Author Topic: you know what I hate..  (Read 11573 times)

PB

• Ellevated
Re: you know what I hate..
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2019, 06:00:04 AM »
Yes, the ammonia definitely was the tipping point!  I knew it, too, I was like being a saint about that, because I was deeply invested...  What a relief that I'm not alone.

Every time I buy apples I feel like I need to ask the check out clerk to please handle them gently, that they bruise easily.  Otherwise they roll then down the counter to the bagger and I get home with a bunch of bruised apples. 

It takes me awhile to choose produce, only to have it ruined at checkout.  If that happens, if I don't get the sale price or the marked price, or some other bullshit, at some point during the conversation I'm just done.

PS, wash the baskets once in awhile.  God only knows what filth lurks there

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2019, 06:04:05 AM »
One thing I've been seeing lately is wait in line, put all my things on the counter, and finally get to the register - only to see a handwritten note on the card terminal saying ''no cash back''. 

WTF, the main reason I'm in the store is to get cash back.  What, now I'm supposed to drive to an ATM, find parking, etc?  Isn't the place to put the sign is somewhere it can be easily seen by the customer before getting into that line in the first place?

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2019, 11:01:44 AM »
Sneezing on a check so it's nice and moist and then handing it to you for payment.

Rooting around in their underwear and pulling out damp currency and handing it to you for payment.

I worked with a very juicy clientele.  :o
Lol.  By underwear, do you mean brassiers?  I know one woman who wears an apron everywhere because women's clothing has so few meaningful pockets.  I finally figured out to put a wristlet on my keychain - it detaches when I drive.  That way, I have a pocket for the phone, the grocery list, etc...  Right now, it's clear colored, which is even better.
Every time I buy apples I feel like I need to ask the check out clerk to please handle them gently, that they bruise easily.  Otherwise they roll then down the counter to the bagger and I get home with a bunch of bruised apples. 

It takes me awhile to choose produce, only to have it ruined at checkout.  If that happens, if I don't get the sale price or the marked price, or some other bullshit, at some point during the conversation I'm just done.

PS, wash the baskets once in awhile.  God only knows what filth lurks there

I guess there really is no more old fashioned bagger training.  I don't like rough cashiers, either.  Cold foods mixed in with hot, bananas mixed in with cold foods, etc...  Dirty baskets, and even in the displays underneath the produce, things look very grungy - appalling.  I'm surprised more people don't get sick from that.  Sometimes I wipe my basket with the free wipe, but not sure it helps much.

One thing I've been seeing lately is wait in line, put all my things on the counter, and finally get to the register - only to see a handwritten note on the card terminal saying ''no cash back''. 

WTF, the main reason I'm in the store is to get cash back.  What, now I'm supposed to drive to an ATM, find parking, etc?  Isn't the place to put the sign is somewhere it can be easily seen by the customer before getting into that line in the first place?
I hadn't realized that was happening.  Can you imagine being disabled & dealing with that.  It's bad enough I have to get out of the car just to see the tiny little hours posted on the front door, usually posted in white on a clear background.  That's as bad as getting all the way back, to the restroom, only to find out you have to back up and ask for access.  Or, detour signs when you could have turned off and taken an alternate route just one block back.  Communications were the first thing to go when the economy hit bottom around 2008, & they are only now starting to come back.  Workers who were 20 in 2008 worked 11 years at an impressionable age, with poor workplace communications.  They accept misinformation as a matter of course. 

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2019, 11:23:44 AM »
when someone licks their fingers to open a plastic bag,
especially a check out clerk.. I wanna scream "I don't want your spit on my bag!"
but I don't.. society's indoctrination of niceness (political correctness) is the death of people.
  Then open the bag yourself.  You don't bag your own groceries, do you?  Cuck.

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2019, 11:25:19 AM »
How about when someone hands you a writing instrument taken from behind their ear?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

gross
Be prepared and bring your own.  WTF?  You write a check, why would I or anyone else be expected to provide you with anything? You take a shit, does Mom still wipe your ass?

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2019, 11:25:43 AM »
They shouldn't do that. Unsanitary!
Then bag your own.

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2019, 11:26:16 AM »

Then there's this fuck.  Exactly why I don't like to shake hands.

Bluejay

• Gif Ninja
  • Ellevated
  • West of the Rockies
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2019, 12:13:19 PM »

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2019, 02:28:27 PM »
Then bag your own.

In protest of the new "charge you for a bag" we got canvas bags. No spit on them! Always self pack.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2019, 09:22:21 PM »
I HATE nuts of any kind in brownies and chocolate chip cookies. Leave these wonderfully divine creations ALONE!! There's a reason we don't try to improve on the shape of the wheel.

And while we're at it leave cinnamon buns alone too!!!  You got a problem with that? Let's go..

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2019, 12:51:17 AM »
I HATE nuts of any kind in brownies and chocolate chip cookies. Leave these wonderfully divine creations ALONE!! There's a reason we don't try to improve on the shape of the wheel.

And while we're at it leave cinnamon buns alone too!!!  You got a problem with that? Let's go..
Don't start talking about Cinnabons though. You will have Flakie Falkie in here grifting for 5 buxx for a bun and a coffee. 

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2019, 12:59:04 AM »
In protest of the new "charge you for a bag" we got canvas bags. No spit on them! Always self pack.
Canvas is so durable and washable.

I suspect that w/o complimentary bags, a lot of people are going to actually pay for trash liners...

Then open the bag yourself.  You don't bag your own groceries, do you?  Cuck.
And if a grimy person puts their hands into the chips, just shut the bag, cut the bottom open, and go from there where it's clean!

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2019, 01:20:56 AM »
Don't start talking about Cinnabons though. You will have Flakie Falkie in here grifting for 5 buxx for a bun and a coffee.
@paladin1991 You know I'm right about nuts in brownies and chocolate chip cookies. It's a real crime.

Bluejay

• Gif Ninja
  • Ellevated
  • West of the Rockies
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2019, 01:29:05 AM »

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2019, 08:35:36 AM »
@paladin1991 You know I'm right about nuts in brownies and chocolate chip cookies. It's a real crime.
Even Macadamia nuts in chocolate chip cookies?