Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 283849 times)

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #1695 on: January 03, 2023, 11:30:45 AM »
I had a powered RCA antenna that used to pick up 50 channels of high-definition broadcast from Los Angeles, the inland empire which is east of LA and the San Diego area. It was glorious! Watching Craig Ferguson in high def over the air is 20 times better than watching it streamed on YouTube.

Suddenly, my reception started to fail. Channels and groups of channels would fall off. Presumption is that they were lowering the power on the transmitter or switching transmitters. Then, I went from a Sharp Aquos from something like 2008 to a TCL from what seems like 4 years ago. No over the air at all. Even with double amplification, nothing worked with the TCL. I don't think they're made to really receive over the air, if you ask me.

Now, for the real reason I'm here...
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

If I ever decide to become a cat photographer, all I will have to do is lay out crap for them to sit or stand on and they will comply! There will be no cleaning of Christmas wrap!
Eh, nevermind...

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #1696 on: January 03, 2023, 12:11:58 PM »
On these new digital channels the signal is really affected by weather - particularly humidity.  Unfortunately on this island, I can’t get over the air at all and those bastards at Comcast make me subscribe to 10 somewhat local channels to get internet.
Merry Christmas

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #1697 on: January 03, 2023, 12:39:21 PM »
If you don't get some of the channels with an antenna locally, the low priced (about $7/month) Frndly TV app for smart TVs, streaming devices, and smartphones has about 40 channels including metv, H&I, Decades, INSP that carry a lot of classic TV including the Star Treks.

Uncle Duke

• Elluminati
« Reply #1698 on: January 03, 2023, 01:20:47 PM »
I just don't understand your hang-up about U7. When it goes down you seem to be SOL for classic C2C when there are so many other options. Better options IMO

I have the Google podcast app downloaded, and there are at least four Bell sites available.  There are shows from C2C, DM, and MitD, and all have a short synopsis that includes topic/guest(s) and original broadcast date.

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing
« Reply #1699 on: January 03, 2023, 04:49:29 PM »
If you’re still doing the Over The Air (OTA) TV antenna thing, the H&I channel has Star Trek, ST The Next Gen, etc. every night, except for Saturday.

https://www.handitv.com/allstartrek/original-series/

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Heros and icon is also on slingtv.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1700 on: January 03, 2023, 05:48:00 PM »
On these new digital channels the signal is really affected by weather - particularly humidity.  Unfortunately on this island, I can’t get over the air at all and those bastards at Comcast make me subscribe to 10 somewhat local channels to get internet.

Although I'm sure bandwidth gets limited at some sort of a point, home internet using 4G and 5G might be an option for you. They're being pitched in Southern California for $50 a month. T-Mobile and AT&T or maybe it's Verizon.

If you don't get some of the channels with an antenna locally, the low priced (about $7/month) Frndly TV app for smart TVs, streaming devices, and smartphones has about 40 channels including metv, H&I, Decades, INSP that carry a lot of classic TV including the Star Treks.

Pluto hired Drew Barrymore to do a series of commercials about how they never charge ("stream now, pay never") Sometimes, it sucks. The Helen Hunt (is that the lady from the Mad About You TV show?) movie festival was kind of a waste although she was wearing a leotard top at one point while I was flipping through channels.

I have the Google podcast app downloaded, and there are at least four Bell sites available.  There are shows from C2C, DM, and MitD, and all have a short synopsis that includes topic/guest(s) and original broadcast date.

The Somewhere in Time website has a great selection as well. I just like the idea of a broadcast format. I'll dig deeper and see what's floating around there. Ultimate Art Bell, dog/zebra and something else exists in addition to U7.
Eh, nevermind...

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #1701 on: January 03, 2023, 06:14:04 PM »
Heros and icon is also on slingtv.
Yes but its part of an extra $6/mo cost channel package.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF KINDNESS
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1702 on: January 03, 2023, 08:59:11 PM »
On these new digital channels the signal is really affected by weather - particularly humidity.  Unfortunately on this island, I can’t get over the air at all and those bastards at

Comcast make me subscribe to 10 somewhat local channels to get internet.
Dude, that is fucked up.

Jedimiller

• Alpha Male
  • Ellightened
    • starwars.com
« Reply #1703 on: January 04, 2023, 04:32:48 AM »
I'M ALPHA AF

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing
« Reply #1704 on: January 04, 2023, 08:02:16 AM »
Yes but its part of an extra $6/mo cost channel package.
Yes. Sling TV has most of the channels to like to watch. Plus I also have frnly app and paramount plus.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1705 on: January 07, 2023, 09:15:43 PM »
Art's SiT tonight had Art addressing a comment about a smoke-free environment for broadcasters working from home... "Over my dead body..." (45 minutes left in the show.)

Yes, well....
Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1706 on: January 07, 2023, 10:08:10 PM »
Tonight's show was from January 4th, 2000.
Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1707 on: January 09, 2023, 12:58:38 AM »
1-2-2005 Art talks about his sister, Jessie and her dog, Maggie. They won an Animal Planet contest... The video is from the BBC.

This is Art's sister:
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF KINDNESS
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1708 on: January 11, 2023, 11:19:38 AM »
1-2-2005 Art talks about his sister, Jessie and her dog, Maggie. They won an Animal Planet contest... The video is from the BBC.

Art had a weird relationship with both his sisters. When listening to him talk about them, one gets the impression that he kept them at arm's length, so to speak. He speaks briefly, casually, but not affectionately about them in the Art Of Talk.

Basically.. 'these are my sisters, meh'

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1709 on: January 11, 2023, 11:26:08 AM »
On the show, he actually complemented the sister in the video. He said that she would go off and train their pets on her own, presumably as children.
Eh, nevermind...