Author Topic: Celebrity Deaths  (Read 350608 times)

Ghost BEP

• Ghosted
  • Ellightened
  • It’s my Woo Show and Jim can cry if he wants to.
Re: Celebrity Deaths
« Reply #495 on: July 14, 2019, 03:54:54 PM »
From the Dallas News

Rick Perry: Now that Ross Perot is gone, I can tell this story

Rick Perry, Contributor
This week, the nation remembers Ross Perot for his success in business, his two independent White House bids and his no-nonsense, straight Texas talk. His love of country, larger-than-life personality and generosity are all part of his legacy that will live on. But there is another little-known part of the life of Ross Perot that should be told now that he is gone. He was a tireless, but private, supporter of our wounded veterans.
During my time as governor of this great state, I had the honor and privilege of knowing countless warriors who stepped forward to serve in Iraq and Afghanistan and returned home with horrific wounds of war. U.S. Army Cpl. Alan Babin Jr. is one such hero.
While serving in Iraq in 2003 as a medic in the 82nd Airborne, Alan was shot in the abdomen while tending to a fallen comrade. While Alan survived his injury, he faced a long and difficult road to recovery, complicated by the onset of meningitis and a stroke-induced coma that left him confined to a wheelchair for the rest of his life.
On the one-year anniversary of his wounding, I joined Alan and his family for a small gathering. He was still in very bad shape, neurologically and physically incapacitated. When I asked his mother, Rosie,  what I could do to help, she said she was eager to get him out of the hospital and back home, but struggling with the prospect of transporting Alan to his many medical visits.
I knew there was one person to call: Ross Perot. What happened next still amazes me to this day. The next morning, Ross personally called Rosie and made arrangements for his plane to pick up the Babins in Austin and fly them to Dallas where Alan could be seen by leading neurologists at Zale Lipshy University Hospital.
When the hospital elevators opened, Ross was standing there to meet Alan personally and ensure that he got the best of care. Later that day, Rosie was handed a key to a hotel room across the street so she could be close to Alan throughout his extended stay.
It didn't stop there.
When Rosie returned to the family home in Round Rock for her daughter's prom, Ross visited privately with Alan to sit with him and make sure he wasn't alone.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ross Perot visits wounded veteran Alan Babin. (Rosie Babin)
After three weeks in Dallas, Alan and Rosie returned home to Austin on Ross' plane. When they arrived home, a fully customized luxury conversion van equipped with a wheelchair lift was waiting for them in their driveway.
Later when they spoke, Ross told Rosie two things: "One phone call is all you ever need to make if you need anything. Now, I want you to focus on Alan." And that is exactly what happened.
In 2005, when Alan needed to return to Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Ross flew the Babins to Washington, D.C., and arranged for a private ambulance to pick him up on the tarmac and transport him to the hospital.
Today, Alan and his parents live together in a specially adapted smarthome provided by the generosity of another great champion of our wounded warriors, Gary Sinise. Thanks to the support of patriots like Gary and Ross, Alan has progressed in his limited physical ability to become an accomplished adaptive skier, hand cyclist and golfer.
Over the years, Rosie has come to call those who rushed to Alan's aid "Alan's Angels," but the title "Big Angel" is and will forever be reserved for Ross Perot.
While alive, Ross would have shunned any effort to grant him credit for his support of Alan and the untold others he quietly helped through unimaginably challenging times. But now that he is gone, everyone should know the quality of the man that our state, our nation and our wounded veterans have lost.
God bless Ross Perot.
Rick Perry is the former governor of Texas.
Be wary of phony kleptos with bovine spongiform encephalopathy.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #496 on: July 22, 2019, 05:57:34 AM »
Another one bites the dust

Rosemary Ellen Guiley passed away suddenly on Thursday, July 18, 2019. She authored and compiled nearly 65 books, including books in the "Fate Presents" series

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

https://copycateffect.blogspot.com/2019/07/Guiley-obit.html

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #497 on: July 22, 2019, 06:37:45 AM »
Maybe heater can get her as a guest.
Merry Christmas

Jayzelady

• Ellevated
  • Look out, choc bunny. Your ears will soon be mine!
« Reply #498 on: July 22, 2019, 11:03:40 AM »
Louisiana and New Orleans has lost another great one. 😢

https://www.wafb.com/2019/07/22/art-neville-passes-away-age/

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #499 on: July 22, 2019, 11:15:11 AM »
Louisiana and New Orleans has lost another great one. 😢

https://www.wafb.com/2019/07/22/art-neville-passes-away-age/

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Sorry to hear that.  I got to see Art and his brothers play at a local county fair, of all places.  They were really good.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #500 on: July 22, 2019, 03:10:27 PM »
Death of Dr. Christopher Columbus Kraft Jr., NASA’s first flight director who served during America’s first crewed spaceflight, orbital flight and spacewalk.

http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewpr.html?pid=54425

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #501 on: July 22, 2019, 03:15:36 PM »
Death of Dr. Christopher Columbus Kraft Jr., NASA’s first flight director who served during America’s first crewed spaceflight, orbital flight and spacewalk.

Did he discover cheese?

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #502 on: July 22, 2019, 03:27:44 PM »

He retired the same month I started working there.
Are we having fun yet?

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #503 on: July 22, 2019, 08:57:36 PM »
David Hedison (Captain Lee Crane on the television series Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea) has died at the age of 92.  He was in the original The Fly, also, but he was billed as Al Hedison, in that one. 
https://variety.com/2019/film/obituaries-people-news/david-hedison-dead-dies-the-fly-voyage-to-the-bottom-of-the-sea-1203275257/

Jayzelady

• Ellevated
  • Look out, choc bunny. Your ears will soon be mine!
« Reply #504 on: July 22, 2019, 09:08:13 PM »
David Hedison (Captain Lee Crane on the television series Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea) has died at the age of 92.  He was in the original The Fly, also, but he was billed as Al Hedison, in that one. 
https://variety.com/2019/film/obituaries-people-news/david-hedison-dead-dies-the-fly-voyage-to-the-bottom-of-the-sea-1203275257/

I loved that show and David Hedison was my favorite....teenage crush and all that. 🙂

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #505 on: July 23, 2019, 07:21:10 AM »
Did he discover cheese?
Discovered the moon was made of cheese.   Dumbass.

Pizzapunch

• Ellightened
« Reply #506 on: July 24, 2019, 10:11:11 AM »
Rutger Hauer has passed at the age of 75. Loved him in Blade Runner The Hitcher, and Hobo with a Shotgun.

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #507 on: July 24, 2019, 11:04:40 AM »
Rutger Hauer has passed at the age of 75. Loved him in Blade Runner The Hitcher, and Hobo with a Shotgun.
  Truly, an American classic.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #508 on: July 24, 2019, 03:04:48 PM »
RIP Rutger Hauer.
Blond, blue-eyed, tall and handsome Dutch actor.
...and Sin City as Cardinal Roark.

Pizzapunch

• Ellightened
« Reply #509 on: July 24, 2019, 03:11:49 PM »
RIP Rutger Hauer.
Blond, blue-eyed, tall and handsome Dutch actor.
...and Sin City as Cardinal Roark.
I had completely forgot  he was in Sin City, another huge favorite of mine