Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 274751 times)

anniem

• Ellevated
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #675 on: April 12, 2019, 03:43:20 PM »
Sound like you have a good plan. Still sorry to know that you have a bad foot/ankle. Please do not take any advise from @CptCrisp  regarding a bad foot/ankle. :o

Well he has a peg leg, no? Egads! You had a foot thing as I recall, are you all healed up?

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #676 on: April 12, 2019, 04:46:54 PM »
Small ear canals are a sign of great intelligence.
I didn't hear that anywhere, but I am certain it is true true true!
I did not know you had thoughts about blue tooth. Blue teeth?

I know!!

Maybe you didn’t hear it anywhere because you have small ear canals.
Are we having fun yet?

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #677 on: April 12, 2019, 06:21:20 PM »
Maybe you didn’t hear it anywhere because you have small ear canals.

What?

;D

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #678 on: April 12, 2019, 06:25:42 PM »
MRI came back... nothing terrible...

Well, that's the main thing, I'm glad to hear that.

I've had gout (which is a form of arthritis) since my 20s, when I feel it coming on a couple of glasses of cherry juice clears it right up (along with a couple ibuprofen to get rid of the related swelling).  Some people say 'tart' cherry juice, but any kind words for me.  Less pleasant is apple cider vinegar, but that also helps quite a bit.  If you haven't already tried them, you may want to.

Ghost BEP

• Ghosted
  • Ellightened
  • It’s my Woo Show and Jim can cry if he wants to.
« Reply #679 on: April 12, 2019, 06:29:09 PM »

I've had gout (which is a form of arthritis) since my 20s, when I feel it coming on a couple of glasses of cherry juice clears it right up (along with a couple ibuprofen to get rid of the related swelling).  Some people say 'tart' cherry juice, but any kind words for me.  Less pleasant is apple cider vinegar, but that also helps quite a bit.  If you haven't already tried them, you may want to.

Ive got a friend across the street that has been complaining about a gout flare up. I’ll have to pass along that info to her.
Be wary of phony kleptos with bovine spongiform encephalopathy.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #680 on: April 12, 2019, 06:42:27 PM »
Cherry juice!  Have not heard of that. I will see what I can find. I'm happy to have some stuff to try, specifically it is hallux rigidus. So the arthritis irritated the bone with grew to prevent damage from the arthritis...I need the excess bone taken away and some sort of implant (I think it will be skin from a dead person) put in there after the joint is re-built. I just was not able to drink ACV, but I have tablets I take instead. I plan to take the time off for that right before vacation right next to retirement and that will be that.
Can you prevent flare ups somehow?

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #681 on: April 12, 2019, 06:54:52 PM »
Ive got a friend across the street that has been complaining about a gout flare up. I’ll have to pass along that info to her.

Works better if I start drinking it early in the flare-up cycle, but suggest she try it for a few days - and have some on hand for the next flare-up

There should be plenty of info on the 'net about it

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #682 on: April 12, 2019, 06:59:39 PM »
... I just was not able to drink ACV, but I have tablets I take instead. I plan to take the time off for that right before vacation right next to retirement and that will be that.
Can you prevent flare ups somehow?

Yeah, I take tiny sips of the vinegar (or dilute it with water) but I suppose it could be consumed as salad dressing or whatever else vinegar is used for.

The cherries / cherry juice may be specific to gout, and not beneficial for other types of arthritis, I don't really know

As far as preventing flare-ups, I haven't had a serious one in a very long time - I think it's because I go right for the cherry juice if I even think one might be coming on.

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #683 on: April 12, 2019, 07:52:28 PM »
MRI came back. It said "words words words, things and stuff, words stuff and stuff" Nothing terrible, but there is some things not right. I have no idea what it means, nothing terrible. Some  structural business. Let you know more after the next doctor visit.

Yes, yes, please do! I'd like to know...  :)
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #684 on: April 12, 2019, 07:53:56 PM »
Sound like you have a good plan. Still sorry to know that you have a bad foot/ankle. Please do not take any advise from @CptCrisp  regarding a bad foot/ankle. :o
LOLOL! LMAO! @FISH, you are a riot! +1
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

Jedimiller

• Alpha Male
  • Ellightened
    • starwars.com
« Reply #685 on: April 12, 2019, 07:57:41 PM »
Art
I'M ALPHA AF

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #686 on: April 12, 2019, 08:00:24 PM »
Small ear canals are a sign of great intelligence.
I didn't hear that anywhere, but I am certain it is true true true!
I did not know you had thoughts about blue tooth. Blue teeth?

I know!!

This is absolutely, definitely a proven scientific fact.  8)

And yes I do have thoughts about Bluetooth. I don't like the idea of any radiowaves I don't have to be around buzzing around me, especially from a headset sitting next to my brain! There are a bunch of studies starting to come out that using bluetooth headsets instead of wired ones, especially those people who just wear them most of the time, can cause inflammation and possible cancerous tumors in the brain near where the headsets sat.

In general, it's better to use a wired headset with cellphones, and not to carry them on your body, either, for the same reasons... tumors are more frequent at sites where cellphones are carried a lot in contact with the body. I really worry especially about men who carry them in their back pockets all the time, or in a pouch or directly on their belts. Convenient, maybe, but not a good idea. The phone should ideally be at least a few inches away from your body (which is why you're better to use a wired headset than hold the phone to your ear a lot, also).

I'll bet you didn't expect a term paper on that now, did you? But those are my thoughts on this.

As for blue teeth, interesting as that concept is, I think I'll pass. It's too biting a concept for me to deal with at this time.  ;D

P.S. I finally just remembered the brand of the old cell phone headsets that had the earpieces that worked for me: Jabra. Probably out of business, I'm guessing?

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #687 on: April 12, 2019, 08:02:23 PM »
Don't forget the replay of his last interview and the podcast interview of his friend Karen Jackson, both tomorrow.

And Bart's woo tribute to Art on Sunday night, too! Should be good!

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #688 on: April 12, 2019, 08:03:28 PM »
Well he has a peg leg, no? Egads! You had a foot thing as I recall, are you all healed up?

Yes, the @CptCrisp does not need to have an MRI on his peg leg. A new "tap" on the bottom after a while, perhaps, but no MRI needed.  8)

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #689 on: April 12, 2019, 08:04:36 PM »
This is absolutely, definitely a proven scientific fact.  8)

And yes I do have thoughts about Bluetooth. I don't like the idea of any radiowaves I don't have to be around buzzing around me, especially from a headset sitting next to my brain! There are a bunch of studies starting to come out that using bluetooth headsets instead of wired ones, especially those people who just wear them most of the time, can cause inflammation and possible cancerous tumors in the brain near where the headsets sat.

In general, it's better to use a wired headset with cellphones, and not to carry them on your body, either, for the same reasons... tumors are more frequent at sites where cellphones are carried a lot in contact with the body. I really worry especially about men who carry them in their back pockets all the time, or in a pouch or directly on their belts. Convenient, maybe, but not a good idea. The phone should ideally be at least a few inches away from your body (which is why you're better to use a wired headset than hold the phone to your ear a lot, also).

I'll bet you didn't expect a term paper on that now, did you? But those are my thoughts on this.

As for blue teeth, interesting as that concept is, I think I'll pass. It's too biting a concept for me to deal with at this time.  ;D

P.S. I finally just remembered the brand of the old cell phone headsets that had the earpieces that worked for me: Jabra. Probably out of business, I'm guessing?

Radiowaves buzz around you whether or not something is there to receive them. The antenna in blue tooth headsets just picks up what is present. It doesn’t attract it like a magnet.

More likely to get an ear infection from always having earbuds in your ears.
Are we having fun yet?