Author Topic: Tour de France  (Read 4814 times)

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
Tour de France
« on: July 20, 2019, 02:40:39 PM »
Today was the 13th stage of this year's Tour de France. So far this has been a Tour full of surprises. This was the first day in the big mountains. Today in the Pyrénées climbing the formidable Col de Tourmalet. The winner was a Frenchman who nobody anticipated would be a contender but now has been in the yellow jersey for 10 stages

Once I spent a birthday cruising around the Pyrénées from Pau to the Tourmalet and Pic du Midi To Lourdes then back to Pau. The Tourlamet was so steep I couldn't understand how the car tires stayed on the road. What a beautiful memorable day

Vive Le Tour! 😺

Stage 14 Pau to Col de Tourmalet
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

Cleveland Zackhouse

• KNYE
  • Americae Delenda Est
Re: Tour de France
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 03:26:51 PM »
Today was the 13th stage of this year's Tour de France. So far this has been a Tour full of surprises. This was the first day in the big mountains. Today in the Pyrénées climbing the formidable Col de Tourmalet. The winner was a Frenchman who nobody anticipated would be a contender but now has been in the yellow jersey for 10 stages

Once I spent a birthday cruising around the Pyrénées from Pau to the Tourmalet and Pic du Midi To Lourdes then back to Pau. The Tourlamet was so steep I couldn't understand how the car tires stayed on the road. What a beautiful memorable day

Vive Le Tour! 😺

Stage 14 Pau to Col de Tourmalet

I take my hat off to you! Most 80-year-olds would celebrate with a mug of cocoa and a binge of General Hospital, but you get out there with a carful of cats and enjoy the scenery of a foreign country.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2019, 09:27:26 PM »

I take my hat off to you! Most 80-year-olds would celebrate with a mug of cocoa and a binge of General Hospital, but you get out there with a carful of cats and enjoy the scenery of a foreign country.

Nope. Just one cool cat. Who is very hot. He drove. I would never dare to drive those roads. With or without a carful of cats. You must be thinking of my grandmother. I bet you dated her. She never did show much discrimination

P.S. Best keep your hat on. The summer sun is tough on bald skinheads

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2019, 11:00:03 PM »
Are you enjoying fine French cuisine over there? And I guess I should ask whether or not you're sampling the local wines.. So I guess I'm asking you that too. Are you?

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2019, 12:12:46 AM »
Are you enjoying fine French cuisine over there? And I guess I should ask whether or not you're sampling the local wines.. So I guess I'm asking you that too. Are you?

This trip was actually a couple of years ago but mais oui.  It took a few dinners to get into the rhythm of eating and drinking like the French but then oh la la. C'est si bon! Dinner was always at least two hours of a regional specialty with a bottle of local wine and a romantic stroll afterwards. So many delicious meals and wonderful evenings. We were there for a month. Spent just the first 4 and last 2 nights in Paris. The rest of the time we had our own little Tour. The French do it right. This has been a nice trip down memory lane.  @KSM   Have you been to France? If so, what did you think? If not, you and Chloé should definitely go. Bien sûr!

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2019, 06:48:42 AM »
These people are doing it wrong.
It's much more fun on a motorcycle.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2019, 07:53:23 AM »

I bet they are too chicken to try it on a Big Wheel.
Are we having fun yet?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2019, 09:50:37 PM »
This trip was actually a couple of years ago but mais oui.  It took a few dinners to get into the rhythm of eating and drinking like the French but then oh la la. C'est si bon! Dinner was always at least two hours of a regional specialty with a bottle of local wine and a romantic stroll afterwards. So many delicious meals and wonderful evenings. We were there for a month. Spent just the first 4 and last 2 nights in Paris. The rest of the time we had our own little Tour. The French do it right. This has been a nice trip down memory lane.  @KSM   Have you been to France? If so, what did you think? If not, you and Chloé should definitely go. Bien sûr!
I appreciate your honesty; +1 you could have said you were over there right now just whooping it up ;D  I have not been to France, my wife (Christina) is somewhat well traveled and has seen many lands and peoples.  My travels are Canada and the USA. That's enough for me.

..Chloe was a dancer (cough) stripper..  she's been dead for some time now.     :'( :-\ :-X

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2019, 10:20:19 PM »
I appreciate your honesty; +1 you could have said you were over there right now just whooping it up ;D  I have not been to France, my wife (Christina) is somewhat well traveled and has seen many lands and peoples.  My travels are Canada and the USA. That's enough for me.

..Chloe was a dancer (cough) stripper..  she's been dead for some time now.     :'( :-\ :-X

Sorry for my mistake @KSM . I know you mentioned Chloé once and your wife at times. My 2 + 2 did not come up to 4. So take your wife. Or your current favorite stripper. No judgment in France

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2019, 10:47:47 PM »

Unless the cows are protesting with the farmers about a pig factory. Allons y mes vaches. Dans la rue!

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2019, 04:59:48 PM »
Beef, it was for dinner.

JayGab

• KNYE
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2019, 12:05:15 AM »
What the fawk is a Cleveland Zackhouse? Worst cunt name ever.
Actual N-Word
Not A Paid Actor

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2019, 11:49:00 PM »
What the fawk is a Cleveland Zackhouse? Worst cunt name ever.
Grouchy guy from Cleveland.

Name is Zack.

Posting from a house.

JayGab

• KNYE
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2019, 11:41:05 PM »
Beef, it was for dinner.
Yeah in the shape of a cock. Cowcock.
Actual N-Word
Not A Paid Actor

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2019, 12:22:23 AM »
Awesome day in the Tour. Stage 19. After 3 days of 100° plus weather today's stage was cut short due to snow, hailstorm and mudslides. All hail the Tour!