Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 592897 times)

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #7290 on: February 21, 2024, 02:41:29 PM »
This dude just spent one of his nine lives. Cripes.

https://twitter.com/rawsalerts/status/1760393197803524194

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #7291 on: February 21, 2024, 02:52:24 PM »
This dude just spent one of his nine lives. Cripes.

https://twitter.com/rawsalerts/status/1760393197803524194

Not hearing a train horn should be a disqualifier for licensing. He is lucky because he could have easily been spun around and pushed right back into the train. Before seeing the video, I was expecting the train to hit from the passenger side.

Ultimately, he shouldn't be driving and he should be cited and held responsible for all the damage.
Eh, nevermind...

Smokin Hot Bob

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #7292 on: February 21, 2024, 08:26:56 PM »
Not surprised at the nonchalant attitude of animal control.  About six years ago, I was out delivering meds to an apartment complex which was near a wooded area.  There was a pretty sizable population of feral cats in the area.  The residents of the complex had set up feeding stations around the buildings for the little bastards.  As I was coming out of the community center, someone called out to me with a question.  I was backing out the door as I answered and right at that exact time, a cat ran around the side of the building, running from another cat, ran into me then bit me in the calf.  I only had a short time to deliver the rest of the meds so I didn't check my leg until later.  I found that it had bitten me pretty deeply, my sock had absorbed the blood.  I called into work and our insurance gal instructed me to go to our local ER to get it checked out.  While waiting forever, I did some research and found that cats and bats were our leading carriers of rabies in the county the previous year.  When I was finally seen, an intern cleaned the wound and gave me a tetanus shot.  I asked him about rabies.  He said if it had been a dog bite, they'd have started me on the rabies series, but since it was a cat, no.  I pointed out my findings about scum ridden cats in our county and he said they didn't keep immunoglobulin on site.  He also said the odds of the cat having rabies was one in a million.  I explained that a boy who had lived in our house before we purchased it had passed away from a snake bite.  I told him that I knew  the doctor in MO who passed away from a Brown Recluse bite (the only known fatality from such a thing at the time). He directed me to the county health department.  Went there and the NP that was running the place suggested I catch the cat that bit me so it could be tested.  She asked if I could identify it.  I told her all I saw was its black ass (not racist, that's what color it was) as it ran around the corner.  I told her there must be something like 30 cats in the area, most of them black in color.  She decided to start me on the rabies series.   I asked about immunoglobulin.  She said they didn't keep it on hand because of the cost and its short shelf life.  I called into work and spoke to the insurance lady to tell her what was going on.  She advised me to wait for her to call me back.  About twenty minutes later, I get a call from an agent from Berkshire Hathaway who instructed me NOT to take the series until after I received immunoglobulin.  He sent me to a KC hospital that had immunoglobulin on hand.  I received nine excruciating shots around the bite area.  The doc reckoned that he used about $10K worth of the stuff.  He set me up to receive a series of vaccinations over the next few weeks.  I got the invoice in the mail...just under $24K!  Thank you Warren Buffet for picking up the tab!

Yikes! That is one terrifying tale from the backwoods of America. But that's what you get flouncing around with your bare calves hanging out.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Billy Joe Mulgreavey

• Elluminati
  • 3.99 or 6.99, content seen NOWHERE else!
« Reply #7293 on: February 22, 2024, 03:58:11 AM »
Yikes! That is one terrifying tale from the backwoods of America. But that's what you get flouncing around with your bare calves hanging out.

Lol!  Yes, I try to dress more appropriately now and try not to flounce as much.

Peter Wyngarde

• Elluminati
  • Perpetual Vice President of the Anti-Pansy League
« Reply #7294 on: February 22, 2024, 04:53:00 AM »
Well, I'm in London. It was pissing down and decided to hit Five Guys for the first time in Charing Cross.

Cheeseburger, large fries and bottle of water? Over 20 quid!!! Pictures to follow once I've digested this and had rape counselling.

Billy Joe Mulgreavey

• Elluminati
« Reply #7295 on: February 22, 2024, 04:56:07 AM »
Well, I'm in London. It was pissing down and decided to hit Five Guys for the first time in Charing Cross.

Cheeseburger, large fries and bottle of water? Over 20 quid!!! Pictures to follow once I've digested this and had rape counselling.

But It was a good burger, right?

Billy Joe Mulgreavey

• Elluminati
« Reply #7296 on: February 22, 2024, 04:59:47 AM »
Also, leave it to you to pass up a joint called Wendy's for one called Five Guys. 

Billy Joe Mulgreavey

• Elluminati
« Reply #7297 on: February 22, 2024, 05:10:25 AM »

9mm is fine of course. After Dad passed, was going through some of stuff and found these babies.  I imagine they would stop a robber pretty good too.   ;)

Wow!  What did he shoot these out of?

Peter Wyngarde

• Elluminati
« Reply #7298 on: February 22, 2024, 05:43:02 AM »
Also, leave it to you to pass up a joint called Wendy's for one called Five Guys.

The fact that made me laugh doesn't lessen my wish for Kathy to creep into your shack in the middle of the night and sit on your face.

I posted some photos to flickr if you want to see. I was absolutely stuffed and had trouble finishing it by the end. The burger was huge and it was a struggle getting my face round it. It was pink in the middle with some nice charring on the outside so much better than your McD's stuff. The fries were good and I had one of those little paper cups with mayonnaise in honour of the Big Guy.

Nevertheless, I found the experience a bit traumatising. I'm a champagne bar/opera house sort of guy and these brushes with the dregs of humanity do leave me rather exhausted. I've got the theatre later so I'll have to pull myself together.

How you people consume so many of these in a day astounds me.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/200051239@N02/

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #7299 on: February 22, 2024, 08:19:42 AM »
Water was your mistake.  Should have been a Coke - more calories and extra acid to aid digestion.

Is 5 Guys there excruciatingly loud?
Merry Christmas

Peter Wyngarde

• Elluminati
« Reply #7300 on: February 22, 2024, 08:23:48 AM »
Water was your mistake.  Should have been a Coke - more calories and extra acid to aid digestion.

Is 5 Guys there excruciatingly loud?

That bottle of water cost me three quid too. Not insufferably loud, but it was central London at lunchtime so loud enough.

I was surprised how close I came to throwing in the towel. It was expensive, but to give them credit they do the burgers while you wait and they were pretty good, not the highly processed stuff you get elsewhere.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #7301 on: February 22, 2024, 08:35:13 AM »

So many of them in a day? Who have you been talking to? I allow myself one garbage burger per month. Today could be that day as I will be out and about, and no doubt the hunger juices will stir up just enough for me to give in. However, I'm thinking more along the lines of..

Peter Wyngarde

• Elluminati
« Reply #7302 on: February 22, 2024, 08:51:29 AM »
So many of them in a day? Who have you been talking to? I allow myself one garbage burger per month. Today could be that day as I will be out and about, and no doubt the hunger juices will stir up just enough for me to give in. However, I'm thinking more along the lines of..

You said you went and had a double Big Mac only the other day. You're so crazed by processed meat you don't know if you're Arthur or Martha, you're just automatically fisting this stuff down your throat and you don't even notice.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #7303 on: February 22, 2024, 09:24:18 AM »
The fact that made me laugh doesn't lessen my wish for Kathy to creep into your shack in the middle of the night and sit on your face.

I posted some photos to flickr if you want to see. I was absolutely stuffed and had trouble finishing it by the end. The burger was huge and it was a struggle getting my face round it. It was pink in the middle with some nice charring on the outside so much better than your McD's stuff. The fries were good and I had one of those little paper cups with mayonnaise in honour of the Big Guy.

Nevertheless, I found the experience a bit traumatising. I'm a champagne bar/opera house sort of guy and these brushes with the dregs of humanity do leave me rather exhausted. I've got the theatre later so I'll have to pull myself together.

There's a 5 Guys place within walking distance from where I live, it's actually steps closer than Trader Joe's, but I haven't ever been.  My kids like it though.

One of them lives near a Chic-fil-A and goes there a lot, I haven't been there yet either.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #7304 on: February 22, 2024, 09:29:47 AM »
You said you went and had a double Big Mac only the other day. You're so crazed by processed meat you don't know if you're Arthur or Martha, you're just automatically fisting this stuff down your throat and you don't even notice.
LOL  the D-Big mac was two weekends ago, but point taken. Asshole.

But seriously, in my defense, Boston Market isn't really a burger place. It's more BBQ and roast chicken with all the sides. Yes, earlier I did say that it may be a burger day, but it occurred to me when typing out the initial post that I will be passing by Boston Market, thus negating the burger. Therefore, this entire exchange has been a colossal waste of both our time.

I just don't know you live with yourself.