Author Topic: Tell Bart Anything  (Read 311714 times)

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
Re: Tell Bart Anything
« Reply #285 on: April 17, 2019, 03:39:46 PM »
No Mandela here, the color doesn't lie, something dark and malicious has overcome that golden KFC of halcyon days.

No "woo", strictly corporate greed monkeys imo. >:(

Things have changed since the '90s. Fast food is no longer fast or food.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
« Reply #286 on: April 17, 2019, 04:28:35 PM »
Things have changed since the '90s. Fast food is no longer fast or food.
I agree, the only answer I can derive is...Popeyes!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #287 on: April 17, 2019, 07:42:33 PM »
Bart, back when I toured with bands I remember coming home after a six month stint to find that my mom and sister had burned all my records. AC/DC, Kiss, Ozzy and sooo much more. All new vynil just up in smoke :'( That was in the 90's and I thought the burnings only happened in the 80's?? Ya' know, baptist church stuff.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #288 on: April 18, 2019, 09:01:45 AM »
Bart, back when I toured with bands I remember coming home after a six month stint to find that my mom and sister had burned all my records. AC/DC, Kiss, Ozzy and sooo much more. All new vynil just up in smoke :'( That was in the 90's and I thought the burnings only happened in the 80's?? Ya' know, baptist church stuff.

Good gravy, they went for the TAME stuff?!?!???

How did the Baptists get such a toehold up north?

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #289 on: April 18, 2019, 05:14:07 PM »
I agree, the only answer I can derive is...Popeyes!

I like it, but I still prefer the Colonel. Old yardbird habits die hard.

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #290 on: April 18, 2019, 05:17:35 PM »

The same kind of thing happened to my "childish" baseball cards and comic books just before I started high school. That was a self-inflicted wound, though.  :(

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #291 on: April 18, 2019, 05:27:58 PM »
Good gravy, they went for the TAME stuff?!?!???

How did the Baptists get such a toehold up north?

Well, being a church kid I won't knock the one I attended as I did benefit from those years and by all accounts it was a "normal" church with a lot of good people.  The word "normal" is open to ones own experience.. That said; I'm not exactly sure we have so many Baptist churches up here. Calgary has some big time congregations and man their serious as a heart attack and they don't fuck around. Not sure how it is these days as things erode and attendance may be down. We have three Baptist churches in my town of 100,000 not to mention all the other denominations. Oh, and we have a raghead/bungy place and a mosque too ;D

I think we should all fight each other. In the big picture it's inevitable.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #292 on: April 18, 2019, 09:46:54 PM »
The same kind of thing happened to my "childish" baseball cards and comic books just before I started high school. That was a self-inflicted wound, though.  :(
@Nucky Nolan  And who knows, you may have had some real gems in there.. Think about some of the original toys you had as a kid and how much they'd be worth now. I had a first release Rockem'' Sockem' robots and many others. I even had a Fonzie action figure back when all the original 13" Kiss dolls came out. Some of the stuff I had could pay off a mortgage or two even now

...the things we've lost... :'(  BIG JIM Sports Camper!!! ;D yep

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #293 on: April 19, 2019, 08:10:28 AM »
Well, being a church kid I won't knock the one I attended as I did benefit from those years and by all accounts it was a "normal" church with a lot of good people.  The word "normal" is open to ones own experience.. That said; I'm not exactly sure we have so many Baptist churches up here. Calgary has some big time congregations and man their serious as a heart attack and they don't fuck around. Not sure how it is these days as things erode and attendance may be down. We have three Baptist churches in my town of 100,000 not to mention all the other denominations. Oh, and we have a raghead/bungy place and a mosque too ;D

Iirc, Garner Ted Armstrong was a popular broadcast across Canada back in the day...religious programming like that is potent stuff.

I'm glad to hear the growing up experience for you was a positive one, however the burning of your vinyl - sacrilege!

I think we should all fight each other. In the big picture it's inevitable.

So has it ever been, eh?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #294 on: April 19, 2019, 10:18:41 AM »
Iirc, Garner Ted Armstrong was a popular broadcast across Canada back in the day...religious programming like that is potent stuff.

Garner Ted was the best. I wish he were in office! I remember a segment where he was denouncing evolution as he summarized it as "So if you load a truck up full of lumber and supplies, drop it all off at a vacant lot and return twenty years later only to find that it has miraculously constructed itself into a house?"  I saw that one as a rerun in the late 90's ;)

Incidentally that quote although not verbatim is very close to what he said.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #295 on: April 19, 2019, 10:33:58 AM »
Garner Ted was the best. I wish he were in office! I remember a segment where he was denouncing evolution as he summarized it as "So if you load a truck up full of lumber and supplies, drop it all off at a vacant lot and return twenty years later only to find that it has miraculously constructed itself into a house?"  I saw that one as a rerun in the late 90's ;)

I'll grant you this, he was among the very few televangelists who managed to keep it on the up and up.

In 1997, following accusations by a masseuse named Sue Rae Robertson. Armstrong was asked to step down as leader by the church's board of directors but "chose to resign". No charges were ever laid in relation to the alleged assault, and civil cases brought against Armstrong and the CGI were dismissed.Mr. Armstrong left CGI and founded the Intercontinental Church of God.Until his death, he was the head of his Garner Ted Armstrong Evangelistic Association, which he had established in 1978, and the Intercontinental Church of God.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garner_Ted_Armstrong

You ever listen to Gene Scott?

Happier Times are Coming

• Ellevated
  • senda is NOT lookin’ good…thinkin’ LAST season ??
« Reply #296 on: April 19, 2019, 11:42:59 AM »

I always have stated the earth contains ALL the basic building blocks for a VW Bug...
why haven’t we ever unearthed one ?
(much simpler than human life with self awareness, IMO)
...“FAT, STUPID, GASPING FOR AIR
and STEALING FROM AMISH CHARITY
  is NO WAY to go through LIFE son”
             Bishop Wormer
       LaGrange County, Indiana

Happier Times are Coming

• Ellevated
« Reply #297 on: April 19, 2019, 11:45:23 AM »
I'll grant you this, he was among the very few televangelists who managed to keep it on the up and up.

In 1997, following accusations by a masseuse named Sue Rae Robertson. Armstrong was asked to step down as leader by the church's board of directors but "chose to resign". No charges were ever laid in relation to the alleged assault, and civil cases brought against Armstrong and the CGI were dismissed.Mr. Armstrong left CGI and founded the Intercontinental Church of God.Until his death, he was the head of his Garner Ted Armstrong Evangelistic Association, which he had established in 1978, and the Intercontinental Church of God.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garner_Ted_Armstrong

You ever listen to Gene Scott?

ah, the memories...
GENE SCOTT was the inspiration for SENDA’s threatening to STOP his YouTube productions UNLESS HE GOT “DONATIONS” !
             Bishop Wormer
       LaGrange County, Indiana

Happier Times are Coming

• Ellevated
« Reply #298 on: April 19, 2019, 11:50:39 AM »
OMG...
at least your Mommy DIDN’T THROW THEM OUT !
(like SENDA’s Mommy did)
OR you DIDN’T LOOSE THEM IN A FIRE !
(like SENDA)
OR you DIDN’T LOOSE THEM IN STORAGE UNIT cleaned out for NON PAYMENT !
(like SENDA)
             Bishop Wormer
       LaGrange County, Indiana

Ghost BEP

• Ghosted
  • Ellightened
  • It’s my Woo Show and Jim can cry if he wants to.
« Reply #299 on: April 19, 2019, 12:43:52 PM »
I like it, but I still prefer the Colonel. Old yardbird habits die hard.

Church’s has the best fast food yard bird in the land. Unfortunately where I live you have to drive deep into the hood to acquire some. Now that’s good chicken!

Be wary of phony kleptos with bovine spongiform encephalopathy.