Author Topic: The NHL Thread  (Read 303143 times)

ShayP

• Ellevated
Re: The NHL Thread
« Reply #120 on: November 09, 2018, 06:44:38 PM »
And where the fuck is ShayP?   

I'm still alive man.  Just busy and figuring shit out.  ;)

Cheers!   8)

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
  • My favorite breed is Rescue
« Reply #121 on: November 09, 2018, 08:01:44 PM »
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl/senators-ban-ottawa-citizen-reporter-from-team-charter-after-uber-scandal/ar-BBPwPON?ocid=spartandhp

Loose lips
"...the club banned longtime reporter Ken Warren from the team's charter..." Is Ken Warren related to CNN's Jim Acosta?  :D

HumanBeing

• Elluminati
« Reply #122 on: November 15, 2018, 04:08:43 PM »
 :D Man Mountain. There's talk he will return 23rd of 24th of this month.

https://twitter.com/inMBwetrust/status/1063148827106922496

HumanBeing

• Elluminati
« Reply #123 on: November 17, 2018, 06:07:50 AM »
 ::) Ottawa Senators have been a public relations nightmare the last two seasons and in reality for a while longer due to a dip in attendance, arena location, their owner's behavior, possible relocation of team, possible sale of franchise, Erik Karlsson pending UFA situation, trading Karlsson, Mike Hoffman's significant other allegedly harassing Erik Karlsson's wife online and even being nasty when Karlsson's wife had a miscarriage, the Uber video situation and on and on and on hahaha

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/how-a-collection-of-apparently-fake-twitter-accounts-launched-a-troll-campaign-to-support-the-ottawa-senators

HumanBeing

• Elluminati
« Reply #124 on: November 17, 2018, 10:35:34 AM »
Jack Edwards.
Can he be more biased? I'm sure if the camera panned up he'd be wearing a Bruins jersey hahahaha

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #125 on: November 17, 2018, 03:50:15 PM »
::) Ottawa Senators have been a public relations nightmare the last two seasons and in reality for a while longer due to a dip in attendance, arena location, their owner's behavior, possible relocation of team, possible sale of franchise, Erik Karlsson pending UFA situation, trading Karlsson, Mike Hoffman's significant other allegedly harassing Erik Karlsson's wife online and even being nasty when Karlsson's wife had a miscarriage, the Uber video situation and on and on and on hahaha

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/how-a-collection-of-apparently-fake-twitter-accounts-launched-a-troll-campaign-to-support-the-ottawa-senators
Only thing left for them to do is start scoring on themselves. Whatta trainwreck

TacoBell

• Elluminati
  • Oh shit, a bee
« Reply #126 on: November 19, 2018, 08:55:03 PM »
Hard to believe Blackhawks fired Q.

This still rustles my jimmies.

He was at the Bears game yesterday doing shot-skis with fans in the parking lot.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #127 on: November 19, 2018, 11:15:31 PM »

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #128 on: November 19, 2018, 11:33:36 PM »

Yeah, his spidey senses operating on all thrusters. Price, BC boy.

HumanBeing

• Elluminati
« Reply #129 on: November 20, 2018, 12:05:45 AM »
Habs and Caps tonight was a sloppy game of sorts but it was a shit ton of fun to watch.

Price made some incredible saves tonight. Ohhh babyy!!!
I am hoping he can maintain this form because with the current state of affairs on defense they'll need it  ;D

Canadiens really need to get 1 if not 2 quality Dmen.
Benn and Schlemko are 6th Dmen at best and Ouellett is a 7th right now the way he's played. Ouellett is mobile but he doesn't read and react that well on the ice.
I had kind of hoped they would have given Simon Depres a longer look. It was a very small sample size of games during the preseason but I thought he brought enough tools to the table to stay in the stable of Dmen. He's 27 as well and that's when Dmen usually round into form. 

I think they plan on pairing Reilly on the left side with Weber, once he returns.
Trade for a #3 or #4 Defenseman so he can play with Petry as the 2nd pair.
Then have Mete - Juulsen as the 3rd pair. They both have great upside but would benefit at this point in their careers at playing as the 3rd pairing.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Yeah right... Habs finally built up the prospect cupboard this off season so they aren't a laughing stock and they also have a few guys from previous drafts who are developing decently (Jake Evans, Josh Brook, Ryan Poehling) and now they'll blow their wad going after Panarin? Would be awesome to see him in Habs jersey but that asking price must be steep.

But Montreal was one of he final teams Panarin considered before he signed with Chicago. So who knows. It seems like Panarin really wants to be in a market where his model girlfriend has a lot of opportunities. I'm not brushed up on what Montreal would offer in that regards, but I hear Chez Parée might hire her  :P

HumanBeing

• Elluminati
« Reply #130 on: November 20, 2018, 02:43:16 PM »
Sweet Lord hahaha Ken Hitchcock comes out of retirement and is the new coach of the Oilers.
This will either be fantastic for them or a disaster.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #131 on: November 20, 2018, 05:13:58 PM »
Sweet Lord hahaha Ken Hitchcock comes out of retirement and is the new coach of the Oilers.
This will either be fantastic for them or a disaster.

Holy mother of pearl I didn't see that one coming. Until the O's get some proper goaltending and defensemen, the song remains the same so says I.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #132 on: November 21, 2018, 03:19:16 PM »
I think they plan on pairing Reilly on the left side with Weber, once he returns.

Reilly has become Beaulieu 2.0 in the last 2 weeks but Weber may be the cure to his recent brainfarting style.

HumanBeing

• Elluminati
« Reply #133 on: November 21, 2018, 08:15:12 PM »
Reilly has become Beaulieu 2.0 in the last 2 weeks but Weber may be the cure to his recent brainfarting style.

Defense looked real bad tonight versus the Devils. Too many errors and simply not getting the puck out of the zone.

You know its bad when Benn is paired with Petry on the 1st pairing.
Ouellet's decision making is brutal. I would have rather them put Alzner tonight even though the Devils are a fast team.

Maybe once Weber gets back the defense will slot into better roles and ice time. If not, weeeew it is going to be very stinky on the back end (pun intended).