Author Topic: Storytime!  (Read 5619 times)

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
Re: Storytime!
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2019, 08:44:03 PM »
+1. Thanks for sharing this obituary.
I am going to borrow a few of the lines for different people in my family tree. I really loved--And for the record, he did not lose his battle with cancer. When he died, the cancer died, so technically it was a tie! :'(
See @Bart Ell , I am taking my stroll around EllGab.
I started reading @Rikki Gins 's comment. WOW WOW WOW. He never mentions his bathroom habits.
Oh man! What a great obit!!! Maybe @Astro Bitch could steal a few lines from this- remember to leave out the part where you were stuck writing it because you where the one to kill FIL in the end (don't worry, we all know he deserved it).
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2019, 09:04:01 PM »
(Americans have the reputation of being rude and angry.)
Americans do get a bad rap, yes. But I'll tell you this, being an Airbnb host I meet a lot of people from around the globe and I'd say about 25% minimum are from the US and do tend to represent very well! Some of the most delightful are from Seattle. That city breeds nice folks. Great conversationalists and Vera has loved all of them. So what's the deal with Seattle? Of all American guests we've had there is only one group/family that we wouldn't have back. But that can be said about my fellow Canadians. I wish some of them lived on my street and others I couldn't wait for them to leave.

Most recent guests were from Boston and they were fantastic. First Bostonians we've had. Almost said Bostonites.. but that would be eeeevil.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2019, 03:23:34 PM »
I was on the baseball team in High School.  We had a guy on the team who's ( see what I did there?   ;) ) last name started with P and was
vaguely similar to Mike Palmateer's name (The goaltender for the much hated Toronto Maple Leafs at the time).
I don't know why guys started calling him Palmateer (Palm-Ah-Tier) but they just did. 

What I do know is that whenever this guy would walk into the locker room, there would be like 12-15 guys wearing nothing but sanies and
jockstraps who would line up, point at their genitalia with both hands, shashay their hips and chant:

Jump on it! Jump on it!  Jump on it Palmateer

It sounded, well.  Hell.  It sounded kind of like this

Once again, I don't know how this started or why it was done really. He was just your typical good field, no-hit second baseman. 
He never showed any proclivity towards wanting to take 15 cranks to the face at once.   

Just one of those things, I guess....................................

Dancing queen

• Ellightened
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2019, 10:27:35 AM »
Nice thread!

It is and I will try to think up sumthing to add to it.

StarrMountain

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2019, 04:55:44 AM »
Years ago, I started leaving little memo cards with doodles saying "thank you! Have a good day" in cafes and restaurants I'd frequent as a way to practice the language. It was also a way to show my kindness as some are very nervous around foreigners. (Americans have the reputation of being rude and angry.) It's since become a bit of habit as a few people enjoyed them greatly, and I occasionally received notes back.

Yesterday, I left one with a bunny doodle where I ate lunch. (Well, late lunch as it was around 5pm...) A waitress I hadn't met before was clearing the table as I paid. She read it, turned to look at me and had the biggest smile. It was like a kid on Christmas. It made me happy to see someone else happy over a small thing. 😊

Random acts of Kindness have great power.  Especially when one does it anonymously.  ;)  :-* :-* :-*

Luv ya, Spookcat :-*

StarrMountain

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2019, 05:00:42 AM »

Bumped a Karma point, cuz yer me friend. ;)

Dancing queen

• Ellightened
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2019, 11:03:48 PM »
Random acts of Kindness have great power.  Especially when one does it anonymously.  ;)  :-* :-* :-*

Luv ya, Spookcat :-*

StarrMountain

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2019, 10:26:04 PM »
Random acts of kindness are very cool. :)
Especially in the face of deliberate acts of cruelty, from cyber bullies.  This story is still in progress.