Author Topic: The Bartcast  (Read 336128 times)

ponyboysunset

• Elluminati
  • Just your average otter
Re: The Bartcast
« Reply #1320 on: October 01, 2018, 09:04:12 AM »
This is why i never go into that dystopian hive of scum and villainy.
Smart move. People get very, very insane over there.

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #1321 on: October 01, 2018, 09:12:02 AM »
This is why i never go into that dystopian hive of scum and villainy.

Very smart call.  All the guys in there are of one political mindset. Not mine. I am a bit of a political junky and activist. And I enjoy a good exchange of viewpoints. On very rare occasions I can actually have a decent discussion there. But most of the time it's just insults and invective. I go there at my own risk. But I enjoy just to trying to shake up their constant preening and backslapping
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #1322 on: October 01, 2018, 09:28:51 AM »
Are we talking about Yorkshire or London proper? I lost track.

Yorkshire is far enough that is not a problem apart from being in the North it is harmless. London is a scant 45 miles distant and thus always a danger. Surrey is of course part of that dystopian hive of scum and villainy.
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

tootsie_wootsy

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • Fuck off, this is not a place to be sweet
« Reply #1323 on: October 01, 2018, 09:29:19 AM »
Very smart call.  All the guys in there are of one political mindset. Not mine. I am a bit of a political junky and activist. And I enjoy a good exchange of viewpoints. On very rare occasions I can actually have a decent discussion there. But most of the time it's just insults and invective. I go there at my own risk. But I enjoy just to trying to shake up their constant preening and backslapping

well, i give you a lot of credit.. i couldn't deal with it..@TigerLily

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #1324 on: October 01, 2018, 09:30:03 AM »
Also I have pretty much zero interest in US politics, we have enough shit brewing with Briexit that we don’t need to worry about the mess over there with your lot :)
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
  • My favorite breed is Rescue
« Reply #1325 on: October 01, 2018, 09:44:20 AM »
Although some of Metron's replies and rebuttals are like watching an episode of Gordon Ramsey's Hell's Kitchen, most of the references and points made by Metron are spot on. Strip away the (sometimes) offensive language and you have a very smart individual.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

yorkshire pud

• KDWN
« Reply #1326 on: October 01, 2018, 05:59:50 PM »
Although some of Metron's replies and rebuttals are like watching an episode of Gordon Ramsey's Hell's Kitchen, most of the references and points made by Metron are spot on. Strip away the (sometimes) offensive language and you have a very smart individual.

Naaa, not really.

yorkshire pud

• KDWN
« Reply #1327 on: October 01, 2018, 06:01:47 PM »
Yorkshire is far enough that is not a problem apart from being in the North it is harmless. London is a scant 45 miles distant and thus always a danger. Surrey is of course part of that dystopian hive of scum and villainy.

I'm further than Yorkshire now. I'm from Yorkshire, and now have ventured out to bring some semblance of civilisation to the colonies. It's an onerous, desperately unrewarding job, but someone has to do it.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #1328 on: October 01, 2018, 06:07:36 PM »
I'm further than Yorkshire now. I'm from Yorkshire, and now have ventured out to bring some semblance of civilisation to the colonies. It's an onerous, desperately unrewarding job, but someone has to do it.

You over shot the colonies by about 2800 miles.
Are we having fun yet?

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #1329 on: October 01, 2018, 06:10:43 PM »
You over shot the colonies by about 2800 miles.
Maybe it was a French conversion issue? When he fled he was thinking Metric since they had previously gone with the French European model (Conférence générale des poids et mesures) for measurement abandoning, except in a few cases, their own measures?  ;) I seem to recall this has happened before with some rockets?  ;D

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #1330 on: October 01, 2018, 06:33:40 PM »
He got yellow carded in the Politcs thread. Started slinging insults at me which escalated to the "c" word. Because I have a different political viewpoint. And I'm female. The "c" word may be acceptable in Blighty but in my world it's no different than the "n" word

: Kavanaugh hearing for SCOTUS nomination Today !
« Reply #444 on: September 30, 2018, 05:16:47 AM »

Quote from: Metron on September 29, 2018, 04:43:52 PM
Oh that's so very unbiased of you - hypocritical cunt!

"Hey dummy - Deal with your mommy issues somewhere else.
Next time I am forced to come in here I am taking a prize for my zoo." Bart Ell

Praise BE

There are reasons why I stay out of the political threads. -_-
Sorry, TigerLily
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #1331 on: October 01, 2018, 06:36:43 PM »
Also I have pretty much zero interest in US politics, we have enough shit brewing with Briexit that we don’t need to worry about the mess over there with your lot :)

Did I read correctly that Ms. May is planning a "Brexit festival"?
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #1332 on: October 01, 2018, 06:37:21 PM »
Did I read correctly that Ms. May is planning a "Brexit festival"?
Hopefully more peaceful than those "Caribbean Festivals" they have....

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #1333 on: October 01, 2018, 08:00:32 PM »
Nothing to do with that.
Dummy crossed into personal attacks.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion on a topic but the minute you go thread to thread with personal attacks you are going to be part of my human zoo.
Thank you for that, Bart! Praise BE! +1
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #1334 on: October 01, 2018, 08:06:09 PM »
I bought a small political button/pin in my favorite bookstore in NYC, the Strand. It says "Make America Think Again. Strand Bookstore" The store name is in smaller print. It's blue with white lettering. I can't tell you how many people loved it and commented on it in NYC... then I got off the plane where I now live and got a scowl from a dried-out older guy, clearly a Trump guy. But I plan to wear it prominently from now till the election, and I'll get more flak here than in NYC for sure. That's why it's important to wear it, along with my "It's Mueller Time" pin that I got last year in Washington Square Park.

But go to the political thread? Not on your life...  8)
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb