Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 592895 times)

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #7155 on: February 13, 2024, 05:22:00 AM »
A 13.5 Ounce draft is $6.00 here - if you get a good beer. 

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #7156 on: February 13, 2024, 05:29:34 AM »
Belinda Carlisle is 65, may have found Ozempic and is insanely good looking from 20 feet away in 2024.
If you want to preserve your early teen memories of Heaven Is A Place On Earth Belinda I urge you not to go closer than 20 feet to her now.
For love of all that is holy, do not do it.

Peter Wyngarde

• Elluminati
  • Perpetual Vice President of the Anti-Pansy League
« Reply #7157 on: February 13, 2024, 05:31:24 AM »
Out of all those guys, O'Toole was the best looking.  I bet a lot of his hellraising had to do with women.

Noel Coward said if O'Toole was any prettier they'd have to call it 'Florence of Arabia'.

Peter Wyngarde

• Elluminati
« Reply #7158 on: February 13, 2024, 05:36:48 AM »
Lawrence and Ben-Hur were two older films that popped into mind regarding IMAX.  Perhaps Tora! Tora! Tora! as well.

I've never seen TTT. I should correct that. I noticed they're showing Dune at the IMAX in a couple of weeks, but I thought it was shitty before and paying over the odds for a seat isn't likely to change my opinion.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #7159 on: February 13, 2024, 05:44:57 AM »
I should have swiped the glass actually, got something for my money. They were selling beer upstairs too (I bought mine in the bar downstairs) in plastic cups so it was probably cheaper there. It was quite nice but not worth half that. The prices here are out of control. How much do they charge in a typical bar over there?...

If I'm having a beer it's probably from the refrigerator.  One or two isn't really going to do anything for me except empty out my wallet, any more than that and it's illegal to drive home.  Whenever I do go out I vaguely notice beer prices are high enough I don't want one anyway.

PS, Trader Joe's is just great.  They charge 1/6th of the 6-pack price for single beers, so you can try them all without buying 6 of each.

Billy Joe Mulgreavey

• Elluminati
  • 3.99 or 6.99, content seen NOWHERE else!
« Reply #7160 on: February 13, 2024, 05:54:59 AM »
Belinda Carlisle is 65, may have found Ozempic and is insanely good looking from 20 feet away in 2024.
If you want to preserve your early teen memories of Heaven Is A Place On Earth Belinda I urge you not to go closer than 20 feet to her now.

Doesn't she live in Thailand now?  To see her, you'd have to get within twenty feet of Bangkok.

Peter Wyngarde

• Elluminati
« Reply #7161 on: February 13, 2024, 05:57:52 AM »
If I'm having a beer it's probably from the refrigerator.  One or two isn't really going to do anything for me except empty out my wallet, any more than that and it's illegal to drive home.  Whenever I do go out I vaguely notice beer prices are high enough I don't want one anyway.

PS, Trader Joe's is just great.  They charge 1/6th of the 6-pack price for single beers, so you can try them all without buying 6 of each.

Same here. I can't remember the last time I ordered from a bar, it's just too expensive. I'm always hearing people talk about TJ's but it's never come over here. Not yet anyway.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #7162 on: February 13, 2024, 06:54:21 AM »
I've never seen TTT. I should correct that. I noticed they're showing Dune at the IMAX in a couple of weeks, but I thought it was shitty before and paying over the odds for a seat isn't likely to change my opinion.

You definitely should. The recreation of the attack was done the old fashioned way and is absolutely insane.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #7163 on: February 13, 2024, 06:55:17 AM »
To see her, you'd have to get within twenty feet of Bangkok.

Worse - you would have to be within 20 feet of Van Nuys this week.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #7164 on: February 13, 2024, 06:56:47 AM »

I prefer the pre-cosmetic surgery, drugged out, Go-Go's version of Belinda but if it ever comes up, I'll heed this warning and keep a distance.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Peter Wyngarde

• Elluminati
« Reply #7165 on: February 13, 2024, 07:15:50 AM »
Would I go up or down in y'all's estimation if I told you I once owned a signed photo of Jane Wiedlin?

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #7166 on: February 13, 2024, 07:34:44 AM »
Would I go up or down in y'all's estimation if I told you I once owned a signed photo of Jane Wiedlin?

I think up. She's kinda mousy looking though.  I had you figured as a Samantha Fox dude.

Billy Joe Mulgreavey

• Elluminati
  • 3.99 or 6.99, content seen NOWHERE else!
« Reply #7167 on: February 13, 2024, 07:38:55 AM »

I wouldn't hold it against you.  I always liked her better.
i=ORrx5SwX5rKd-h4A

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #7168 on: February 13, 2024, 08:17:47 AM »
Since you are open to providing extra descriptive info on this niece - how is her rack?
Fat
Merry Christmas

Peter Wyngarde

• Elluminati
« Reply #7169 on: February 13, 2024, 08:21:28 AM »
I think up. She's kinda mousy looking though.  I had you figured as a Samantha Fox dude.

I must have been about 12 or 13. I sent off a letter, didn't understand that you had to pay extra to send mail abroad so I just sent it with an ordinary stamp, but she still wrote back. No one else did.