Author Topic: OCTOBER FUNDRAISER - National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)  (Read 2888 times)

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
OCTOBER FUNDRAISER - National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
« on: September 30, 2019, 07:01:44 PM »
The ELLGAB tradition of giving continues! We will be donating 100% of our October revenue to National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI).

Thanks to @SpookPumpkin  for recommending them.

You can make your own donation directly by visiting https://www.nami.org/

NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness.

What started as a small group of families gathered around a kitchen table in 1979 has blossomed into the nation's leading voice on mental health. Today, we are an association of more than 500 local affiliates who work in your community to raise awareness and provide support and education that was not previously available to those in need.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
Re: OCTOBER FUNDRAISER - National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2019, 09:56:51 PM »

Wonderful! Thanks @Bart Ell  and @SpookPumpkin . A worthy cause. Yes. Still too much stigma around mental illness

#ClickacyForYourMind
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 01:24:27 AM »
The ELLGAB tradition of giving continues! We will be donating 100% of our October revenue to National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI).

Thanks to @SpookPumpkin  for recommending them.

You can make your own donation directly by visiting https://www.nami.org/

NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness.

What started as a small group of families gathered around a kitchen table in 1979 has blossomed into the nation's leading voice on mental health. Today, we are an association of more than 500 local affiliates who work in your community to raise awareness and provide support and education that was not previously available to those in need.

This organization does not recognize Munchaussen's (by Proxy) disease in their literature, in their groups nor in their online discussion forums, last time I checked.  Maybe you can put a word in.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 10:40:17 AM »

#ClickacyForYourMind

I support this hashtag

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2019, 11:08:04 AM »
[snarkasm]So, are the funds going directly to Heather or will they be used to subscribe?][/snarkasm]

Eh, nevermind...

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2019, 07:45:30 PM »
[snarkasm]So, are the funds going directly to Heather or will they be used to subscribe?][/snarkasm]

Perhaps you can make a case for some funds for obsessed fanatics. 😋
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2019, 07:47:51 PM »
This organization does not recognize Munchaussen's (by Proxy) disease in their literature, in their groups nor in their online discussion forums, last time I checked.  Maybe you can put a word in.

If you have ideas for future charities, send 'em to Bart.
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2019, 08:14:53 PM »

Nah, I'm good.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2019, 10:00:22 PM »
Nah, I'm good.
Well, they do have a group for exploring the voices they hear and trying to make sense of it.  That is very outside-the-box.  I was surprised they would allow such a thing in their space, because it could be perceived as reinforcing mental illness, delving down into a bunch of chaos.  But they are doing it.   I don't know whether it's productive or not, but it's definitely open-minded of the organization.

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2019, 01:10:04 AM »
  Nah, it's for pussy boi Anthony Capicolla.