Author Topic: Dreams  (Read 19329 times)

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Ben Chapman
Re: Dreams
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2020, 09:19:05 PM »
I dreamt that I was working for the Clintons.  You know, Bill and Hillary.  I get the idea I was some kind of servant or something.  I don't know what kind of schedule I was keeping.  Apparently, I could sleep whenever I wanted to because I was small talking with Bill one second, and then climbing on top of a big flat table to catch some zzzz's the next.  I wasn't on the table alone for long though.  Hillary crawled up onto it and snuggled up to me.  I was surprised, especially with Bill being in the room, but he didn't seem to mind.  He was happily talking away on a telephone.  I was pleased because I have always had a crush on Hillary.  I was afraid to move though.  I thought that if I made any kind of movement it would break the spell, so to speak. 

Right then Bill called me over.  He said that he had an important mission for me.  They were going to have a big gourmet hotdog dinner later that night and I was to locate at least five different styles of pickle relish.  So I said "Sure thing." and headed out the door.

I shouldn't have spoken so confidently because it wasn't all that easy to locate five different styles of pickle relish.  I visited several stores and wasn't able to find a single container of the stuff. 

Finally, I went into a mega big grocery store.  Surely I would have better luck there.  This was one highbrow store.  There was a full fledged marching band standing in one of the aisles.  A cheerleader, dressed in white, stood before the band members, whistle in mouth, ready to signal them to march.

Like any store, this place was broken up into different sections.  I walked into a cake section and sure enough, there were people sitting at tables, eating cake.  No relish there, of course.

I entered a full fledged restaurant inside the store and spotted a large jar of relish sitting in an area where cooks were busily frying up hamburgers and steaks.  No, still not the place where I could find the types of relish I was looking for. 

I asked a full sized tiger where the condiments section was.  (The place was like Disneyland with people dressed up like cartoon characters.)  This particular tiger was standing up like a person and it walked me over to some bottles of ketchup and mustard.  And relish!  Only two kinds, though.  Sweet pickle relish and dill relish.  Well, I thought to myself, times are hard and the Clintons will just have to make do with two types of pickle relish.

I looked across the store and spotted a big jackrabbit.  It was about two or three times the size of a person.  It looked around and did a quick, ninety degree turn without crashing into the stocked shelves.  I pictured the person inside of the rabbit suit, pulling all manners of ropes and levers.  "Talented."  I remember thinking to myself.         

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2020, 10:23:49 PM »
I dreamt that I was working for the Clintons.  You know, Bill and Hillary.  I get the idea I was some kind of servant or something.  I don't know what kind of schedule I was keeping.  Apparently, I could sleep whenever I wanted to because I was small talking with Bill one second, and then climbing on top of a big flat table to catch some zzzz's the next.  I wasn't on the table alone for long though.  Hillary crawled up onto it and snuggled up to me.  I was surprised, especially with Bill being in the room, but he didn't seem to mind.  He was happily talking away on a telephone.  I was pleased because I have always had a crush on Hillary.  I was afraid to move though.  I thought that if I made any kind of movement it would break the spell, so to speak. 

Right then Bill called me over.  He said that he had an important mission for me.  They were going to have a big gourmet hotdog dinner later that night and I was to locate at least five different styles of pickle relish.  So I said "Sure thing." and headed out the door.

I shouldn't have spoken so confidently because it wasn't all that easy to locate five different styles of pickle relish.  I visited several stores and wasn't able to find a single container of the stuff. 

Finally, I went into a mega big grocery store.  Surely I would have better luck there.  This was one highbrow store.  There was a full fledged marching band standing in one of the aisles.  A cheerleader, dressed in white, stood before the band members, whistle in mouth, ready to signal them to march.

Like any store, this place was broken up into different sections.  I walked into a cake section and sure enough, there were people sitting at tables, eating cake.  No relish there, of course.

I entered a full fledged restaurant inside the store and spotted a large jar of relish sitting in an area where cooks were busily frying up hamburgers and steaks.  No, still not the place where I could find the types of relish I was looking for. 

I asked a full sized tiger where the condiments section was.  (The place was like Disneyland with people dressed up like cartoon characters.)  This particular tiger was standing up like a person and it walked me over to some bottles of ketchup and mustard.  And relish!  Only two kinds, though.  Sweet pickle relish and dill relish.  Well, I thought to myself, times are hard and the Clintons will just have to make do with two types of pickle relish.

I looked across the store and spotted a big jackrabbit.  It was about two or three times the size of a person.  It looked around and did a quick, ninety degree turn without crashing into the stocked shelves.  I pictured the person inside of the rabbit suit, pulling all manners of ropes and levers.  "Talented."  I remember thinking to myself.         
This is amazing!
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Ben Chapman
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2020, 08:26:41 PM »
I dreamt that I was having a full fledged party in my living room.  Friends and strangers alike were gleefully consuming drinks and eats and talking and laughing with each other.  Then I remembered, people weren't supposed to be gathering together, so I stepped outside to avoid the crowd.  It was a bright, sunny day out there.  I walked down onto my front lawn and looked up at the sky.  I saw two big humpback whales up there.  They were as high as the clouds and they weren't flying either.  They were swimming.  From my perspective, it looked as though they were swimming circles around the sun. 

But how did I know that they were swimming and not flying?  Because some ancient god silently whispered some historical information into my dream mind.  Apparently, when living creatures first began to appear on the earth, the atmosphere was thicker, like seawater, so naturally the whales would be swimming around up there.  But as time went by, the seawater atmosphere began to burn away and after millions of years, the level of the seawater atmosphere went down until all that remains of it today are the oceans of the world.  And the whales went down with it. 

I guess I was seeing things as they were, all those millions of years ago.         

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2020, 09:39:48 PM »
I dreamt that I was having a full fledged party in my living room.  Friends and strangers alike were gleefully consuming drinks and eats and talking and laughing with each other.  Then I remembered, people weren't supposed to be gathering together, so I stepped outside to avoid the crowd.  It was a bright, sunny day out there.  I walked down onto my front lawn and looked up at the sky.  I saw two big humpback whales up there.  They were as high as the clouds and they weren't flying either.  They were swimming.  From my perspective, it looked as though they were swimming circles around the sun. 

But how did I know that they were swimming and not flying?  Because some ancient god silently whispered some historical information into my dream mind.  Apparently, when living creatures first began to appear on the earth, the atmosphere was thicker, like seawater, so naturally the whales would be swimming around up there.  But as time went by, the seawater atmosphere began to burn away and after millions of years, the level of the seawater atmosphere went down until all that remains of it today are the oceans of the world.  And the whales went down with it. 

I guess I was seeing things as they were, all those millions of years ago.         

Did it feel fun?

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Ben Chapman
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2020, 10:57:16 PM »
Did it feel fun?

Yes, very fun.  And I felt like I learned something.   

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Ben Chapman
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2020, 01:17:22 PM »
It's been awhile, but I finally had another dream in which I was able to visit my favorite town, Monroe, Oregon.  It was dark, and I was casually leaning up against a light pole.  I was standing in front of where my grandfather's poolhall used to be.  I felt kind of blue because the distinct, wooden poolhall building was no longer there.  In it's place, a more modern building stood and judging by the sign, it was now a second hand, odds and ends type of store.

It was around 7:30 pm and yet there was still an open sign on the door so I stepped inside.  A man, possibly the owner, approached me and he had a rather surprised look on his face.  Behind him, in a back room, I spotted a lady who was nervously buttoning up the top two buttons of her blouse.

"Pardon me,"  I told the man, "If it's too late, I can go."

"Oh no, no,"  He assured me.  "It's not anywhere near closing time.  Please, feel free to look around."

So I did as the man suggested.  I walked up and down the aisles looking at stuff.  Some other people entered the store as I did my browsing.  There really wasn't anything that caught my attention until I came across an old photograph.  I picked it up and noticed something strange about it.  "I've got to have this," I remember thinking to myself. 

I walked up the man and handed him the picture.  "I'd like to buy that."  I said.  "It's a pretty rare photo though.  "I doubt I've got enough money to purchase it."

The owner, or clerk, or whoever he was, glanced at the photograph and, willing to bargain with me, said "Yes, well, it is rather unusual, but it's not in very good shape."

It was an old, black and white studio photograph and it showed a long ago man, woman and child and they looked like pioneers.  The photograph was in perfect three-D. 

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2020, 01:42:08 PM »
It's been awhile, but I finally had another dream in which I was able to visit my favorite town, Monroe, Oregon.  It was dark, and I was casually leaning up against a light pole.  I was standing in front of where my grandfather's poolhall used to be.  I felt kind of blue because the distinct, wooden poolhall building was no longer there.  In it's place, a more modern building stood and judging by the sign, it was now a second hand, odds and ends type of store.

It was around 7:30 pm and yet there was still an open sign on the door so I stepped inside.  A man, possibly the owner, approached me and he had a rather surprised look on his face.  Behind him, in a back room, I spotted a lady who was nervously buttoning up the top two buttons of her blouse.

"Pardon me,"  I told the man, "If it's too late, I can go."

"Oh no, no,"  He assured me.  "It's not anywhere near closing time.  Please, feel free to look around."

So I did as the man suggested.  I walked up and down the aisles looking at stuff.  Some other people entered the store as I did my browsing.  There really wasn't anything that caught my attention until I came across an old photograph.  I picked it up and noticed something strange about it.  "I've got to have this," I remember thinking to myself. 

I walked up the man and handed him the picture.  "I'd like to buy that."  I said.  "It's a pretty rare photo though.  "I doubt I've got enough money to purchase it."

The owner, or clerk, or whoever he was, glanced at the photograph and, willing to bargain with me, said "Yes, well, it is rather unusual, but it's not in very good shape."

It was an old, black and white studio photograph and it showed a long ago man, woman and child and they looked like pioneers.  The photograph was in perfect three-D.

OH I was reading quickly and read that as prisoners.
For the post...Like!

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Ben Chapman
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2020, 03:24:23 PM »
OH I was reading quickly and read that as prisoners.
For the post...Like!

Ha, prisoners would have made for a more interesting dream.  They were all dressed in black, (probably because it was a black and white pic.) like clothes people wore way back when.  Not really sure if they were pioneers or not.  That was just a word that popped into my mind while I was describing the dream.  But the three-D effect was great.  It felt like I was looking right into someone's living room.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2020, 03:38:40 PM »
Ha, prisoners would have made for a more interesting dream.  They were all dressed in black, (probably because it was a black and white pic.) like clothes people wore way back when.  Not really sure if they were pioneers or not.  That was just a word that popped into my mind while I was describing the dream.  But the three-D effect was great.  It felt like I was looking right into someone's living room.

It would be great to find the photo.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2020, 03:29:15 AM »
Kodak Azo paper prints developed in amidol got that 3D look.
Merry Christmas

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Ben Chapman
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2020, 03:16:02 PM »
I dreamt that I went to a bar called The Hammer.  I ordered three pitchers of beer and had them brought to my table.  I filled up a big glassful of the stuff and hoisted a toast to the bald headed bartender who had served me.  I drank the beer down in one fell swoop.  Then I toasted the other customers who were pale and indistinct, like ghosts.  "Nice social distancing," I thought to myself.  Another big glassful, down the hatch. 

I looked up at a soundless television set up high in the corner of the establishment.  A mattress commercial was playing. It showed a man and woman making love on a mattress.  Just the mattress, no bed and they were in the middle of a barren, sandy desert.  Then the scene shifted to the pair making love in the middle of a busy street.  A big truck went across the screen and when it had passed, the man and woman were under water.  Still on the mattress and still making love.  The words Fall In Love were superimposed upon the screen as the commercial came to an end.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Ben Chapman
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2020, 01:51:01 PM »
I was sitting backstage, waiting to be interviewed about what it was like to be a monitor.  I knew that I had been in the news of late, especially since I had been given the assignment of vanquishing the Covid virus.  I had hoped that I was in the Fox studio so that I could be interviewed by that beautiful woman that sits between Steve and Bryan, but no, in walked Dan Rather.  He looked kind of young.  He had jet black hair and it was shiny with hair oil.  He greeted me and I stood up to shake his hand.  I was wearing a pull over shirt with no buttons and as my right hand came up it slipped inside the shirt so that I was offering Dan a handful of shirt to shake.  He was tickled by my shirt-shake and noted that he had never before been offered such a handshake.  He waited for my hand to get free and then we shook hands.  He said something about the interview and how he'd be asking me how I was going to defeat the virus, but we didn't do the interview because I woke up.   

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Ben Chapman
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2020, 07:25:54 PM »
  I was in a dark house, pushing a push broom across a wooden floor.  I was doing a pretty good for awhile but then I started seeing some wet spots appear.  I pushed the broom some more and could see that there was definitely something wet on the floor.  I took a closer look and saw that it was blood.  I swept some more and turned up some fingers and toes.  I looked across the room and saw the dim shape of a body.  This isn't good, I thought to myself.  I went to the front door to look outside.  It was plenty dark out there but I could see a lit room in a house across the street.  Policemen were in there searching for something.  As I watched, some of the police were crossing the street, headed my way.  I stepped back inside and looked at the floor and my blood stained broom.  Now what? I wondered. 
  I heard some shouting outside and walked back to the front door.  The policemen were shouting at me, but I couldn't understand what they were saying.  I saw a light switch to the left and flicked it but the porch light wouldn't come on.  I tried one to the right and it didn't work either.  The policemen were shouting louder and I had a thought that they were thinking that I was reaching for a weapon so I raised my arms and fell to my knees.
  "Huuugah maranaguhhh!" they shouted meaninglessly.  "It's OK, I'm not a threat!" I shouted to them.  "Whhhafumudoowah gretch!"  they shouted back.  They drew closer with their guns aimed at me.
  This just isn't working, I thought to myself.  All I could think to do was point at my ears and then a give a palms up signal.  Thankfully, a policeman spoke and he made sense.  "Are you hard of hearing?" he asked.  I nodded yes.  He walked inside, took a look at all the carnage and then walked back out.  "He's been here," he told his fellow officers.  "But he's not here now.  Probably in another house."
  I was very happy to hear him say that.  I walked into the house and looked around for my coat.  I wanted to join them in the hunt.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2020, 07:56:44 PM »
I dreamt that I was working for the Clintons.  You know, Bill and Hillary... 

I was pleased because I have always had a crush on Hillary....

Right then Bill called me over.  He said that he had an important mission for me....

I looked across the store and spotted a big jackrabbit.  It was about two or three times the size of a person...     

Terrifying.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2020, 08:04:22 PM »
  I was in a dark house, pushing a push broom across a wooden floor.  I was doing a pretty good for awhile but then I started seeing some wet spots appear.  I pushed the broom some more and could see that there was definitely something wet on the floor.  I took a closer look and saw that it was blood.  I swept some more and turned up some fingers and toes.  I looked across the room and saw the dim shape of a body.  This isn't good, I thought to myself.  I went to the front door to look outside.  It was plenty dark out there but I could see a lit room in a house across the street.  Policemen were in there searching for something.  As I watched, some of the police were crossing the street, headed my way.  I stepped back inside and looked at the floor and my blood stained broom.  Now what? I wondered. 
  I heard some shouting outside and walked back to the front door.  The policemen were shouting at me, but I couldn't understand what they were saying.  I saw a light switch to the left and flicked it but the porch light wouldn't come on.  I tried one to the right and it didn't work either.  The policemen were shouting louder and I had a thought that they were thinking that I was reaching for a weapon so I raised my arms and fell to my knees.
  "Huuugah maranaguhhh!" they shouted meaninglessly.  "It's OK, I'm not a threat!" I shouted to them.  "Whhhafumudoowah gretch!"  they shouted back.  They drew closer with their guns aimed at me.
  This just isn't working, I thought to myself.  All I could think to do was point at my ears and then a give a palms up signal.  Thankfully, a policeman spoke and he made sense.  "Are you hard of hearing?" he asked.  I nodded yes.  He walked inside, took a look at all the carnage and then walked back out.  "He's been here," he told his fellow officers.  "But he's not here now.  Probably in another house."
  I was very happy to hear him say that.  I walked into the house and looked around for my coat.  I wanted to join them in the hunt.

Huuugah maranaguhhh!