Author Topic: The NHL Thread  (Read 303146 times)

albrecht

• Ellightened
Re: The NHL Thread
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2018, 01:53:35 PM »
20 game suspension for Wilson! Before the season even starts. That's old-time hockey in a league that wants to make the game figure skating.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2018, 04:12:37 PM »
20 game suspension for Wilson! Before the season even starts. That's old-time hockey in a league that wants to make the game figure skating.

Gretzky had his glory years in a league that was like figure skating mixed in with enforcers.  Unlike Mario Lemieux who dealt with (in his prime) the more physical clutching and grabbing league.  ;)  Regardless...Wilson is a head-hunting piece of shit and I think the Caps' Cup win has you pretty ultra-confident.  :D   Cheers albrecht!   8)  This season will be a good one.  :)

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2018, 04:33:05 PM »
Gretzky had his glory years in a league that was like figure skating mixed in with enforcers.  Unlike Mario Lemieux who dealt with (in his prime) the more physical clutching and grabbing league.  ;)  Regardless...Wilson is a head-hunting piece of shit and I think the Caps' Cup win has you pretty ultra-confident.  :D   Cheers albrecht!   8)  This season will be a good one.  :)
It is a long season but I feel better that Caps, finally, won one. That takes some pressure off. Great season is starting. October is best month. Baseball gets serious, hockey starts, college FB going, and gets cooler. And Halloween n scary movies on etc. My teams are Caps n Stars.
Go Caps! Go Stars! Go TX Stars! (AHL)

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
  • My favorite breed is Rescue
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2018, 04:34:55 PM »
Also sounds like the NFL

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2018, 04:53:03 PM »
Also sounds like the NFL
And baseball.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2018, 06:08:05 PM »
Remember Marty Mcsorley?? Goon of goons at one time. His entire heads would actually turn red as smoke would billow from his ears and nostrils. He was indeed, da' man. His glory days were with the Oilers back when all they did was win, and win some more.  We might need a brawl thread...…………. ;D

Akwilly

• KIDD
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2018, 06:56:09 PM »
Dang it's good to hear Doc!!!!

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2018, 06:57:56 PM »

and good to see Willy around. 

Akwilly

• KIDD
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2018, 07:00:15 PM »
You too buddy

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2018, 07:03:04 PM »

Hey Willy good to see you around.
Are we having fun yet?

Akwilly

• KIDD
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2018, 07:21:27 PM »
Hey Willy good to see you around.
You too gravity. I will try to pop in more often now that I see some familiar names around.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2018, 07:23:03 PM »
Wow, I almost felt bad for the Bruins. Nice way to start the season Caps! Got to work on fighting skills though, Eller.  ;)  Nice domination and shut-out though!

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2018, 05:53:14 AM »
Remember Marty Mcsorley??

Oh yeah.  Started off as a Pen and was traded with a couple others for a crappy washed up goaltender to help our already crappy washed up crew of goaltenders.   >:(

Then years later was reacquired as a rental, then traded back again to the same team for the same player the Pens initially gave for him up, plus others. 

Two things are certain.  McSorley was a monster and the Penguins made some weird trades over the years.

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
  • My favorite breed is Rescue
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2018, 01:39:34 PM »
Not bad for an NHL emergency goalie debut:

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2018, 02:22:17 PM »
Not bad for an NHL emergency goalie debut:

Yes, that was so friggin awesome. Also remember a few years back when some "black guy" accidently discoverd hockey and started tweeting about it? So hilarious. As were these times. The guy that falls into the box with Tie Domi. Ouch, but could've been much, much worse!

My favorite was:

The goalie just said Fuck it and left?

— Tony X. (@soIoucity) April 26, 2016

https://dailycaller.com/2016/04/26/black-guy-discovers-playoff-hockey-hilariously-live-tweets-his-experience/