Author Topic: NFL Football  (Read 116417 times)

ShayP

• Ellevated
Re: NFL Football
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2018, 10:33:30 AM »
You can read through the draft synopsis on him for the good traits; I'll just focus on a few of the negatives that may spell NFL level trouble ahead:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/mason-rudolph?id=32462018-0002-5599-4271-c09bf8338e3c

I'll go with his natural strengths.  Those weaknesses seemed like a lot of nit-picking.  His weaknesses can be coached out of him and quite frankly he can make those adjustments on his own.  To me he is an upgrade over Landry Jones and Josh Dobbs.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2018, 10:40:05 AM »
How about this, then. Week 11 8:20PM on NBC. Who else will need to borrow Bettis’ Inhaler?

LOL!  @ Jacksonville I see. 

Blake Bortles is trash.

The Steelers won't allow Fournette's 3 TD's again and Ben won't throw 5 INT's.  Damn that game pissed me off.   >:(

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2018, 11:33:34 AM »
The season is almost here.   8)

The Hall of Fame Game in Canton, Ohio is Thursday, August 2nd.   Chicago Bears vs. Baltimore Ravens

Two weeks later the rest of the pre-season starts.  Then...

September 6th will be the first regular season game and will feature the Falcons and Eagles.

Are you fans ready?   :D

I am, and all I have to say is...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

*DISCUSS*

Footballlllll Footballllllll   Footballlllll Footballllll  Footballllll
Woo hooooooooo!    See you in September  8)

Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2018, 11:38:46 AM »
Footballlllll Footballllllll   Footballlllll Footballllll  Footballllll
Woo hooooooooo!    See you in September  8)

TL!!!  :-*  Forgive me but I've forgotten your team.  Probably for good reason.   ;) ;D

Metron

• Nursery Resident
  • KIDD
  • the propinquity of moving electrons
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2018, 11:50:52 AM »
I'll go with his natural strengths.  Those weaknesses seemed like a lot of nit-picking.

No those are the draft analysts reports that teams work from, which is why he dropped to the 3rd round.

If you want to read someone with a keen eye on NFL.com look for Bucky Brooks who has worked as a scout in the league.

Walter football always has some good insight as well.

I mean you'd think with his size and low college INT ratio he ought to have gone higher, except for...

His weaknesses can be coached out of him and quite frankly he can make those adjustments on his own.  To me he is an upgrade over Landry Jones and Josh Dobbs.

Josh Hobbs perplexes me - I think maybe what I'm seeing is a lot of diverse athletic talent, a high intellect (aerospace degree), but low developmental coaching at Tennessee. Think Deshone Kizer and you have an idea of where his ceiling might be.

Metron

• Nursery Resident
  • KIDD
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2018, 11:54:43 AM »
LOL!  @ Jacksonville I see. 

Blake Bortles is trash.

He is so due to come back into low earth orbit this year.

I mean this is a guy who functionally speaking had his year 2 breakout and has been tailing off since, imo.

The Steelers won't allow Fournette's 3 TD's again and Ben won't throw 5 INT's.  Damn that game pissed me off.   >:(

We need to see a LOT more of TJ Watt and I bet we will.

Losing Shazier just carved a hole in your LBs.

Metron

• Nursery Resident
  • KIDD
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2018, 11:55:24 AM »
TL!!!  :-*  Forgive me but I've forgotten your team.  Probably for good reason.   ;) ;D

ROFLOL! :D

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2018, 11:55:33 AM »

Cheers Shay!! Prolly the Rams this year but I'm not so much into any special team. Too many years living in San Diego and with the constant disappointment. I go with whoever tickles my fancy on any particular Sunday

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2018, 12:06:45 PM »
Walter football always has some good insight as well.

Josh Hobbs perplexes me - I think maybe what I'm seeing is a lot of diverse athletic talent, a high intellect (aerospace degree), but low developmental coaching at Tennessee. Think Deshone Kizer and you have an idea of where his ceiling might be.

Walter football is good.  I like OurLads too.

Your take on Dobbs is spot on.  The guy is a brainiac.  He has football skills.  Kizer seems like a good comparison.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2018, 12:09:49 PM »
He is so due to come back into low earth orbit this year.

I mean this is a guy who functionally speaking had his year 2 breakout and has been tailing off since, imo.

We need to see a LOT more of TJ Watt and I bet we will.

Losing Shazier just carved a hole in your LBs.

Shazier is huge.  I expect the Steelers to a lot of sub packages with safeties galore.   I like 'Dirty Red' (LB ~ Tyler Matakevich) simply because he is an excellent special teams guy who can fit in certain packages.  Pure football player.  I like his game.  He just tackles everything he gets to.  It'll be tough to make up for Shazier's absence but I'm not too worried.  Gotta stop the run and these corners need to go after the ball.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2018, 12:12:49 PM »
Cheers Shay!! Prolly the Rams this year but I'm not so much into any special team. Too many years living in San Diego and with the constant disappointment. I go with whoever tickles my fancy on any particular Sunday

Rams.  I can dig it.  San Diego losing the Chargers was dumb.  It may just be easier to root for the Steelers.  It'll probably be for the best.  You may feel better about things and have a new sense of confidence...not that you may be lacking.  At least do it for the children.  :D

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2018, 12:24:04 PM »
Rams.  I can dig it.  San Diego losing the Chargers was dumb.  It may just be easier to root for the Steelers.  It'll probably be for the best.  You may feel better about things and have a new sense of confidence...not that you may be lacking.  At least do it for the children.  :D

I've always liked the Steelers from way back. I promise any time I'm watching a Steelers game I will root for them. No children will be harmed in my weekly picks

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2018, 12:27:08 PM »
I've always liked the Steelers from way back. I promise any time I'm watching a Steelers game I will root for them. No children will be harmed in my weekly picks

LOL!  Fair enough.  ;)

Metron

• Nursery Resident
  • KIDD
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2018, 12:50:14 PM »
Walter football is good.  I like OurLads too.

Your take on Dobbs is spot on.  The guy is a brainiac.  He has football skills.  Kizer seems like a good comparison.

On a personal note I like him enough to really be puling for him, but it'll be an uphill climb.

He's kinda like Mike Vick but without any of the baggage.

Metron

• Nursery Resident
  • KIDD
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2018, 12:55:19 PM »
Shazier is huge.  I expect the Steelers to a lot of sub packages with safeties galore.   I like 'Dirty Red' (LB ~ Tyler Matakevich) simply because he is an excellent special teams guy who can fit in certain packages.  Pure football player.  I like his game.  He just tackles everything he gets to.  It'll be tough to make up for Shazier's absence but I'm not too worried.  Gotta stop the run and these corners need to go after the ball.

I'll be watching the training camp battle:

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers/13869682-74/steelers-training-camp-preview-will-tyler-matakevich-or-jon-bostic-start-at

Draft pick

None

(oddly enough - but your guys don't reach)

On camp roster

Matthew Thomas: The surprise of the draft for the Steelers was the absence of an inside linebacker. But they quickly addressed the position, signing Thomas as an undrafted free agent. At Florida State, he had some off-field issues early in his career but led the Seminoles in tackles each of the past two seasons.

https://twitter.com/_TJWatt

(love this guy!)