Author Topic: The Spec Sheet  (Read 9348 times)

Metron

• Nursery Resident
  • KIDD
  • the propinquity of moving electrons
Re: The Spec Sheet
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2018, 07:34:06 AM »
Supposedly he was answering questions in the chat room after the show. To say that this was all handled badly would be an understatement. There was a minimum level of courtesy he could have shown the BG users, but he chose not to.

But you saw how PACKED the chat room was, so the desired effect was achieved. :o

Metron

• Nursery Resident
  • KIDD
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2018, 07:35:48 AM »

Can’t be any worse than those earsplitting evp sounds your cheap ass router inflicted on the guest hosts in October 2015.

Doh!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Metron

• Nursery Resident
  • KIDD
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2018, 07:37:55 AM »
I can't figure out whether you're white knighting for the other side or ... not.

Uh huh...

Gonoory

• Cuckshacker
  • KDWN
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2018, 07:41:58 AM »
Uh huh...

I don’t know enough about the other side to Trash them like I do our side

Azzerae

• Nursery Resident
  • KNYE
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2018, 07:45:14 AM »
I’m definitely on your side

Thanks

+1
not well-liked, but right

nxoeed

• KMST
    • @NXOEED
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2018, 09:37:57 AM »
That Spec Sheet show was shit.

For all the smack that MV talked over the past few months about Heather not addressing certain things on air - he did exactly the same thing...

He goes on his podcast with Curtis talking tech and appears to be completely disinterested in saying anything about BellGab and it being shut down (yeah not that he owes anyone an explanation) - I just thought it was ironic, and irritating to know how little of a shit he gave about any of it.

I finally got a chance to hear the show last night. I don't give a shit about phones, so most of it went in one ear and out the other.

Most of what he chose to say about Bellgab confirmed some of what I'd always suspected, which was that he didn't like doing it and didn't like the people there. But I didn't come away feeling unsatisfied with reasons he gave. He didn't like it and he didn't like us. So he quit. That's about as reasonable response as you can expect from a guy who doesn't want to have anything to do with you.

I also sympathized with some of what he said about the PMs and the people complaining about shit. The last time I checked my Bellgab messages, I had four unforgivably long PMs in a row from somebody who is probably insane, and my first thought was, "Fuck, if I respond to this, I'm probably stuck with this person for life". I could imagine getting a couple hundred of those and wanting to hang it all up.

So, I guess I'm satisfied.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2018, 10:50:25 AM »
... Most of what he chose to say about Bellgab confirmed some of what I'd always suspected, which was that he didn't like doing it and didn't like the people there. But I didn't come away feeling unsatisfied with reasons he gave. He didn't like it and he didn't like us. So he quit. That's about as reasonable response as you can expect from a guy who doesn't want to have anything to do with you.

I also sympathized with some of what he said about the PMs and the people complaining about shit. The last time I checked my Bellgab messages, I had four unforgivably long PMs in a row from somebody who is probably insane, and my first thought was, "Fuck, if I respond to this, I'm probably stuck with this person for life". I could imagine getting a couple hundred of those and wanting to hang it all up.

+1

I would add that if he hadn't decided to stop moderating the forum, perhaps the good posters he did like wouldn't have left, and some of the postings he didn't like wouldn't have been as common

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2018, 11:02:45 AM »
It was BELLgab. How could possibly end any way but badly?
Merry Christmas

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2018, 10:08:25 PM »
That Spec Sheet show was shit.

For all the smack that MV talked over the past few months about Heather not addressing certain things on air - he did exactly the same thing...

He goes on his podcast with Curtis talking tech and appears to be completely disinterested in saying anything about BellGab and it being shut down (yeah not that he owes anyone an explanation) - I just thought it was ironic, and irritating to know how little of a shit he gave about any of it.
Don't get me wrong, I want good karma as much as anyone else.  But, have you considered that anyone could call in and ask questions?  He answered nearly every question I asked him.  I'm not trying to be disagreeable - I was not present during the early part of the call, so for all I know you may have.  Dyna-X said he did make a comment that after 10 years, he just needed to move on.  Even though he acted distant, he did care enough to keep it running a long time.  If he needed to move on, then it's good that he did.  We don't know how much negativity Bellgab (reporting, defamation liability, trolls, etc..) put on him, either.  At the time he took it down, nearly every single thread was being polluted by MD and Metron forum-stalking me to continue fighting, MD was threatening to doxx a member (making MV potentially liable), and there were rumors of a defamation liability.  All that, after he just cleaned up Swishy and a couple other trolls.  I don't think he liked baby-sitting grown ups then.  Well, thanks for hearing me out.  Just my humble opinions.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2018, 11:02:57 PM »
I finally got a chance to hear the show last night. I don't give a shit about phones, so most of it went in one ear and out the other.

Most of what he chose to say about Bellgab confirmed some of what I'd always suspected, which was that he didn't like doing it and didn't like the people there. But I didn't come away feeling unsatisfied with reasons he gave. He didn't like it and he didn't like us. So he quit. That's about as reasonable response as you can expect from a guy who doesn't want to have anything to do with you.

Well put.  Are you saying he was getting long PMs?  When Bellgab went down, he told me he's got no problem receiving positive communications.  He put his email out there...

nxoeed

• KMST
    • @NXOEED
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2018, 08:18:13 AM »
Well put.  Are you saying he was getting long PMs?  When Bellgab went down, he told me he's got no problem receiving positive communications.  He put his email out there...

I don't know. I was assuming that was the case. There's never any reason a DM needs to be more than three or four short sentences. If I were running a board and getting hammered with paragraphs from paranoid tattletales who believe in Bigfoot and the healing power of magic holes in the ground, I'd probably pull the whole thing too.

Metron

• Nursery Resident
  • KIDD
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2018, 09:20:58 AM »
At the time he took it down, nearly every single thread was being polluted by MD and Metron forum-stalking me to continue fighting,

Wow.

You wade into the Trump thread, openly invite conflict, then play the poor widdle me card when you get some.

Are you the Lasha of Bellgrab?

Sumpin's fucked up in your head 14...

:(

StarrMountain

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2018, 02:05:25 PM »
Link for July 11, 2018, Spec Sheet PodCast.

http://ufoship.com/archive/spec_sheet_20180711.mp3

Azzerae

• Nursery Resident
  • KNYE
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2018, 02:46:28 AM »
Don't get me wrong, I want good karma as much as anyone else.  But, have you considered that anyone could call in and ask questions? He answered nearly every question I asked him. I'm not trying to be disagreeable - I was not present during the early part of the call, so for all I know you may have.  Dyna-X said he did make a comment that after 10 years, he just needed to move on. Even though he acted distant, he did care enough to keep it running a long time. If he needed to move on, then it's good that he did. We don't know how much negativity Bellgab (reporting, defamation liability, trolls, etc..) put on him, either. At the time he took it down, nearly every single thread was being polluted by MD and Metron forum-stalking me to continue fighting, MD was threatening to doxx a member (making MV potentially liable), and there were rumors of a defamation liability. All that, after he just cleaned up Swishy and a couple other trolls. I don't think he liked baby-sitting grown ups then.  Well, thanks for hearing me out. Just my humble opinions.

Certainly. Its just that I don't live in America, so if I were to have listened live it'd have been 3 o' clock in the morning my time. So its not like I could've participated anyway.

I'll use MV's old line, you know, the one about having a life, a family, and running a business. I get no joy out of staying up till the early hours of the morning to call in to the Spec Sheet.

The points you raise are all ones I appreciate, however. Thanks for taking the time to share them.
not well-liked, but right

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2018, 04:09:15 AM »
I don't know. I was assuming that was the case. There's never any reason a DM needs to be more than three or four short sentences. If I were running a board and getting hammered with paragraphs from paranoid tattletales who believe in Bigfoot and the healing power of magic holes in the ground, I'd probably pull the whole thing too.
Rofl