Poll

This is a real scenario.  Regarding the salutation, "Have a nice day", GD believes

It is polite.
0 (0%)
It is too commanding.
0 (0%)
It is juvenile.
0 (0%)
No one actually means it.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 28, 2019, 01:49:27 AM

Author Topic: Living With Grandma's Daughter  (Read 25124 times)

Sofia

• Ellightened
Re: Living With Grandma's Daughter
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2018, 03:16:59 AM »
Today, according to GD, it is my fault the garage door opener has a sudden new, crackling short in it.  I had to be the one to cause it since I programmed a new (used) remote in October.

She doesn't want to call a repair technician.  I flipped the circuit breaker off for the night.  She won't like that.  She thinks the appliance is safe if she observes it after use, until its light goes off (and stops crackling, flashing, and shorting out other backlit buttons on the unit at the same time).

I'm scheduled to work both Saturday and Sunday short shifts so I won't be here to guard my cat if there is a fire.  There is no smoke alarm out there.  I pray she will go somewhere so I can haul the extra smoke alarm from the house out to the garage while she isn't looking.  It would make her mad.  My bedroom shares a wall with the garage.  I'll have to leave the cat at liberty then, while I work.  I'll wedge my bedroom door open hard and hide the baby gate so GD can't confine the cat in here.  Better the cat be free in the house.

I can't believe GD is willing to live with an active short, and keep the circuit on.  Earlier today, we had shut the circuit off.  She must have flipped it back.  I don't think I will garage the car anymore now.  If the car burned, I would never get what I paid for it just a few years ago.  It's old, but I've had a lot repaired plus it is low on miles (unless the sales rep rolled the thingy back, not sure).

For me and her insurance company, please pray she will re-think this safety issue.  She can afford repair.  I think the bulb might exceed the recommended wattage and could be burning the socket.  It's not the Genie recalled brand.  When it first was flashing off and on, it was a yellow light.  Half an hour later when GD was with me, the light was much whiter.  Not sure what that means.

I had meant to replace that light bulb for the last five months,.but I AM SO GLAD I DIDN'T.  The whole unit is a hazard.  The light bulb is not actually burned out all all.  It was shorting out.

It is odd the short is more active now.  We've had weird paranormal things this week, like things suddenly falling for no reason, and the kitchen waste basket flaps moved by themselves.  For about a week.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2018, 03:25:28 PM »
She didn't like the breaker flipped off.  But it has to be, because today the electrical short started even when the appliance was off.  Whoo boy.

Which she totally does not understand.  Does not consider having the circuit open a hazard.  Wow.  I told her what a short is, that it could start a fire.  She just got mean and sarcastic.  Said I broke it, even though the light shorted before I moved in!  Crazy.  And left the fire door remaining cracked open on the way in. Geeeeez. Just wow.

It will be imperative to put a smoke alarm out there, and to have someone home to respond to it.  Actually accomplishing that is going to be very difficult.

I wish I could alert a condo neighbor that we have a garage short.  But no matter who I tell, she would kill me.  There is a business adjacent to us that looks down on our roof.  I could say "a" condo has a garage short and not specify which one, so as to increase vigilance.  How nice to come to work to a random crazy note.  But, fast response could save a pet's life.  Smoke inhalation sucks - both the pet and I have asthma.

I once lived next to a cat that suffered horribly in their apartment fire and had to have her ear amputated.  She adjusted well afterward, a miracle.  She had been young.

GD has not arranged any holiday presents for the people she told me she exchanges with.  Just plays computer games a lot.  I hand wrote their Amazon wish lists for her, as she was interested, but did not share them yet.  Some items so generic that she really could pick them up anywhere.  When she was out grocery shopping one day, I texted her a couple simple ideas for affordable generic-type gifts her favorite son wants.  She had told me her budget and had asked for help with this.  But now she stone-walls it all.  To the point that I am afraid to show her the lists.  She explodes at the slightest mention of anything.  She says she hates Christmas.  I can understand hating the commercial aspects, but gift giving doesn't have to feel commercial.

Catholic guilt must really be something strong.  Her husband could have divorced her early, on grounds of emotional abandonment.  But the church doesn't tell confirmees that historical fact, and most confirmees don't read the Bible.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2018, 03:28:42 PM »
I want to get my car out of that garage.  I need it to not burn up by my work shift, or in case we have to evacuate.  How much nicer to evacuate with a vehicle, than to have to carry my cat and be at the mercy of others.

How to get the car out without her fighting about it.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2018, 12:45:51 AM »
Mission accomplished.  What a day.  First, the last two days my body felt like someone beat it with hammers.  Then I wake up today feeling mostly pain-free, but the day turned out to be a doozy in its inbetween moments.  First, I found out the garage circuit is hot, not just the appliance.  Then, GD forbid flipping the breaker to prevent fire.  Then the asthmatic cat panicked in her break-away collar because of poor design and wimpy front legs.  Finally GD left for a quick errand, giving me five minutes to get my car permanently out of the hazardous garage, walk back, get on a ladder and examine the extra indoor smoke alarm on the ceiling.  It turned out to be hard-wired.  It sounded off when I was on the ladder with my ears right by it. Then my blood sugar got so low I was shaky.  One bad thing about dieting.  But I was no longer on the ladder and was able to overcome it quickly.  Then some nerve in my tongue went crazy, but hardly bled.  I guess my teeth nicked it, but I didn't feel any bite.  I iced it and it did not escalate (Oral swelling has been an issue).  That was the last straw.  I felt like I ran from lions all day, inbetween job search and talking to my current employer, of course.

I layed down to surrender.  The glucose and snack kicked in.  Whew.  I woke up hearing GD on the phone telling my brand new sister-in-law that GD suspects I am developmentally delayed.  (Just as she disparages the new sister-in-law behind her back to me, claiming the woman is a drunk and slob).  Woah, holy cow.  She has told some whoppers but this is a new one.  I also overheard she just started taking Xanax.  And that she is paranoid because she thinks I've been disparaging her to neighbors!  This just gets better and better.  I finally opened my door and said, "I just want you to know I can hear every word you are saying!"

She was surprised I was home.  Oopsie on her part.  Yeah, oopsie.  Busted.  She was horrified in a submissive way for once.  I asserted that I am not developmentally disabled, although when blood glucose is low hypoglycemics like me are prone to make mistakes until blood sugar is corrected.  That is a normal part of hypoglycemia and disappears as soon as the patient recovers, duh.  I can't believe she called me developmentally disabled.  Save it for another day.  I prepare and administer narcotics, for God's sake.  I explain court documents to people with intellectual disabilities.  I report changes in condition of behavioral health patients!  Working in behavioral health has even included unusual tasks like confiscating pistols and being part of a successful sting!  Oh well, so GD speaks ill of everyone.  This isn't personal.  But it is damaging.  To everyone, not just me.

She was horrified that I overheard her, but I said I was glad we cleared that up.  We also cleared up her paranoia about me disparaging her.  I explained exactly what I have said about her and to whom, and she saw that her fears were based on a misunderstanding.  But, honestly, her rages speak for themselves.  It would not take my word to make her look bad.

I remained nice to her even though she acted guilty and ashamed.  I know what shame cycles are; she doesn't.  And I am glad we cleared up my intelligence and her paranoid fears.  Better to have it out in the open.  A good excuse to connect with new sister-in-law on LinkedIn so she can see the flipping master's degree for herself.  So that's done. 

I scraped together what turned out to be the exact amount for a smoke alarm, went and got the last affordable one in the store (Have you ever noticed they are always out of the cheap smoke alarms!).  I returned just as Noory had started his show.  And just for that moment, I felt normal.  It felt really good.  George Noory sucks, but it is all relative.  I mean relatives!

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2018, 10:49:42 AM »
I'm glad the smoke and fire alarm and light is in the garage.  I put the battery in during the wee hours last night while she slept, while holding it between mattresses, which totally buffers the sound.  So I don't know how loud it is.  It barely squeaked, but I think that was because it was inbetween mattresses.  I just didn't want to wake her up! Next time she leaves, I'll go test it.

a close-up brindle pitbull was loose on the property as well as where I walk twice Tuesday, with Animal Control just missing it both times. Just a stressful week.  In Seattle around 2011 and 2016, two separate victims nearly died from random pitbull attacks.  The lady lost her face (Her fiance runs a website about it) and the man required 90 stitches in his NECK.  He would have died if the attack had not happened on hospital property, as nurses worked hard to immediately stopped his bleeding.  They told me they had never seen blood hitting walls like that.  I assume he lived and that it did not get infected, but I don't really know.  I had previously asked my supervisor for better dog policies, but she didn't care at all, even told people she thought I hated dogs, lol.  After the attack she let me go, eliminated my position, while she accepted a new position as Director in a brand new department called Risk Management.  I really miss that job, but from my LinkedIN views, no one is there anymore, just huge staffing turnover.  Turnover seems to be very common, as I look back on employers.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2018, 11:16:29 PM »
I was gone from 9 to 4 for a job interview and to look for work using a real computer.  I barely had small snacks, and no real meal.  That's dangerous with my disease.  I got home cold, thirsty, tired and hungry. I limped from a blister.

I walked in with produce for a special occasion involving her.  She didn't want me to put the produce in the fridge because she wanted me to do things in a different order (I am certain she is secretly plagued by OCD).  She went on a tirade about it.  Then uncontrollable raging and unreasonable demands.  I understand what upset her and she had a point, but she was waging war over trivialities.  She as right that I communicated poorly at one point, but she knew my blood.sugar was low.  Everything I needed to do in about a 20 minute period got done fast, including changing my shoes, feeding my starving cat, eating, putting away produce, moving the car, and walking six condos back.  I even had time to re-bag the produce and GTFO. 

I re-bagged the produce as she stood with her arms folded, monitoring me like a cop.  I took it back to the grocery manager.  I explained there was fighting in the house, and that I couldn't use the kitchen. I asked if he would be able to hold the produce for me until Monday. He couldn't, but said he didn't mind if I returned it.

I'm sad because, in order to not be her doormat, I chose to forego making a vegetable platter that I was really looking forward to.  While I don't have much to give, food is the one thing I really can share up on special occasions, so I was looking forward to making a really nice vegetable platter with some roasted vegetables, too, like stuffed mushrooms. Colorful, with all textures.  Artichoke as well as the sweet red pepper tapenades were going to be dips.

Somehow my little individual Tangerine Talking Rain got lost in the shuffle.

I am sensing a huge pending holiday meltdown in GD which she will attempt to blame me for, so the less I'm in her kitchen, the better.

If it were just me and her, I would ice her all through Christmas.  She is Grinch, anyhow.  But there are other family members.  She WANTS to scapegoat me, to make me look like "the" problem in her life.  In order not to be scapegoated, I won't completely detach.  A fine line of giving her as little ammo as possible, but still being engaged.  Not very rewarding, no real intimacy.  But she doesn't know that.

Part of avoiding giving her ammo means not sharing anything with her, not items, not feelings, and not processes.  I don't even let her refill my coffee cup anymore, because the one time she did, she had a huge fit because I said "when".  Even though she herself says "when" all the time when I fill her cup!  It turned out she was angry that my saying "when" would have left dregs in the pot.  When will she admit she is plagued by OCD?  I have the argument on tape, which she consented to.

I wanted to explain I that I ration my creamer, but every time I start to respond, she always cuts me off.
When I moved here, my voice was normal, yet now it is always strained and hoarse.  Obviously, it is best to avoid her.

She drinks too much coffee, a whole pot a day.  Black.  She is too adrenalized, too aggressive.

My job nterview was horrid.  The interviewer wanted to see me with almost no lead time, admitting herself that it was pressured timing.  She said we should at least "meet", although getting hired would be a long shot because of the sheer number of qualified applicants interviewing.  I said fine, thinking at least I could  get in line for potential attrition hires next year.  I had unexpected really bad trouble with a foot, although I concealed it.  I was exactly a young five minutes late.  The interviewer was goofing off with a few employees.  Then, she saw me.  While I had accommodated her request for a very short notice interview, she was not accommodating.  Directly in front of an employee, she shamed me for being a few minutes late and cancelled the interview.  She didn't even introduce her name, or verify mine.  She said she would not waste her time on me.

Well, that is her perogative.  She got credit for interviewing me, since she had call a certain number of applicants in.  So, she did her duty and yet still got a free hour at work, on a Friday prior to a four day weekend.  I would not have liked working for her and the shift hours were bad, and I think she already knew who she planned to hire for this round, but it was nonetheless disappointing to have been late even on short notice, and to likely be excluded in the near future.  She did look very close to retirement, so there could be hope down the line.

I guess this balances out the time I sprained my foot and forgot about a job interview entirely but still got hired and stayed there ten years.  Win some, lose some.

When I accept pressured (last minute or inconvenient) appointments, it usually does not go well for me in the end.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2018, 03:36:31 PM »
She is in the holiday spirit of shopping and cleaning.  I hope the cooking doesn't overwhelm her.

I did care giving today.  Not my preferred title, but work is work.  As usual, the other care givers have been selfish.  The client has a care giver every day of the week.  Yet the place was just shy of filthy.  I would hate to see these people's own homes.  We are not maids, but we are supposed to be proactive.  Grime should not build up.  We are not allowed to deep clean, and we shouldn't need to, if we clean as we go.  There just shouldn't be hardened gobs of food stuck to salt and pepper containers, nor filthy floors.

Anyhow, it was a paid work out.  At least there was a cat.  I like cats.  The cat is part of the written care plan, so its digs were very clean.  Lucky cat.  But the client's home should be clean, too.  Clients should not have to specify wiping, sweeping, laundering and tidying because that part of our service is already included.  I cleaned a lot, but had to refrain from obsessing too much, because it's better to leave some smudges and crumbs so the other care givers don't hate me for raising the bar too fast.

Someday we all may have care givers.  I hope oversight increases.  Not just quarterly or random checks, but bi-monthly inspections.  Families can't do it all, and some do 't want to because they had bad childhoods.  But, the client is paying for service and someone needs to ensure they are getting their money's worth.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2018, 01:03:48 AM »
She nearly exploded after coming in the door.  The garage door is on the fritz, she lost a gift card and has no tissue paper for gift wrap.  And it was All.  My.  Fault.

On the bright side, my employer gave me a large differential for one of my shifts.  They upped my rate and called it "specialty service".  Wow.  THAT makes my day!  I remember the job.  I did my best.  The client was uncooprative.  Then I mistakenly left my purse behind there.  But I just did what I had to do and we t back.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2018, 03:28:25 PM »
Tried all the blog sites.  Seeing ads for them.  Checked out the "Top Ten list".  With tablets, no luck.  When others build sites, do they average 5wpm, bec that was my experience.  Experts say cancer is anger turned inward.  So, getting out stuff  (but not growing it) might prevent cancer.  Aries live for expression, too.  An unhappy Aries doesn't survive very well; We were engineered for positive motion.

I have a friend who bares all on Facebook.  No hiding behind any avatar or anything.  For employers and all to view, gads.  I do love her and support her, but I am not the non-avatar type!

It was a miracle I got to the Woo!  The charger broke at the last minute bec I stepped on the junction of the extension cord and the little transformer thing.  I used to be so careful.  I've noticed that in coping with GD, I am going to have to remember to save enough of myself to keep my own standards of living up.  I've never stepped on cord junctions before.  There is no acceptable reason to be so derelict, especially at my current resource level.  There are other chargers, but I moved here fast, and they are buried in one of many little boxes somewhere or were sacrificed in the move, due to kack of space.  But I do have a spare in the bug-out bag.  But, unless it's an emergency, better to leave emergency provisions alone.  Personally, I don't think it is acceptable to be without a few spare charges on hand.  Maybe I can check some boxes.  Wouldn't hurt to inventory a few boxes better.

GD offered to go back for another move trip.  And the mean people were gone on vacation.  But it was a long distance move through some very urban driving area in the hottest season with no A/C so I  didn't want to push our luck.  Or leave the cat alone in new digs the first day there.  I'm okay with it.  The weather and roads went our way.  It was a good move.  Everything vital was transported.

She doesn't want me here.  I spend all my time in the spare room.  I found a way to tilt the wide blinds so that focused daylight streams in, and moved my work area to the window.  Really happy with the changes and added vitamin D.  She doesn't know the wall heater broke, bec I switched to a (very safe) portable.  She will blame me for the heater breaking.  "Everything was fine before you moved here.  Now everything is broken!"

It's not true of course.  When I arrived, I repaired her towel rack, shower curtain rod, wall plate, the smoke alarms, a ballast, her cast iron surface (per request), toilet paper holder, one wall heater, her bedroom door, all hinges including garage door (by request), her holey wash cloth, the food steamer, the toilet seat, slanted burner elements, loose appliance handles, moulding, photo frames, portable table, produce drawer, got a broom, mop, vacuum, and rake, and eliminated ants from three rooms.  And been Cinderella indoors and out.  If I don't, then things build up to unmanageability, which doesn't work for me since the car crash injuries.  Better to keep things up while the tasks are easy.  When things overflow onto the ground, or dust bunnies grow, that is hard on my back and the cat.

My cat has a very small little gerbil nose.  She forgets she can breathe through her mouth.  If she were younger, I would train her, but she is older and has already had asthma-like trauma, so training her to breathe through her nose during stress could be too scary for her.  Even when I just tidied up around her nostrils as needed once or twice in her lifetime, she just panicked even though there is a huge amount of trust.  I don't blame her.  Her features are exceedingly small, and she has always had occasional respiratory fluke things.  She's the second cat I've had that will just Hoover the rug if she is hungry, so I keep it clear of dust bunnies and especially pieces of plastic or wrap, bec it sticks to her little sniffer, and she has no claws.to right it off (Someone declawed her before she ended up at the shelter after wandering streets.  I think her Hoovering scavenging behavior is from those young months she was forced to scavenge for food on the streets when she was young.  She couldn't hunt, being declawed.  After I adopted her, my old male cats used to bring her mice!  It was so sweet how they competed to impress the new girl!  Those were glory days.   And sometimes her nose ends up in carpet when she takes a corner or has a small landing from what little furniture she is tall enough to jump on.  They say cats land on the feet, but not this one.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2018, 05:19:15 AM »
The household made it through Christmas without another meltdown.  The taped tablet charger held up through the Wootacular.  The house cat got to show her stuff when visitors were here.  Somehow, I lost a day so I ended up under some last minute pressure.  Probably bec we don't have a calendar handy.  I've been afraid to put nail in any of GD's walls to hang a calendar, but I'm going to have to soon.  Scheduling mix-ups are not merry.

My Christmas experience was not warm or sentimental.  No hearth, no wreath, no baked sweets, no tchotchkes, no stocking, no cat presents, no "personal" presents, no photos.  I interfaced with 7 family members, yet no Christmas card was received from them.  My gifts were electronic.  I don't think my family meant to be cold.  I treated their gifts more personally, giving them little things they mentioned they wanted over the last year.  Today, I heard GD would like tv trays and those creepy re-usable soft vinyl food container covers, and Mother's Day is coming.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2018, 01:37:43 PM »
The holidays were a big deal:  Service for six one night and service for four the next.  Afterward, while she decompressed at a double-matinee, I vaccumed, swept, mopped, polished the coffee table, and cleaned everyone's fingerprints/footprints(?!) off the glass table.  I also emptied the vacuum and recyclables, as I always do.  I cleaned my side of the fridge and cleared freezer space.  And, had fun boxing, wrapping and tagging the last gifts for her.  It was the least I could do, since she wore herself out cooking for long shifts two days in a row and would not accept much help.

After briefly asking if she opened her last gifts, our conversation dwindled.  I started to retreat to my room bec I could tell she was tense and unhappy.  She blames her unhappiness on me.  I forgot the Cardinal Rule of not accessing the little linen closet during "business hours".  As I put away three hand towels, she challenged me, "What are you doing in the linen closet?"   I explained I put away three clean hand towels.  That wasn't good enough for her.  She challenged again, "They weren't in the washing machine yesterday".  I explained they had been in a pile of clean laundry in my room, which I had folded last night.  She knew my room was a little backed up on chores because of a last-minute, time-consuming misunderstanding during preparations.  Sheesh.  I rarely access the linens.at all, keeping many of my own linens in my room.  But this week, after guests used towels, of course I washed some from my guest bathroom!

Her mood brightened after I showed her that I vacuumed the entire place last night, and polished the tables.

And cleaned my room.  Thank God.  Like the flight attendants say, my own "oxygen mask" does need to come first!

She has her home to herself from 6AM to 11AM or later most days.  Very long, quiet, solitary mornings, just like she loves.  And I keep it very clean and always detailed.  It has dawned on me that I probably could be enjoying this rent-paying Cinderella thing even for the least of men instead of her, and have more fun than doing it.  But, rather than go out and domestically exploit myself, I have remained reserved, loyal to my boyfriend, even though he and I have not been able to resolve some very important values clashes.  The most recent one starting with my quip "Don't bore me" and ending with my suggestion, "There are many other male professionals,  if yours does not seem effective."

Getting a little older, I am able to quickly identify immediate psycho-connections between individuals, their worser parent, and the life partner they choose.  Daughters of mamma's-boy marrying mamma's boys.  Daughters of alcoholics marrying alcoholics.  Mamma's boys marrying for attention/approval instead of love.  Daddy's girls marrying achievers they can manipulate.  Glad-handlers' daughters marrying attention-seeking men.

In my family, as far as dysfunctional family roles, I started out "The Hero" for decades.  That was great.  But after getting out on my own, their first-born son who had been "The Lost Child" primarily usurped "The Hero" role, as he stayed closer to home.  Family has been stubbornly trying shove me into a much worse role, for a very long time.  But I remember the lime light and am loathe to entirely give it up. 

I know my parents' shadow sides and won't marry those traits.  Both parents were disloyal, superficial, unavailable, judgmental, callous, unpleasant saboteurs.  Dad was unprotective, vindictive, manipulative, and a deceitful, household thief.  Mom was paranoid, depressed, and volatile myopic.  Those are a lot of traits to watch out for.

I need someone who maintains the following traits even under adversity:  Loyal, authentic, present, understanding, gentle, pleasant and supportive.  Protective, fair, straightforward, and honest.  Secure, hopeful, stable and broad-minded.  Sounds like a nurse.  Well, male nurses VERY sexy!  In years past, in my own mind, I considered my bf to be like a great nurse.  But, then bad behaviors surfaced for a long time.

...Disloyalty about alcoholism, callously mentioning other women's sexual attractiveness superficially right in front of me, & therefore basically becoming unavailable, by my standards.  He was vindictive a few times, regarding flirting with other women.  He sounded paranoid, asking me if I was an enemy (just bec I have needs?  What?).  He has sounded depressed.  I believe he has gotten myopic.  Lovely.  Little dysfunctional family patterns all over.

The thing is, in these cases, the problem is usually the dynamic, not the people.  For instance, my dad's second wife made quick work of some of my dad's lesser traits.  So, "he" was not the issue.  Behavior was the issue.  If I just had a magic wand.  I pray frequently for help in this area. 

Since she really wants me out of here, it would behoove her not to waste time on dramatic, dysfunctional family conflicts and spend more time actually telling people I am seeking work, referring me to house clean friends' homes meanwhile, sending me job referrals (She sees them), complimenting me on LinkedIn for skills she is aware of, like conversational Spanish.  And not hogging the kitchen sprawled all over the galley countertop in front of the normal utensil drawer and microwave, on a stool with a blanket over her, and her bare feet on an open drawer foot rest WHEN I AM QUICKLY EATING BREAKFAST, SACKING A LUNCH, FEEDING THE CAT AND GETTING OUT THE DOOR TO WORK OR AN INTERVIEW AFTER SHE HAS HAD THE WHOLE HOUSE TO HERSELF ALL MORNING LONG!  I prep as much as possible at night so  meals are only a matter of rehapeating, yet nonetheless she is a huge hindrance.  Sometimes she packs up and makes way; other times she doesn't.  Sink and drainer full of dishes, pots and pans in the fridge instead of serveware. Often, she decides to cook after hours alone, exactly at the time she knows I'll need a burner!  Unbelievable.  "Beyond Belief".

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2018, 01:40:09 PM »
Would have made a good copy editor.  But that never happened.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2018, 12:20:35 AM »
I've been working.  Not enough, but my shifts are growing.  I received a bonus for good work.  Anyhow, GD was on the phone yesterday morning bemoaning to a lady friend that I don't work.  (Not sure how she thinks I pay my rent, but whatev.)

Well, I could not believe my ears.  The timing was perfect!  I walked over to her and said plenty loud enough, "Bye, I am going to work.  I'll see you after my shift.  I felt really grateful for the timing,and I heard her eat crow to her friend on the phone.  A little triumph over slander.

I don't know why she slanders me.  Depending on her mood over the years, she has spread numerous vastly different false stories about me.  I don't know why she makes up lies bec the real stories are just as interesting (alcoholism, lesbianism, living in a flood zone, being down-sized, etc...) One would think she would talk my skills up, or at least spread the word among her friends that I am available for house cleaning.  But no, she would rather make me sound bad.  But it is her own world she screws when she does that, bec the fastest way out of here would be via a great word-of-mouth job.

That was Wednesday morning.  Wednesday night, I came home.  At the time, I didn't know she had been drinking hard liquor.  She was belligerent, blaming me bec our garage door goes up when the neighbor leaves.  "It has to be" my fault bec it never happened before I moved in.  But she doesn't want me to re-program it bec she thinks I screwed it up once already!  Absurd.  I've considered re-programming it on the sly, but the machine has had a recent electrical short in it and I refuse to touch the main unit, even with a broomstick.  Maybe the neighbor will re-program his.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2018, 01:01:44 AM »
This is the best thread ever! You're just a babbling brook of God knows what. I actually broke my mouse wheel scrolling down one of your latest.. I wish this thread was a sticky. Serious as a heart attack, I do.  I love you!

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2018, 10:19:07 AM »
This is the best thread ever! You're just a babbling brook of God knows what. I actually broke my mouse wheel scrolling down one of your latest.. I wish this thread was a sticky. Serious as a heart attack, I do.  I love you!
I'm sure your, uh, "mouse wheel" has seen sprains before! 

Found a spare charger, yay!

Blog sites might work with my new device.  At some point.  Things move pretty slowly here, except for an occasional fast flash.