Author Topic: Random, stupid things on your mind  (Read 797676 times)

anniem

• Ellevated
Re: Random, stupid things on your mind
« Reply #960 on: May 09, 2019, 10:49:22 AM »
It's not the same house.
The original house was torn down and this one was built on the property.
Murder loophole!

Stinky!~

Kidnostad

• Psychiatric Hold
  • Elluminati
« Reply #961 on: May 09, 2019, 11:19:08 AM »
There I was eating lunch at my favorite greasy spoon today when in walks a rather short, slightly built, totally bald African American man with a grey goatee who's wearing a white mini dress cinched at the waist with a wide black patent leather belt.  He's accompanied by a sixty something, conventionally dressed straight looking white dude who has to be 6'3-4."  This is a no shitter. There was no way I could snap a photo without being obvious.

I know, right--who wears white before Memorial Day?

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #962 on: May 09, 2019, 11:35:16 AM »
There I was eating lunch at my favorite greasy spoon today when in walks a rather short, slightly built, totally bald African American man with a grey goatee who's wearing a white mini dress cinched at the waist with a wide black patent leather belt.  He's accompanied by a sixty something, conventionally dressed straight looking white dude who has to be 6'3-4."  This is a no shitter. There was no way I could snap a photo without being obvious.

I know, right--who wears white before Memorial Day?

Ha! I have a stealth camera app on my phone but still, you have get the phone aimed correctly.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #963 on: May 09, 2019, 05:55:53 PM »
Huge spam attack on this forum I'm a member of. See the top category that has of today pages and pages and so on of unbelievable spam. Doubt it'll be cleaned up by tomorrow.  Take a look while it's still there :o http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/

Not counting the pinned topics there are currently 20 full pages and counting as the culprit is still signed in. :-\  Why do spammers always have names like Sm39c4

Evil Twin Of Zen

• Drone Pilot
  • Let'em wonder, that's MY motto.....
« Reply #964 on: May 12, 2019, 03:44:49 PM »

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #965 on: May 12, 2019, 06:53:53 PM »
I'm devolving.  All the things I was good, or at least competent, at are going to shit.  It's as if part of my mind was erased.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #966 on: May 12, 2019, 07:44:04 PM »
I'm devolving.  All the things I was good, or at least competent, at are going to shit.  It's as if part of my mind was erased.

I feel your pain @ShayP .  We are all Booji Boy now.

Bluejay

• Gif Ninja
  • Ellevated
  • West of the Rockies
« Reply #967 on: May 12, 2019, 08:05:07 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #968 on: May 16, 2019, 01:06:48 AM »
Welcome to the club, Honey!  There ought to be an "Orientation" for growing older.  A mandatory two week set of free classes, full of all the things no one would ever tell you.  Well, while we are at it, chocolate is helpful against constipation and pork is almost twice as high in potassium as other meats.  Are you getting enough sleep for your body and brain to regenerate?

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #969 on: May 16, 2019, 02:02:44 PM »
I feel your pain @ShayP .  We are all Booji Boy now.

@Walks_At_Night   Wow.  I forgot about this.  I am Devo.  :D

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #970 on: May 16, 2019, 02:08:16 PM »
Welcome to the club, Honey!  There ought to be an "Orientation" for growing older.  A mandatory two week set of free classes, full of all the things no one would ever tell you.  Well, while we are at it, chocolate is helpful against constipation and pork is almost twice as high in potassium as other meats.  Are you getting enough sleep for your body and brain to regenerate?

@Sofia   Is there a name for this club?  ;D  I'd be good with an orientation because at this time I feel like I did in high school trying to figure out want I want to do with my life.   :-\   Oh, I don't think I mentioned anything regarding constipation, however, thank you for that tid bit.  LOL!  ;)  And no...my sleep pattern is inconsistent.  I can have several nights where I sleep like a baby, then I will have several where I get no more than 3 hours.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #971 on: May 17, 2019, 12:09:03 AM »
@Sofia   Is there a name for this club?  ;D  I'd be good with an orientation because at this time I feel like I did in high school trying to figure out want I want to do with my life.   :-\   Oh, I don't think I mentioned anything regarding constipation, however, thank you for that tid bit.  LOL!  ;)  And no...my sleep pattern is inconsistent.  I can have several nights where I sleep like a baby, then I will have several where I get no more than 3 hours.
I would call it OWL, Our Whole Lives.  Older people tend to take more prescriptions, many of which can really interfere in the bathroom.  Well, maybe you just need a few nights' good sleep!

I remember when 40 hit me, I realized for the first time in my life that certain things could never come true anymore.  I would never have a family of 5, never live in the same home 50 years, never retire after 40 years with the same company, never be married to the same man for 50 years, etc... But, I can still find meaning.

When 50 came, I realized there are going to be losses.  I might never look better than I do now.  I will lose some of my senses and body parts or functions.  Everyone I know may be dead someday in my future.  Most professionals will be much younger than me someday.  My tendons, skin, and other organs might never function better than right now.  But, I can enjoy the time and make good decisions.

If you ever need a short cut for one of aging's dastardly deed, PM me.  I work with seniors and am seeing how these things are done.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #972 on: May 20, 2019, 10:57:19 AM »
I probably should feel bad that the guy I pay to cut my grass is about 20 years older than I am but I don't.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #973 on: May 24, 2019, 01:19:47 PM »
I probably should feel bad that the guy I pay to cut my grass is about 20 years older than I am but I don't.
He needs the work.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #974 on: May 24, 2019, 08:34:48 PM »
I want it to be done right so I do it myself. Mow North South every fourth cut and also to leave the clippings every eighth cut.