Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 592884 times)

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
Re: 2023 Hurricane Hilary
« Reply #6480 on: August 19, 2023, 09:15:15 PM »
Gerald is covering Hurricane Hilary on his Agenda Free YouTube Channel.

Those who do not give real caution to the Flood/Flash Flood WARNINGS will be putting themselves in Life-Threatening situations. The NWS has said these flash floods will develop quicker than expected in the Warning Zones!!!

THE WEAKENING OF THE HURRICANE WINDS DOES NOT REDUCE THE RAINFALL HAZARDS.

The slower it goes, the more rain that falls...
Eh, nevermind...

Peter Wyngarde

• Elluminati
  • Perpetual Vice President of the Anti-Pansy League
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #6481 on: August 20, 2023, 03:32:27 AM »
Woo Hoo!  Beautiful Saturday here. Not a cloud in the sky [Suck it Wyngarde!].

You people just never manage to get things in moderation. So, it's too hot there now? The weather might be awful here but at least we are spared the extremes, and I know that I don't have to worry about hurricane season and having to wake up in the middle of the night to find my entire house has been blown away. Why you idiots don't use bricks like normal people I have never been able to understand.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #6482 on: August 20, 2023, 04:53:50 AM »
Gerald is covering Hurricane Hilary on his Agenda Free YouTube Channel.

Those who do not give real caution to the Flood/Flash Flood WARNINGS will be putting themselves in Life-Threatening situations. The NWS has said these flash floods will develop quicker than expected in the Warning Zones!!!

THE WEAKENING OF THE HURRICANE WINDS DOES NOT REDUCE THE RAINFALL HAZARDS.

If you haven't lived through hurricanes, you won't believe the amount of water.  I would think especially there because I doubt the storm sewer systems can handle it.  The track of this storm makes it will pick up water from both the Pacific and the Gulf.  Also the wind will pick up loose objects and slam them into windows, which I suspect are not up to hurricane standards.
Fill your cars with gas.  Set aside several gallons of water per petson.  Get canned food that can be dated from the can if there is no cooking source.  Be prepared to be without electricity for several days.
Merry Christmas

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #6483 on: August 20, 2023, 09:16:06 AM »
... Why you idiots don't use bricks like normal people I have never been able to understand.

Because brick and stone crack and crumble during earthquakes, wood gives a bit.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #6484 on: August 20, 2023, 09:20:33 AM »
If you haven't lived through hurricanes, you won't believe the amount of water.  I would think especially there because I doubt the storm sewer systems can handle it.  The track of this storm makes it will pick up water from both the Pacific and the Gulf.  Also the wind will pick up loose objects and slam them into windows, which I suspect are not up to hurricane standards.
Fill your cars with gas.  Set aside several gallons of water per petson.  Get canned food that can be dated from the can if there is no cooking source.  Be prepared to be without electricity for several days.

Too late to stock up on pop tarts.
Are we having fun yet?

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #6485 on: August 20, 2023, 09:33:10 AM »
You people just never manage to get things in moderation. So, it's too hot there now? The weather might be awful here but at least we are spared the extremes, and I know that I don't have to worry about hurricane season and having to wake up in the middle of the night to find my entire house has been blown away. Why you idiots don't use bricks like normal people I have never been able to understand.

See all that green stuff in the east from the Gulf of Mexico up to Hudson Bay?  Them's trees baby. Not some horrid Moor or wretched Dale but big, beautiful Deciduous awesomeness.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #6486 on: August 20, 2023, 11:11:15 AM »
Why you idiots don't use bricks like normal people I have never been able to understand.
Plenty of houses and structures with brick. Brick as the exterior to a wood framed structure that is.

Because brick and stone crack and crumble during earthquakes, wood gives a bit.

yip

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #6487 on: August 20, 2023, 01:52:24 PM »
Most of the city of San Diego and many of the neighboring communities channel storm trains to the ocean. We don't have the homelessness that other cities north of us have, but there's enough that human fecal levels are going to be sky high in our ocean. Ocean life will benefit and the circle of life will lead to more great white sharks coming to eat people after they deplete all the sea lions. It'll be a catastrophe for humanity. People will be dying for months on end.

Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #6488 on: August 22, 2023, 01:03:26 PM »
The new controversy around Queens Fat Bottomed Girls is absolutely absurd. I never liked the song, and it most certainly does not deserve this amount of negative or positive attention.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #6489 on: August 22, 2023, 01:44:42 PM »
I thought the whole purpose of Queen was to be offensive.
Merry Christmas

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #6490 on: August 22, 2023, 03:47:16 PM »
I thought the whole purpose of Queen was to be offensive.

Really? How so?

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #6491 on: August 22, 2023, 06:47:47 PM »
The new controversy around Queens Fat Bottomed Girls is absolutely absurd. I never liked the song, and it most certainly does not deserve this amount of negative or positive attention.

What about ''I like Big Butts'', ''Baby Got Back'', ''Whole Lotta Rosie'', ''Bootylicious''...?

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #6492 on: August 22, 2023, 06:48:40 PM »
Really? How so?

A low output, quality songwriter who awkwardly moved on stage and liked to dress in leotards, yet was a great singer and a good musician. He somehow got vaulted into greatness alongside people like Elton John and the Beatles. That's the controversy. A decent singles band but probably worshiped with the ulterior motive of the gay community saying "he's one of our own."

Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #6493 on: August 22, 2023, 07:23:39 PM »
What about ''I like Big Butts'', ''Baby Got Back'', ''Whole Lotta Rosie'', ''Bootylicious''...?

With respect; Baby Got Back is not about a woman's large bum. The song is about the spinal structure of a human being. If "baby" didn't have/GOT "back", baby's head and shoulders would be sitting directly on top of the hips with hands hanging down near the ankles. You find that sort of a woman attractive? I do not.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #6494 on: August 22, 2023, 08:42:52 PM »
With respect; Baby Got Back is not about a woman's large bum. The song is about the spinal structure of a human being. If "baby" didn't have/GOT "back", baby's head and shoulders would be sitting directly on top of the hips with hands hanging down near the ankles. You find that sort of a woman attractive? I do not.

Your new girlfriend made you type that, right?