Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 274733 times)

anniem

• Ellevated
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #690 on: April 12, 2019, 08:06:21 PM »
wired ones, especially those people who just wear them most of the time, can cause inflammation and possible cancerous tumors in the brain near where the headsets sat.

Egads!

In general, it's better to use a wired headset with cellphones, and not to carry them on your body, either, for the same reasons... tumors are more frequent at sites where cellphones are carried a lot in contact with the body. I really worry especially about men who carry them in their back pockets all the time, or in a pouch or directly on their belts. Convenient, maybe, but not a good idea. The phone should ideally be at least a few inches away from your body (which is why you're better to use a wired headset than hold the phone to your ear a lot, also).
I'll bet you didn't expect a term paper on that now, did you? But those are my thoughts on this.

I always like to hear what you say.

As for blue teeth, interesting as that concept is, I think I'll pass. It's too biting a concept for me to deal with at this time.  ;D
P.S. I finally just remembered the brand of the old cell phone headsets that had the earpieces that worked for me: Jabra. Probably out of business, I'm guessing?

Seems slightly familiar. Before the blueteeths I liked headphones that "clipped" over the ear. I'm fussy I think.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #691 on: April 12, 2019, 08:07:39 PM »
Yes, the @CptCrisp does not need to have an MRI on his peg leg. A new "tap" on the bottom after a while, perhaps, but no MRI needed.  8)

Peg leg would provide some sneaky storage.

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #692 on: April 12, 2019, 08:09:39 PM »
Ive got a friend across the street that has been complaining about a gout flare up. I’ll have to pass along that info to her.

Gout is much more rare in women then in men, but lucky me! My Dad and brother had gout issues, and I got a horrible flare-up about 10 years ago that was the most painful thing I have ever experienced other than surgery for Crohn's, and the gout was worse because it took a full week to calm down! And yes, I used tart cherry juice and an herb, maybe black cohosh? not sure, but they sure helped a lot. There is no good Rx for gout, really the cherry juice is the way to go. For me, the tart stuff was much better, but whatever works... just make sure sure sure it has no added sugar, that will keep the inflammation going. Also knock off the alcohol and sugary foods till the gout subsides, in olden times it was called "the rich man's disease" because more wealthy men with rich diets were the ones who got it most often.

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #693 on: April 12, 2019, 08:13:54 PM »
Gout is much more rare in women then in men, but lucky me! My Dad and brother had gout issues, and I got a horrible flare-up about 10 years ago that was the most painful thing I have ever experienced other than surgery for Crohn's, and the gout was worse because it took a full week to calm down! And yes, I used tart cherry juice and an herb, maybe black cohosh? not sure, but they sure helped a lot. There is no good Rx for gout, really the cherry juice is the way to go. For me, the tart stuff was much better, but whatever works... just make sure sure sure it has no added sugar, that will keep the inflammation going. Also knock off the alcohol and sugary foods till the gout subsides, in olden times it was called "the rich man's disease" because more wealthy men with rich diets were the ones who got it most often.

I think shellfish can aggravate gout as well. Shrimp is a no no for the people I know of with gout.
Are we having fun yet?

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #694 on: April 12, 2019, 09:48:35 PM »
Radiowaves buzz around you whether or not something is there to receive them. The antenna in blue tooth headsets just picks up what is present. It doesn’t attract it like a magnet.

More likely to get an ear infection from always having earbuds in your ears.

People who wear bluetooth earpieces all day have their phones with them too, usually on their body. Otherwise, why wear a bluetooth earpiece if you're not going to use it with the phone? It picks up the close-by phone radiowaves whether you're talking or not.

I never have earbuds in unless I am actually on the cell phone during the day, and I take the ones that help me fall asleep out just as I'm drifting off, years-long habit doncha know.

Don't be such a smarty pants!  ;D ;D ;D And enjoy your tipi ceremony!  ;)
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #695 on: April 12, 2019, 09:51:08 PM »
Egads!

I always like to hear what you say.

(blushing)  Thanks! Back atcha!

Seems slightly familiar. Before the blueteeths I liked headphones that "clipped" over the ear. I'm fussy I think.

Well, so am I then. Small ear canals and fussy, I think we've got something going here for traits that signify exceptional people, don't you?  8)

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #696 on: April 12, 2019, 10:38:53 PM »
(blushing)  Thanks! Back atcha!

Well, so am I then. Small ear canals and fussy, I think we've got something going here for traits that signify exceptional people, don't you?  8)

I do. Yes.  ;D

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #697 on: April 12, 2019, 10:53:25 PM »
"From the High Desert...I bid you all good evening, good morning, good afternoon, wherever you may be at this great land of ours, at whatever time you are -...I'm Art Bell, and I'm happy to be here and we've got a full night tonight...."

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #698 on: April 13, 2019, 05:28:41 AM »
The Quickening is right.
The last year just flew by.

Have a shot of Pizza Punch for The Art.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #699 on: April 13, 2019, 07:18:16 AM »
The Quickening is right.
The last year just flew by.

Have a shot of Pizza Punch for The Art.
I can not believe how fast last year flew by me.
Not sure what is Pizza Punch.
I have a bottle of Caribou in my refrigerator. So I will have a shot of Caribou for Art.

https://www.saq.com/page/fr/saqcom/boisson-alcoolisee/caribou/10330214?selectedIndex=1&searchContextId=-100213101527910

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #700 on: April 13, 2019, 07:33:43 AM »
“without further goodbyes” to Art Bell.
How will I remember this legendary radio host this weekend?
I enjoyed Phil Hendrie doing his Art Bell Coast to Coast impersonations. Now, I am listening to @DaveScottSOR 's April 12/19 - Art Bell Tribute Show. I will listen to the replay of The Little Podcast That Did. I am counting on you @wr250 . Tonight, I plan to listen to @SpookyTim 's show. Tommorrow? I am looking forward to "BART ELL DELIVERS THE WOO"

https://twitter.com/bart_ell/status/1116472121180459010

Jayzelady

• Ellevated
  • Look out, choc bunny. Your ears will soon be mine!
« Reply #701 on: April 13, 2019, 07:37:44 AM »
Rest In Peace, Art....and thanks for the memories and long nights of paranormal perfection.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
« Reply #702 on: April 13, 2019, 10:25:05 AM »
I still have an old Aiwa pair (blue, of course!  ;)) with the neck band style, I liked them. Earbuds NEVER stay in my ears, I don't care how many alternate rubber tips they offer, they are all too big and just don't stay in. I have a cheapo boom mike type that hangs over my ear and has a mike in front of my mouth to use when driving (I am not a fan of bluetooth and it's waves doncha know), and that works just fine.

You're smart to eschew bluetooth at close range, especially head range.

I believe these old style Radio Shack foam tips can be used over traditional ear buds too.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I find they sit well in the outer ear canal and allow ambient room activity to be heard while still listening comfortably.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #703 on: April 13, 2019, 10:30:59 AM »
AH, this was the message I wanted to get back to. My Dad also had a great sense of humor. There were ongoing jokes we had and he comes to mind when something he would have had a response to comes up.  Those sound like the things you describe as memories that pop up. We were all also taught to always do our best. My mother told us that when they got married and started to have kids they decided that they wanted to have fun with us, not living in a strict ways loaded with rules. There was one rule mainly. "We are known in town, do not embarrass us."

Sounds like a derivative of ye olde "golden rule" - no bad thing. :)

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #704 on: April 13, 2019, 10:31:52 AM »
I like them. Earbuds just are never comfortable. I wonder if it is because I have small ear canals, or so the ENT doc said they were small. I can hear very well. There was ONE pair of ear buds that were terrific, they were comfortable sennheisers that had a great sound. The ear buds now seem to seal up your ears and I don't like that at all.
I hate that, makes me hear my heart beating, almost like swimmer's silicone plugs. :-\