Author Topic: a perfect ghost story  (Read 6727 times)

anniem

• Ellevated
Re: a perfect ghost story
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2020, 05:24:59 PM »
No ma'am, @anniem she did not.

Goodness!
And then you ran through her!!!

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2020, 05:47:03 PM »
This one is for you, @FISH

In 2017 the devil visited me in a jail cell in Plovdiv, Bulgaria.
One day I will tell the story but today is not that day.
Jail in Bulgaria? I threw what looked like a rock at some guy that was trying to steal equipment that I was responsible for.
Turns out the rock was part of the ruins and it is illegal to toss the ruins around.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A few months back @DaveScottSOR asked me if I had any woo stories so I told him this one.
I also told him I thought that amphitheater is full of woo.
Dave got sidetracked and tried to start some sort of perverted phone sex with me so I hung up.

A few weeks later Dave had Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal on SOR and Bumblefoot tells him a story about something messing with his equipment and pulling at his foot at a show.
It was the only time this has happened to Ron... so far.
It happened at the amphitheater in Plovdiv.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2020, 07:35:05 PM »

AW!

Turns out the rock was part of the ruins and it is illegal to toss the ruins around.

Ok.
Do not dip undippable flags.
Do not throw ruins.
Got it.

Great story @Bart Ell

DaveScottSOR

• Hall Of Famer
  • Drone Pilot
    • Spaced Out Radio
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2020, 11:26:34 PM »
This one is for you, @FISH

Jail in Bulgaria? I threw what looked like a rock at some guy that was trying to steal equipment that I was responsible for.

A few months back @DaveScottSOR asked me if I had any woo stories so I told him this one.
I also told him I thought that amphitheater is full of woo.
Dave got sidetracked and tried to start some sort of perverted phone sex with me so I hung up.

A few weeks later Dave had Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal on SOR and Bumblefoot tells him a story about something messing with his equipment and pulling at his foot at a show.
It was the only time this has happened to Ron... so far.
It happened at the amphitheater in Plovdiv.

Ahem, you told me Satan came up from hell, and had asked to Whitley you.
Come give Spaced Out Radio a listen some time. We like the WOO!

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2020, 04:50:24 AM »

You lie!
The devil would never ask.
WHO COULD RESPECT HIM IF HE DID?

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2020, 06:33:07 AM »
Oh Boy! Rough week for me. Just getting some time time to read and think...

I now have time to read all the "clever" comments and listen to some Halloween music.
Do I have a personal perfect ghost story? YEP! Trouble being is that I have about 20 or more ghost stories. I was an ART BELL fan. I grew up in a haunted row home. My home was surrounded by my family. Aunt Clare and family lived next door to us. Aunt Mary and sons lived next door to Aunt Clare. And Granny lived behind our homes. It was like growing up in an Irish village--ghost stories and all.
My grandparents did not want to spend their last night in a funeral home before going to church and the grave yard. My grandparents spent their last night, above ground in my home. They stayed the night. My family stayed down stairs with the dead. My brothers and I had to go upstairs at bed time. I slept like baby those nights.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2020, 06:34:22 AM »

@anniem , he is my hero. ;)

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2020, 06:38:06 AM »
Not as much as I like the sandwich @ShayP made.
CAN I HAVE IT?
@Bart Ell
Yes, you may have my sandwich, AFTER you tell us about devil visiting you in a jail cell in Plovdiv, Bulgaria.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2020, 06:39:30 AM »
I binged The Haunting of Bly Manor last weekend

Thanks @PolkaDot
I will check it out.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2020, 06:46:27 AM »
Okay.  Here's an experience I had many years ago...

I saw a ghost when I was a child.  There is no doubt about what I saw.  It wasn't a dream, or me falling into a sleep state.  I will try to paint a picture for you all.

I was 9 years old.  At the time my Mother, Grandmother, and myself lived in a small row house in Pittsburgh.  As a child I was a restless sleeper and would hop from bed to bed, or even the couch.  I, for some reason, couldn't just stay in my own room.  There were three bedrooms upstairs and all were adjacent to each other with the doorways all in line with each other.  So if you stood in my room you could see into the room at the front of the house.  The rooms were small.  Mine was in the back of the house, my Grandmother's in the middle, and my Mom's in the front.  My Mom was away with the Army at the time of the incident.  My Grandmother was sleeping soundly in her room.  She snored loudly.  That fact is relevant to this story.  I woke up shortly after midnight and couldn't fall to sleep.  My Grandmother made a point to tell me to stay in my bed.  Well, I didn't.  I snuck through her room and entered my Mom's.  We always had little nightlights in the house so nearly every room had some dim light.  When I entered my Mom's room I climbed onto the bed and turned the lamp on the low setting because the nightlight was too dim.  I did this because I wanted to play with my Matchbox cars.  I was careful not to disturb the bedspread because I knew if I did I would get scolded for not staying in my room through the night.  I had two Matchbox cars with me.  One was a purple dune buggy with yellow specks, and the other was a emergency vehicle.  I was zooming them around the bed periodically looking towards the doorway and listening for my Grandmother in case she stopped snoring. If she did, I would've cut out the light and waited to sneak back in my room.

I may have been in the room for just 10 minutes or so.  I glanced by the doorway and was startled by what I thought was my Grandmother standing there, leaning on the frame of the door.  I immediately swung my legs over the bed to put my slippers on.  While doing so, with my head down (because I knew I was busted!) I said "I'm sorry Nana, I'll go to my room."  I started towards the doorway and I felt really weird.  I realized quickly that this wasn't my Grandmother because I still could could hear her snoring.  I froze and screamed "Nana...Nana!!!"  I heard her stop snoring and grumble "WHAT!?"  At that moment, I was standing in the doorway looking through this ghost.  It was like looking through fog.  I also realized that 'who' I saw was my Grandmother's sister (my Great-Aunt) who died the year before.  I freaked out, closed my eyes, and ran through 'it' and jumped in my Grandmother's bed.

She comforted me and didn't doubt me because she was not only superstitious but also religious.  She essentially told me everything was okay, etc, so as to make me feel comforted. 

I never forgot that incident and it has stuck with me fresh in my mind.  I never gave it much thought growing up, but never forgot it either.
10 POINTS @ShayP !
This is a perfect ghost story. I still live in a small rowhome in a big city. I can picture the layout of your old home. Yes, the Aunties often come back to visit.
BTW "The Turn of the Screw" is a great read. I enjoyed the mystery. Was she crazy or not?

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2020, 06:47:54 AM »

@Rikki Gins It is Halloween every Sunday nights. Trick or Treat time.  ;)

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2020, 06:48:41 AM »
@DaveScottSOR
Oh Boy!  ::)

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2020, 08:35:54 AM »
Oh Boy! Rough week for me. Just getting some time time to read and think...

I now have time to read all the "clever" comments and listen to some Halloween music.
Do I have a personal perfect ghost story? YEP! Trouble being is that I have about 20 or more ghost stories. I was an ART BELL fan. I grew up in a haunted row home. My home was surrounded by my family. Aunt Clare and family lived next door to us. Aunt Mary and sons lived next door to Aunt Clare. And Granny lived behind our homes. It was like growing up in an Irish village--ghost stories and all.
My grandparents did not want to spend their last night in a funeral home before going to church and the grave yard. My grandparents spent their last night, above ground in my home. They stayed the night. My family stayed down stairs with the dead. My brothers and I had to go upstairs at bed time. I slept like baby those nights.

Oh boy, 20 ghost stories!!!!  I CAN'T WAIT!!!

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2020, 08:38:09 AM »
@anniem , he is my hero. ;)

When I was a kid, AH was on each night for a half hour at 11 pm. I wasn't supposed to be up that late, but if I was quiet, I was able.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2020, 02:50:48 PM »
Not as much as I like the sandwich @ShayP made.
CAN I HAVE IT?

I am still not happy with your comment about Peter Murphy. How can you not love a singer who hangs upside down, like a bat for almost 9 minutes while singing at the Coachella in 2005.