Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM With Richard Syrett  (Read 10823 times)

Uncle Duke

• Drone Pilot
Re: Coast to Coast AM With Richard Syrett
« Reply #150 on: March 09, 2024, 05:24:43 PM »
Oliver Stone and some other character were first segment guests last night discussing the JFK assassination.  Between the two of them, Syrett had a difficult time getting a word in edge wise.  With less than five minutes left in the first hour, Syett started to ask a question but was cut off (again) by Stone.  Stone told Syrett since he had to leave shortly, he had a couple points to make before the next commercial break.  He then told Syrett C2C commercials seem to take forever, and when he was on C2C years ago, there was real dialogue then. Syrett let it go, didn't say a word. When Stone signed off at the end of the first hour, with a condescending laugh he wished his colleague good luck in the second hour.

Stone is and always has been an ass.  He, and to a lesser extent the other guy, dominated the conversation to the point Syrett was more listener than host. Much of their spiel was hawking a re-release of Stone's JFK movie and a documentary they made. I'd have loved to have heard Syrett tell Stone to fuck off, dropped the other guy in hour two and gone to open lines an hour early.  Neither Bell nor Punnett would have let Stone and his butt-buddy get away with that.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #151 on: March 09, 2024, 06:58:47 PM »
Hahaha. It was the first time in a long time that I had actually played the show on sleep timer and went to sleep with it. Both of my cell phones were needing of a charge and streaming an old art shell didn't seem practical 
Eh, nevermind...

Smokin Hot Bob

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #152 on: March 22, 2024, 11:12:07 PM »
Cool bumper from RS.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #153 on: March 22, 2024, 11:43:40 PM »
The Loudon Wainwright tune sounds a lot like dust in the wind...
Eh, nevermind...

Uncle Duke

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #154 on: March 23, 2024, 12:26:42 PM »
Another fine selection of open line calls.  The first was from the old gal who, a few months back, offered to give Corny a bath due to his disabilities.  She mentioned someone had suggested her offer had sexual overtones, but pointed out she was 80 years old and doubted she was up to "putting a smile on (Corny's) face."  Syrett cut her off and told her to keep her comments "above the belt."

The next guy told Richard about how, thanks to Scientology and Dianetic counseling, he discovered he and his wife had first met when they were killed when the flying saucer they were on had been hit by a meteor.

Later, a caller told Syrett about a dream he'd had where he'd met an old guy "in any ugly suit" and his father in Heaven.  When he woke up, he had multiple calls/texts that his father had died.  When going through family photos while preparing for the funeral, he found a photo of the guy in the ugly suit....his great grandfather.

Best call of the night was a from a semi regular, a redneck who launched into an anti-Catholic rant.  He told us the Marian apparitions in Medjugorje were not the BVM, but "Satan in drag."

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #155 on: March 23, 2024, 02:39:51 PM »
Sounds like there is life out there after all. Tommee and George are burying it.
Merry Christmas

Jayzelady

• Ellevated
  • Look out, choc bunny. Your ears will soon be mine!
« Reply #156 on: March 24, 2024, 08:09:20 PM »
Another fine selection of open line calls.  The first was from the old gal who, a few months back, offered to give Corny a bath due to his disabilities.  She mentioned someone had suggested her offer had sexual overtones, but pointed out she was 80 years old and doubted she was up to "putting a smile on (Corny's) face."  Syrett cut her off and told her to keep her comments "above the belt."

The next guy told Richard about how, thanks to Scientology and Dianetic counseling, he discovered he and his wife had first met when they were killed when the flying saucer they were on had been hit by a meteor.

Later, a caller told Syrett about a dream he'd had where he'd met an old guy "in any ugly suit" and his father in Heaven.  When he woke up, he had multiple calls/texts that his father had died.  When going through family photos while preparing for the funeral, he found a photo of the guy in the ugly suit....his great grandfather.

Best call of the night was a from a semi regular, a redneck who launched into an anti-Catholic rant.  He told us the Marian apparitions in Medjugorje were not the BVM, but "Satan in drag."

This was indeed some of the best open lines callers they’ve had on C2C lately. Richard Syrett did a great job tending the loonies.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #157 on: March 24, 2024, 09:26:51 PM »
minus some of the clown fest of guests, I think I have to favor Richard over everybody else now. George Knapp has become a broken record...
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #158 on: March 24, 2024, 11:11:47 PM »
minus some of the clown fest of guests, I think I have to favor Richard over everybody else now. George Knapp has become a broken record...

None of the above.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #159 on: March 24, 2024, 11:47:09 PM »
None of the above.

Don't tell me you prefer Grandpa Dave Schrader...
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #160 on: March 25, 2024, 06:46:00 AM »
Don't tell me you prefer Grandpa Dave Schrader...

Is he still around?

I haven't listened to any of these people since Heater stopped broadcasting, and even that was for spectacle.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #161 on: March 25, 2024, 08:22:41 AM »
Is he still around?

I haven't listened to any of these people since Heater stopped broadcasting, and even that was for spectacle.

His voice is changed if my memory serves me correct, but Dave was a guest on C2C a few nights ago plugging his new book. 
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #162 on: March 25, 2024, 09:29:43 AM »
His voice is changed if my memory serves me correct, but Dave was a guest on C2C a few nights ago plugging his new book.

That should be a top seller.