Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 592873 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #6645 on: October 08, 2023, 08:27:36 AM »
Done with Baseball, forever. MLB
With the exception of international hockey I'm done with that too. NHL
Football.. still in.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #6646 on: October 08, 2023, 09:34:16 AM »
https://nypost.com/2023/10/06/i-hugged-my-son-goodbye-and-he-began-college-i-never-saw-him-again/

Strangely, I couldn't find any articles about this tragic event back when this supposedly happened a year ago.

Maybe Google pushes the recent stuff and memory holes all the old stuff to drive eyes to sites that they have their ads on, completely plausible.

My gut feeling though is that these are Orwellian times and a professional writer telling her story of a dead son might be an attention seeking ploy.
Eh, nevermind...

whoozit

• Elluminati
« Reply #6647 on: October 08, 2023, 02:36:12 PM »
Did a 68.5 mile gravel Gran Fondo yesterday featuring a 9.5 mile 2,300 foot climb over a mountain.  It rained the night before and the climb was like riding through crunchy peanut butter.  The descent made my pooter pucker and I nearly went into the trees.  Can’t wait to do it for the third consecutive year in 2024.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #6648 on: October 08, 2023, 07:26:28 PM »
Done with Baseball, forever. MLB...

Run by a bunch of marketing tools who have no idea what made baseball such a great game, they've run it into the ground and ruined it.  While this is still ongoing and worsening, they ruined it 25 years ago.  What took you so long?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #6649 on: October 08, 2023, 07:38:15 PM »
Run by a bunch of marketing tools who have no idea what made baseball such a great game, they've run it into the ground and ruined it.  While this is still ongoing and worsening, they ruined it 25 years ago.  What took you so long?

@Walks_At_Night Ahh, yes. What took me so long is that I was a late comer to the game. September 2015 when the Jays were steamrolling everyone and headed to the World Series. I hated the game up until then, but I decided to watch a few games and was amazed that I had never given it a chance before. Jays were robbed that year. Literally robbed. I could get conspiratorial about it and make a good case for it too.

My reason for turning my back on it and other leagues (not sports) is the rampant and unbounded preaching on social issues ETC.

I will not wear the ribbon!

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #6650 on: October 08, 2023, 08:16:17 PM »
@Walks_At_Night Ahh, yes. What took me so long is that I was a late comer to the game. September 2015 when the Jays were steamrolling everyone and headed to the World Series. I hated the game up until then, but I decided to watch a few games and was amazed that I had never given it a chance before. Jays were robbed that year. Literally robbed. I could get conspiratorial about it and make a good case for it too.

My reason for turning my back on it and other leagues (not sports) is the rampant and unbounded preaching on social issues ETC.

I will not wear the ribbon!

The demarcation for me was the strike in 1994, wiping out a great year, great pennant race, and what was shaping up to be a great post-season.  Unacceptable.

To lure fans in to replace people like me, they made the fatal decision to add offense.  Ask a diehard soccer or hockey fan what they think of slowing the game way down and adding a considerable amount of additional offense.

If you started watching it after '94, you were 100% correct in thinking it sucked badly.  Because it did.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #6651 on: October 10, 2023, 09:06:17 AM »

If you started watching it after '94, you were 100% correct in thinking it sucked badly.  Because it did.
I had nothing to compare it too, so I was unaware that it had changed that much, if at all.

As previously mentioned I didn't care one bit about the sport until post season 2015, so there was no way to know that what I was watching 'sucked'  But now, 8 years later, I think it sucks compared to what I was originally so excited about not so many years ago. I had what can only be described as 'new fan ignorance condition'.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #6652 on: October 10, 2023, 09:43:46 AM »
Thinking about those extra large bases.  Make them six feet square and sell seats on them.  That should bring in some dough.
Merry Christmas

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #6653 on: October 10, 2023, 03:58:22 PM »
That strike took away Tony Gwynn's crack at .400. He hit .391 and, picking up the next year, hit .400 over the span of 162 games.
Eh, nevermind...

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #6654 on: October 12, 2023, 06:20:20 PM »
Boom Boom. Big strong man like that isn't afraid of a little Boom Boom.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #6655 on: October 13, 2023, 06:54:51 AM »

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #6656 on: October 13, 2023, 07:59:19 PM »
Always nice to see someone enjoying their meal.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #6657 on: October 19, 2023, 10:41:28 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #6658 on: October 19, 2023, 11:22:23 AM »
Gee Willikers.  The old boy was lucky to get out.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #6659 on: October 21, 2023, 06:19:42 AM »
Why isn't this real?  Why?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login