Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 592915 times)

JUAN

• Ellevated
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #7080 on: February 10, 2024, 11:58:16 AM »
Across from my island is another island where the residents live in cottages and a mere million a year would be considered low income.  Of course no commercial establishments are allowed there, so all of the restaurants are on my island.  One is a burger joint that sells a $50 hamburger.  Fries and drink are extra.  A friend with more money than brains bought one for me.  The next day I was stuck in a traffic jam in Jacksonville, so I turned in to a Wendy's to kill some time.  I got a single.  It was better that the $50 burger. So for that kind of fare, Wendy's is pretty good.
Merry Christmas

Peter Wyngarde

• Elluminati
  • Perpetual Vice President of the Anti-Pansy League
« Reply #7081 on: February 10, 2024, 12:08:15 PM »
Across from my island is another island where the residents live in cottages and a mere million a year would be considered low income.  Of course no commercial establishments are allowed there, so all of the restaurants are on my island.  One is a burger joint that sells a $50 hamburger.  Fries and drink are extra.  A friend with more money than brains bought one for me.  The next day I was stuck in a traffic jam in Jacksonville, so I turned in to a Wendy's to kill some time.  I got a single.  It was better that the $50 burger. So for that kind of fare, Wendy's is pretty good.

Interesting. Oh well, I'll give it a go next week. They do stuff like baked potatoes too, of course, which McDonald's doesn't. Being the UK it might be significantly worse than what you get over there, because we don't complain and we're used to getting rubbish food.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #7082 on: February 10, 2024, 12:44:12 PM »
Interesting. Oh well, I'll give it a go next week. They do stuff like baked potatoes too, of course, which McDonald's doesn't. Being the UK it might be significantly worse than what you get over there, because we don't complain and we're used to getting rubbish food.

Put your knacker cracker away

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #7083 on: February 10, 2024, 03:03:36 PM »
Thanks for that. After a boycott of about ten years I went into McDonald's last week and bought this abomination called a Veggie Deluxe which gave me indigestion for two days, so I was wondering what Wendy's was like. It looks a bit more expensive although not as pricey as Five Guys. Not sure if that's any good either, it's only been here a few years too.

Five Guys has really good fries. In the states they post the name of the farm in Idaho where the potatoes they are using that day came from. Here they have free peanuts in the shell that you can help yourself to while waiting for your order. And free refills for fountain drinks.

I like the many choices that they have for free toppings but their burgers are usually way overcooked.
Are we having fun yet?

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #7084 on: February 10, 2024, 03:21:59 PM »
Went to McDonald's for the first time in forever today - got breakfast. Noticed some f*ckery. I was a Starvin' Marvin so I got the Big Breakfast with Hot Cakes.  It comes with scrambled egg, a hash brown, a biscuit, a slab of pig thing, three good size pan cakes, two little tubs of real butter and two tubs of syrup and is served on a nifty little plastic tray thingy.  $5.39   - McDonald's apparently can make a profit at that price. However the Egg McMuffin, etc were like $6.50   Much less materials go into that.   

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #7085 on: February 10, 2024, 03:25:25 PM »
Was out in rural NC today, clearing some brush.  Not too far from Fort Bragg or Fort Liberty - whatever you want to call it now.  Heard the old familiar rolling thunder sounds of "Whump!   Crump!   Whomp".  Been like a year and half since I've heard that. Guess the lads finally can get some practice in, instead of sending all the 105/155mm to Ukraine. 

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #7086 on: February 10, 2024, 07:32:28 PM »
Five Guys has really good fries. In the states they post the name of the farm in Idaho where the potatoes they are using that day came from. Here they have free peanuts in the shell that you can help yourself to while waiting for your order. And free refills for fountain drinks.

I like the many choices that they have for free toppings but their burgers are usually way overcooked.
@JUAN was just bemoaning the $50 hamburger not asking for another place he could get one.
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

WhiteCrow

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #7087 on: February 10, 2024, 08:38:55 PM »

Oh yeah "Fast Foods"  sumthin we can all sink our teeth into.

I discovered why Chick-fil-A restaurants when compared to other fast food world wide restaurant franchised chains are so successful

It's not about, Chicken rather Beef.

It's not about appealing to Christian values by
closing on Sundays.

Chick-fil-A restaurantsuccess isn't about their fast food menu choices or better quality food than other fast food chains

Chick-fil-A restaurant success is the results of their outstanding employee training program.
They actually developed their fast foods restaurant employee  training program by virtually copying McDonald's University training course with a one simple change. 

Chick-fil-A restaurant employees/drones are instructed to say after each customers sentence:

"My Pleasure"

In Chinatowns across the globe and in China
"My Pleasure"  didn't literally translate well for English speaking customers .

English speaking customers thought they were saying:

"Sucky too"

Quija Board Update: "January 1, 2035 still alive"

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #7088 on: February 10, 2024, 09:00:28 PM »
... Chick-fil-A restaurant employees/drones are instructed to say after each customers sentence:

"My Pleasure"

There's one of those in the town my daughter lives in, they apparently go all the time but I'm still, cough, waiting for the right moment..

I've been very disappointed at other places others have gushed over, Popeyes Loosiana chicken being only the most recent.

Peter Wyngarde

• Elluminati
« Reply #7089 on: February 10, 2024, 10:17:43 PM »
Put your knacker cracker away

I'm amazed Danny's still alive, with all the crap he eats.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #7090 on: February 11, 2024, 02:18:36 AM »
There's one of those in the town my daughter lives in, they apparently go all the time but I'm still, cough, waiting for the right moment..

I've been very disappointed at other places others have gushed over, Popeyes Loosiana chicken being only the most recent.

I don't get the love for Popeye's either. Wolf Blitz after eating at Popeye's:

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #7091 on: February 11, 2024, 04:50:49 AM »
I've gotten to know some people who are career fast food employees.  Any with ambition want to work for Chic because the pay is better.  Apparently hiring there is very selective.

The best fries I've ever had were at Spears Artic Circle and Twin Oaks Barbecue.  Both are in Georgia and both feature battered fries.

The second best were at Burger King in the early 70s when they were thin cut and fried in all beef tallow and sprinkled with some kind of seasoning salt.  Those only lasted a couple of years.

@Peter Wyngarde we want a complete report on the UK version of Wendy's.

@PolkaDot glad you've re-graced us with your posts.
Merry Christmas

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #7092 on: February 11, 2024, 04:57:00 AM »
I don't get the love for Popeye's either. Wolf Blitz after eating at Popeye's:

That's the same look he had the time he was on Jeopardy!

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #7093 on: February 11, 2024, 05:07:52 AM »
The second best were at Burger King in the early 70s when they were thin cut and fried in all beef tallow and sprinkled with some kind of seasoning salt.  Those only lasted a couple of years.

Wow. Guess they never recovered. Their fries seem to bounce between poor and horrid, with the current cycle being in the horrid range.  Frozen Ore-Ida's would be better then what they churn out now.

Peter Wyngarde

• Elluminati
« Reply #7094 on: February 11, 2024, 07:14:55 AM »
I've gotten to know some people who are career fast food employees.  Any with ambition want to work for Chic because the pay is better.  Apparently hiring there is very selective.

The best fries I've ever had were at Spears Artic Circle and Twin Oaks Barbecue.  Both are in Georgia and both feature battered fries.

@Peter Wyngarde we want a complete report on the UK version of Wendy's.

@PolkaDot glad you've re-graced us with your posts.

Is there a go-to item you're supposed to get if you're at a Wendy's? Always assuming they have similar menus here, of course.