Author Topic: The NHL Thread  (Read 302974 times)

TacoBell

• Elluminati
  • Oh shit, a bee
Re: The NHL Thread
« Reply #150 on: November 26, 2018, 10:48:46 PM »
Habs and Caps tonight was a sloppy game of sorts but it was a shit ton of fun to watch.

Price made some incredible saves tonight. Ohhh babyy!!!
I am hoping he can maintain this form because with the current state of affairs on defense they'll need it  ;D

Canadiens really need to get 1 if not 2 quality Dmen.
Benn and Schlemko are 6th Dmen at best and Ouellett is a 7th right now the way he's played. Ouellett is mobile but he doesn't read and react that well on the ice.
I had kind of hoped they would have given Simon Depres a longer look. It was a very small sample size of games during the preseason but I thought he brought enough tools to the table to stay in the stable of Dmen. He's 27 as well and that's when Dmen usually round into form. 

I think they plan on pairing Reilly on the left side with Weber, once he returns.
Trade for a #3 or #4 Defenseman so he can play with Petry as the 2nd pair.
Then have Mete - Juulsen as the 3rd pair. They both have great upside but would benefit at this point in their careers at playing as the 3rd pairing.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Yeah right... Habs finally built up the prospect cupboard this off season so they aren't a laughing stock and they also have a few guys from previous drafts who are developing decently (Jake Evans, Josh Brook, Ryan Poehling) and now they'll blow their wad going after Panarin? Would be awesome to see him in Habs jersey but that asking price must be steep.

But Montreal was one of he final teams Panarin considered before he signed with Chicago. So who knows. It seems like Panarin really wants to be in a market where his model girlfriend has a lot of opportunities. I'm not brushed up on what Montreal would offer in that regards, but I hear Chez Parée might hire her  :P

Breadman will end up back in chicago eventually...not sure how on the financial sheet, but it will happen.

HumanBeing

• Elluminati
« Reply #151 on: November 27, 2018, 03:24:18 PM »
Right again Bartstradamus!
I can't take much credit for this one, it was pretty obvious it would be the move to make room for Weber.

https://twitter.com/EricEngels/status/1067088806136942597

Breathing diesel fumes and eating greasy fast food. The life of Alzner.

Je suis surexcité!!

HumanBeing

• Elluminati
« Reply #152 on: November 27, 2018, 03:28:20 PM »
Breadman will end up back in chicago eventually...not sure how on the financial sheet, but it will happen.

Perhaps. When that trade first happened it looked ok. But Saad has really become sad the past while.
He is starting to play better lately but Panarin with Kane was dynamite.

Also Panarin has supposedly said he wants to go to a city that will provide a lot of modelling opportunities for his girlfriend.
I'm not sure Chicago fits that criteria.

I do like that risky trade Chicago made the other day.
It will be interesting to see if Dylan Strome can get his shit together or is he just like his brother Ryan who also can't seem to live up to expectations.

TacoBell

• Elluminati
  • Oh shit, a bee
« Reply #153 on: November 27, 2018, 09:18:40 PM »
Perhaps. When that trade first happened it looked ok. But Saad has really become sad the past while.
He is starting to play better lately but Panarin with Kane was dynamite.

Also Panarin has supposedly said he wants to go to a city that will provide a lot of modelling opportunities for his girlfriend.
I'm not sure Chicago fits that criteria.

I do like that risky trade Chicago made the other day.
It will be interesting to see if Dylan Strome can get his shit together or is he just like his brother Ryan who also can't seem to live up to expectations.

Schmaltz was gone after this season...will miss the guy, but the team is already garbage, so why not...
Waxed against the Knights tonight. Ouch.

HumanBeing

• Elluminati
« Reply #154 on: November 28, 2018, 09:53:53 AM »
Schmaltz was gone after this season...will miss the guy, but the team is already garbage, so why not...
Waxed against the Knights tonight. Ouch.

Well Toews is having a solid offensive year. They also got Kane  :D
I only seen the highlights but hey Strome got 2 pts. Now Perlini is going to get a shot with Saad and Toews.
This trade could be an absolute steal if both players live up to expectations.

Vegas are starting to play better lately.
Reilly Smith is playing better and he's a real swiss army knife type player. Pacioretty has awoke. Fleury doing his thing while grinning a mouthful of chiclets. Nate Schmidt is back and Alex Tuch is on fire.

HumanBeing

• Elluminati
« Reply #155 on: November 29, 2018, 06:01:23 AM »

HumanBeing

• Elluminati
« Reply #156 on: November 29, 2018, 07:43:33 PM »

HumanBeing

• Elluminati
« Reply #157 on: November 29, 2018, 07:46:04 PM »

HumanBeing

• Elluminati
« Reply #158 on: November 29, 2018, 07:51:34 PM »

HumanBeing

• Elluminati
« Reply #159 on: December 01, 2018, 07:40:22 PM »
Good stuff indeed.

Enard P Farkwark

• Full of It
  • KNYE
  • Something something danger zone.
« Reply #160 on: December 01, 2018, 07:47:08 PM »
Had 10 game per season tickets to the Stars while living in Dallas for a couple years.  The NHL is absolutely my favorite of the major sports to watch in person. 

I get the impression NHL fans tend to appreciate good talent regardless of what bench it’s sitting on. Saw Jaromir Jagr play in Dallas I think last year or the year before.  Got a standing ovation when he scored if I recall correctly. Can’t remember what milestone that represented precisely but the dude definitely showed that experience can counter youthful exuberance in many ways. 
Babu!!!!

HumanBeing

• Elluminati
« Reply #161 on: December 01, 2018, 07:55:30 PM »
Had 10 game per season tickets to the Stars while living in Dallas for a couple years.  The NHL is absolutely my favorite of the major sports to watch in person. 

I get the impression NHL fans tend to appreciate good talent regardless of what bench it’s sitting on. Saw Jaromir Jagr play in Dallas I think last year or the year before.  Got a standing ovation when he scored if I recall correctly. Can’t remember what milestone that represented precisely but the dude definitely showed that experience can counter youthful exuberance in many ways.

That had to be fun to also watch Jamie Benn and Tyler Seguin.

It was quite the feat of athleticism from Jagr for him to play at the level he did for so long. His work ethic and off ice conditioning was legendary.
He had his own keys to the Pittsburgh rink and other rinks of teams he played for so he could work out and skate at all hours of the day and night.

For sure, that's more often the case that fans of hockey can appreciate the talent and skill of all players.
I can even appreciate some of the Leafs players  ;D even though I despise the 'team'.

HumanBeing

• Elluminati
« Reply #162 on: December 02, 2018, 09:18:28 PM »

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #164 on: December 03, 2018, 05:45:52 PM »
Good stuff indeed.

I was in Montreal for the 2 weekend games. You would never have guessed he missed a full year.