Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 593007 times)

JUAN

• Ellevated
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #7275 on: February 20, 2024, 04:41:08 PM »
Nah, it's not that kind of neighborhood as I discuss in my latest episode. Nothing that exiting ever happens around here and there just isn't any kind of criminal activity.
Wait until they drop off a bus load of illegal aliens.  Or, maybe you'll get lucky like the woman in Massachusetts and get one who'll cook and clean.
Merry Christmas

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #7276 on: February 20, 2024, 04:49:09 PM »
Wait until they drop off a bus load of illegal aliens.  Or, maybe you'll get lucky like the woman in Massachusetts and get one who'll cook and clean.
They're all dropped off elsewhere. Our neighborhood doesn't lend itself to any of it. There isn't any place to set up a single tent, let alone a "Trudeau Town" of tents. That and the amount of cops around here. There is ONE tree that is located behind the McDonalds that I can see from my office and sometimes a tent will appear under it, but on that same day I'll see a cop pull up and that's that. Camping trip..over!

Peter Wyngarde

• Elluminati
  • Perpetual Vice President of the Anti-Pansy League
« Reply #7277 on: February 21, 2024, 12:31:52 AM »
Picked up a bug while holding court to no one down at the Frog and Toad, did you?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Do you have a special folder for your anti-British pictures? It's either that one or the cunt in the yachting cap. You're skating perilously close to a 'yo mama' response but I will sheathe the sword because engaging in fisticuffs with a guttersnipe would impair my dignity and possibly ruin the sleekness of my moustache.

Smokin Hot Bob

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #7278 on: February 21, 2024, 01:09:28 AM »
Back in my day instructors would often make the entire class sit absolutely still for half an hour or so as some sort of discipline or personal sadistic delight. This modern day variation does look a lot more healthy and progressive.

m2-res_480p.mp4

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #7279 on: February 21, 2024, 01:17:32 AM »
Do you have a special folder for your anti-British pictures? It's either that one or the cunt in the yachting cap. You're skating perilously close to a 'yo mama' response but I will sheathe the sword because engaging in fisticuffs with a guttersnipe would impair my dignity and possibly ruin the sleekness of my moustache.

Well the Cruising the Cut guy in the hat is definitely an annoying individual. Although there is something to be admired even there - forgo wife, lineage and hearth. Chuck everything, retire early and spend one days greasing around those ditches of yours. Then get tired of filming it and semi-retire from the retirement.

The chap pictured above is actor Bill Maynard and hardly puts the British in a negative light in the tome below. Although the clientele is Welsh, the young ladies don't seem to mind that and are quite eager to to come and live in your land of storms and gales.
So anti-British? An emphatic no but on the otherhand, if the shoe fits, wear it!

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #7280 on: February 21, 2024, 01:20:54 AM »
Really? huh. I think it's the whole opposites attract thing. Hot AND cold? Sweet AND Salty? All at once! Gotta love it.

P.S. I'd never spoil an actual strawberry milkshake like that though...THAT is weird.

Try it... Denny's with the real strawberries... Real Iron Chef stuff there.

My typical fry enhancement condiment is thousand island (a la In-N-Out)

@KSM congratulations on the move, Vera might like the windows more than you.
Eh, nevermind...

Peter Wyngarde

• Elluminati
« Reply #7281 on: February 21, 2024, 01:53:48 AM »
Well the Cruising the Cut guy in the hat is definitely an annoying individual. Although there is something to be admired even there - forgo wife, lineage and hearth. Chuck everything, retire early and spend one days greasing around those ditches of yours. Then get tired of filming it and semi-retire from the retirement.

The chap pictured above is actor Bill Maynard and hardly puts the British in a negative light in the tome below. Although the clientele is Welsh, the young ladies don't seem to mind that and are quite eager to to come and live in your land of storms and gales.
So anti-British? An emphatic no but on the otherhand, if the shoe fits, wear it!

I know who he is, sonny. I can say with complete confidence that you aren't going to be able to name a Britisher in light entertainment from those days that I'm not at least passingly familiar with.  It would be different now, as I haven't had a TV for over thirty years so I'm about as out of touch as a person can be without living on a desert island. Whenever they have one of those 'I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here' shows, I'm almost guaranteed to not know virtually any of them.

Billy Joe Mulgreavey

• Elluminati
  • 3.99 or 6.99, content seen NOWHERE else!
« Reply #7282 on: February 21, 2024, 06:15:53 AM »
https://apnews.com/article/hiker-kills-coyote-with-bare-hands-f5a5ad44ee8ea98729c85f95d7fed434

I read recently that there has been a rise in rabies infection in the global animal kingdom.  The county I live in has seen an increase of the virus in cats, skunks, and bats in the last few years.  Maybe it has to do with general population increases?  I’ve seen (and heard) a lot more coyotes lately than I have in the past.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #7283 on: February 21, 2024, 07:36:47 AM »
https://apnews.com/article/hiker-kills-coyote-with-bare-hands-f5a5ad44ee8ea98729c85f95d7fed434

I read recently that there has been a rise in rabies infection in the global animal kingdom.  The county I live in has seen an increase of the virus in cats, skunks, and bats in the last few years.  Maybe it has to do with general population increases?  I’ve seen (and heard) a lot more coyotes lately than I have in the past.

I remember early on in my stay in the midwest, I saw a squirrel acting very aggressively. I called animal control and expressed my concern it might have rabies. Animal control said that whatever would have given it rabies would have killed it. That is it good theory and all but there is something that they might have overlooked.. Bats. If you feed a bat, you could get rabies because of their saliva.
Eh, nevermind...

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #7284 on: February 21, 2024, 07:40:13 AM »
I remember early on in my stay in the midwest, I saw a squirrel acting very aggressively. I called animal control and expressed my concern it might have rabies. Animal control said that whatever would have given it rabies would have killed it. That is it good theory and all but there is something that they might have overlooked.. Bats. If you feed a bat, you could get rabies because of their saliva.

Nasty little bastards.........

Billy Joe Mulgreavey

• Elluminati
  • 3.99 or 6.99, content seen NOWHERE else!
« Reply #7285 on: February 21, 2024, 08:46:10 AM »

Not surprised at the nonchalant attitude of animal control.  About six years ago, I was out delivering meds to an apartment complex which was near a wooded area.  There was a pretty sizable population of feral cats in the area.  The residents of the complex had set up feeding stations around the buildings for the little bastards.  As I was coming out of the community center, someone called out to me with a question.  I was backing out the door as I answered and right at that exact time, a cat ran around the side of the building, running from another cat, ran into me then bit me in the calf.  I only had a short time to deliver the rest of the meds so I didn't check my leg until later.  I found that it had bitten me pretty deeply, my sock had absorbed the blood.  I called into work and our insurance gal instructed me to go to our local ER to get it checked out.  While waiting forever, I did some research and found that cats and bats were our leading carriers of rabies in the county the previous year.  When I was finally seen, an intern cleaned the wound and gave me a tetanus shot.  I asked him about rabies.  He said if it had been a dog bite, they'd have started me on the rabies series, but since it was a cat, no.  I pointed out my findings about scum ridden cats in our county and he said they didn't keep immunoglobulin on site.  He also said the odds of the cat having rabies was one in a million.  I explained that a boy who had lived in our house before we purchased it had passed away from a snake bite.  I told him that I knew  the doctor in MO who passed away from a Brown Recluse bite (the only known fatality from such a thing at the time). He directed me to the county health department.  Went there and the NP that was running the place suggested I catch the cat that bit me so it could be tested.  She asked if I could identify it.  I told her all I saw was its black ass (not racist, that's what color it was) as it ran around the corner.  I told her there must be something like 30 cats in the area, most of them black in color.  She decided to start me on the rabies series.   I asked about immunoglobulin.  She said they didn't keep it on hand because of the cost and its short shelf life.  I called into work and spoke to the insurance lady to tell her what was going on.  She advised me to wait for her to call me back.  About twenty minutes later, I get a call from an agent from Berkshire Hathaway who instructed me NOT to take the series until after I received immunoglobulin.  He sent me to a KC hospital that had immunoglobulin on hand.  I received nine excruciating shots around the bite area.  The doc reckoned that he used about $10K worth of the stuff.  He set me up to receive a series of vaccinations over the next few weeks.  I got the invoice in the mail...just under $24K!  Thank you Warren Buffet for picking up the tab!

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #7286 on: February 21, 2024, 08:55:43 AM »

@KSM congratulations on the move, Vera might like the windows more than you.
Thank you @sean92008 oh yes she will like those windows. Many folks walk their dogs right past that stretch of building so Vera will be in full view of them and they (the other dogs) will be in full view of her.  ::)

I am definitely looking forward to it. If I get any closer to work I'll be living in the lobby of the building.  ;D   It's like.. right! There! across the street!

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #7287 on: February 21, 2024, 09:30:53 AM »
Didn't Jimmy Church live across the street from the PremRat studios? That's how he was able to rush over to "help" when Art died.
Merry Christmas

Peter Wyngarde

• Elluminati
« Reply #7288 on: February 21, 2024, 11:37:13 AM »
Now ChatGPT is doing the AI equivalent of snorting coke off a hooker's arse, just what is the harvest going to be?

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/chatgpt-off-rails-ai-starts-32178749

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #7289 on: February 21, 2024, 01:17:02 PM »
The ultimate ricer?