Author Topic: 4th Anniversary FUNDRAISER - West Star Ranch  (Read 588 times)

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
4th Anniversary FUNDRAISER - West Star Ranch
« on: June 30, 2022, 03:08:48 PM »
The ELLGAB tradition of giving continues! We will be donating 100% of our July - September revenue to West Star Ranch in Pahrump, Nevada.

You can make your own donation directly by visiting this link

Thanks to @Dancing queen for recommending them.

West Star Ranch was started in 1995 by Elsie Dougherty. Her love of animals led to the start of this ever-growing Animal Rescue. With her inability to turn away anyone who showed up with an animal and a sad story, Elsie took in anything from kittens, puppies, old dogs/cats, pigs and even emu’s! Elsie became a character everyone knew and loved, with her notorious floppy cowboy hats,  love of bingo and contagious smile. In 2002 WestStar became a 501 C3 non-profit, and to help feed the growing animal intake a Thrift Store was established on the property.

Sadly in 2008 Elsie passed away,  but her son Terry Dougherty(Owner/President) wanted to carry on her life’s work and dying wishes. Along with Eileen Hampsey (Director/Caretaker), Carolyn Lind (Treasurer) and a number of volunteers the Ranch has survived and has grown to what it is today.

We now house 32 dogs and 60 plus cats, but this fluctuates on a weekly basis, as people drop off, turn in, or just abandon their animals here. We are a no-kill facility, so these animals live their lives out with us unless we find them homes.

JUAN

• Ellevated
Re: 4th Anniversary FUNDRAISER - West Star Ranch
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2022, 03:18:24 PM »
Good idea.
I wonder if Terry was left on the porch.
Merry Christmas

Dancing queen

• Ellightened
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2022, 04:34:17 PM »
Thank you for supporting West Star Ranch.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2022, 05:27:50 PM »
I'm in.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2022, 11:09:48 PM »
Sounds like a great charity. Especially for a fourth anniversary.  Special thanks to @Dancing queen and the always lovely @Bart Ell
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville