Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 274739 times)

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #120 on: August 01, 2018, 01:27:51 PM »
Nevada does have a prescription monitoring program:
Prescription Monitoring Program (PMP)
The Nevada Prescription Monitoring program is a tracking program managed by the Nevada State Board of Pharmacy. The program allows a patient’s prescription history to be readily available to practitioners and pharmacists. The program helps evaluate a course of patient care and assists healthcare providers in determining if a patient is abusing controlled substances.

NV PMP Reports
Prescription monitoring program reports contain a summary of patient history for schedule II, III and IV controlled substances the patient has received. The report specifies drug name, quantity, date written, date filled, prescriber, dispenser and method of payment. These records are reported by the dispensing pharmacy or dispensing practitioner.

http://healthiernv.org/resources/prescribers/

Interesting in that it says "allows it to be available" so there is mandated reporting, but is it mandated that it must be checked prior to prescribing and dispensing?

Hopefully, Knapp will bring on a Nevada doctor to sort this all out.

K_Dubb

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #121 on: August 01, 2018, 01:35:19 PM »
Nevada does have a prescription monitoring program:
Prescription Monitoring Program (PMP)
The Nevada Prescription Monitoring program is a tracking program managed by the Nevada State Board of Pharmacy. The program allows a patient’s prescription history to be readily available to practitioners and pharmacists. The program helps evaluate a course of patient care and assists healthcare providers in determining if a patient is abusing controlled substances.

NV PMP Reports
Prescription monitoring program reports contain a summary of patient history for schedule II, III and IV controlled substances the patient has received. The report specifies drug name, quantity, date written, date filled, prescriber, dispenser and method of payment. These records are reported by the dispensing pharmacy or dispensing practitioner.

http://healthiernv.org/resources/prescribers/

Interesting in that it says "allows it to be available" so there is mandated reporting, but is it mandated that it must be checked prior to prescribing and dispensing?

Hopefully, Knapp will bring on a Nevada doctor to sort this all out.

We have one in this state, too.  It sounds impressive on paper but, in practical terms, it means every single provider has to upload a clunky text file to a government database on a regular basis, and you rely on everyone to check it before prescribing.  It's better than nothing.

2Lord2Grantham

• KDWN
  • WSGW
« Reply #122 on: August 01, 2018, 01:37:40 PM »
Good thing Pahrump isn't within close proximity to two (hell three) other states with different systems.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated

HumanBeing

• Elluminati
« Reply #124 on: August 01, 2018, 01:39:57 PM »
Ian Punnett is a fucking knob head.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #125 on: August 01, 2018, 01:43:40 PM »
Throw enough opiates at someone and they will. And don't say it like its a failure in his personality, its chemical dependence, he couldn't help it.

Same with Prince.  Don't quote me but didn't he have severe back/hip pain from jumping off amplifiers while wearing grossly high heeled boots?  He was able to afford the fancier opiate fentanyl, over Art's Oxycodone, but the end results were the same.  We are frail creatures when it comes to pain management.  Our brains will fabricate any excuse to attain that elusive, pain free state.  I really wish poor Art had never fallen down that telephone pole way back in his younger days.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #126 on: August 01, 2018, 01:44:04 PM »
Good thing Pahrump isn't within close proximity to two (hell three) other states with different systems.

One one other person with different doctors?

2Lord2Grantham

• KDWN
  • WSGW
« Reply #127 on: August 01, 2018, 01:45:22 PM »
Same with Prince.  Don't quote me but didn't he have severe back/hip pain from jumping off amplifiers while wearing grossly high heeled boots? 

Yup, and in the end the elevator really did bring him down (oh no, let's go)

2Lord2Grantham

• KDWN
  • WSGW
« Reply #128 on: August 01, 2018, 01:47:39 PM »
One one other person with different doctors?

Someone with ties to southern California? Anythings possible.

But hell, one in Needles, Kingman, St. George, and Pharump? You'd be all set.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #129 on: August 01, 2018, 01:48:11 PM »
  I really wish poor Art had never fallen down that telephone pole

Wasn't that a Dylan song?

Adam Baum

• KNYE
  • Nemo me impune lacessit
« Reply #130 on: August 01, 2018, 01:53:15 PM »
The ever preachy and sanctimonious Deacon Punnett. Flectamus genua!
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #131 on: August 01, 2018, 02:19:07 PM »
Wasn't that a Dylan song?

I looked but couldn't find anything.  I think he wrote an album called Fallen Angels though they weren't falling off telephone poles, but knowing Dylan, perhaps they were.  I did find this interesting set of Dylan lyrics' though:

Dr. Filth, he keeps his world inside of a leather cup
But all his sexless patients, they're trying to blow it up
Now his nurse, some local loser
She's in charge of the cyanide hole
And she also keeps the cards that read
"Have mercy on his soul"
They all play on the penny whistles, you can hear them blow
If you lean your head out far enough from Desolation Row

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #132 on: August 01, 2018, 02:19:49 PM »
Carisoprodol - It can treat pain and stiffness from muscle spasms.
Diazepam - It can treat anxiety, muscle spasms, and seizures.
Hydrocodone - It can treat pain.
Oxycodone - It can treat moderate to severe pain.
A doctor would tell a patient to take BOTH hydrocodone and oxycodone?  I wonder if Art had one of those from an old prescription and decided on his own to combine them, probably knowing full well what the result could be.  Of course, he could have gotten it without a prescription, too.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

crawdad

• KIDD
« Reply #133 on: August 01, 2018, 02:22:02 PM »
I suspect the "accidental" diagnosis was for reputation and insurance purposes.
Perhaps in ruling “accident” vs. “suicide”, the Vegas authorities were offering a final “tip of the cap” to one of their favorite Nevada characters— the Patron Saint of late night workers, insomniacs, and edge-dwellers everywhere.

Yes, in the absence of a note, an eyewitness, or any contrary evidence,  the finding would have to be “accidental”. 

The truth will remain a mystery,
as befits Art Bell.

Bluejay

• Gif Ninja
  • Ellevated
  • West of the Rockies
« Reply #134 on: August 01, 2018, 02:23:28 PM »
I guess the report is not a surprise. It's good to have an answer, but the speculation as to accidental or purposeful will continue.  :-\
I agree.