Author Topic: The 100 Years Ago Thread  (Read 1460950 times)

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
Re: The 100 Years Ago Thread
« Reply #1830 on: August 12, 2019, 04:07:13 PM »
8)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Your magic 8 ball worked good.  You very nearly got a third point on the missing soldier, but unfortunately Liz didn't bring up discharged soldiers, but still, the 8 ball was right.  Soldiers were being discharged all over the place after the war ended.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #1831 on: August 12, 2019, 04:12:53 PM »

Your magic 8 ball worked good.  You very nearly got a third point on the missing soldier, but unfortunately Liz didn't bring up discharged soldiers, but still, the 8 ball was right.  Soldiers were being discharged all over the place after the war ended.
Does Mrs. Thompson have a magic 8 ball?

Mr Apnea

• Ellevated
« Reply #1832 on: August 12, 2019, 05:52:13 PM »
Thank you @Bart Ell, @juan, @Walks_At_Night, @Mr Apnea, @BartEllProducer, @GravitySucks, @StarrMountain, @Starbuck Twitch and @FISH, for playing the What Will Mrs. Thompson Say? game.  Here are her answers:

Mrs. Thompson says, "Don't tell your daughter that you read her love letter." and  "As a mom, you can't prevent an 18 year old daughter from discovering love, so let nature take it's course."

For the missing soldier, she advised checking with the War Department & Red Cross.  The soldier must have received the letters, as they weren't sent back.  This was kind of a 'you had to be there' question but still, Walks At Night and Gravity Sucks mentioned contacting the War Department so they each get an extra point.

Yeah,  like I said,  "The whatcha ma call it agency"

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #1833 on: August 12, 2019, 06:55:23 PM »
Does Mrs. Thompson have a magic 8 ball?

No, I don't know how she does it but she uses a plain deck of cards (not Tarot cards) to tell fortunes.  She wants to read my palms but I won't allow her to do it.  (The only person to have ever read my palms literally got up from her chair and ran out of the room, screaming.)

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #1834 on: August 12, 2019, 06:59:19 PM »
                          From the Richmond Palladium and Sun-Telegram, August 12, 1919.

Indiana News Brevities

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #1835 on: August 12, 2019, 07:08:25 PM »
                                      From the Library of Congress, 1919.

What Will Mrs. Thompson Say?

Feel free to offer Gray Eyes some advice and answer the two questions, for a chance at winning a total of three points.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #1836 on: August 12, 2019, 07:15:08 PM »

Feel free to offer Gray Eyes some advice and answer the two questions, for a chance at winning a total of three points.

Nice men with an auto that have not been damaged by the war are a good find. Invest time in him and you will be rewarded. No need to answer the letters but if you feel the need a simple postcard stating you are not interested is fine. They are probably from Bellgab anyways.

You should drop out of the exchange but you can join ellgab in July 2018 if you have a cat.
Are we having fun yet?

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #1837 on: August 12, 2019, 07:17:19 PM »
Dear Gray Eyes,

1.  Correct - As the gentleman took time to write you, you should write back.  Explain the situation and tell them you are no longer interested and wish them well.
2. Correct - Drop out of the exchange and see how things go with the fellah with car.  You can always rejoin later.

Best wishes.

Mrs. T.

P.S.  If the car is a Duesenberg - marry the chap on the spot.  He has class.

Mr Apnea

• Ellevated
« Reply #1838 on: August 12, 2019, 07:59:02 PM »

Go for the guy with the auto.  No bad habits, take it.

1. Don't correspond with anyone else
2. Drop out

Starbuck Twitch

• KDWN
« Reply #1839 on: August 13, 2019, 01:21:36 AM »

Of course it's unfair to this guy you claim to love for you to keep writing to other men, too.

1. Don't answer the letters.

2. Yes, drop out of the exchange.

Some commentary from Starbuck Twitch: I don't understand people.  This chick says that it's wrong for her to write to other men while she has this guy that she supposedly loves, yet she still needs Mrs. Thompson's opinion?  (That means "Pleeeeeease tell me I'm wrong!")  Then she wants Mrs. T's permission to write to these guys to tell them that she can't write to them anymore.  What kind of sense does that make?  Then, for the coup de grace, she isn't sure if she should stop soliciting still MORE letters from other men!

I hope the poor guy "Gray Eyes" is dating runs the other way, fast.  She doesn't seem to be too terribly interested in him, and is actually more concerned about the letter-writers.  If she really liked this guy, she'd have dropped them like the proverbial hot potato.  It's obvious to me that GE doesn't really want to give up the exchange clubs.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1840 on: August 13, 2019, 03:47:36 AM »
No, I don't know how she does it but she uses a plain deck of cards (not Tarot cards) to tell fortunes.  She wants to read my palms but I won't allow her to do it.  (The only person to have ever read my palms literally got up from her chair and ran out of the room, screaming.)
Just like you, I admire Mrs. T. I did not know how she “does it”. All Those letters from unbetrothed maidens, blackhead suffers and worried mothers must take a toll on Mrs. T.
Mrs. Elizabeth Thompson and Mrs. Lydia Pinkham bring great comfort to these hysterical worried readers during these trying times.
I do not want to get too personal @Rikki Gins  . However, you may want to shave the palm of your hands.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1841 on: August 13, 2019, 03:52:15 AM »
                          From the Richmond Palladium and Sun-Telegram, August 12, 1919.

Indiana News Brevities

Why not 65 neckties?
RIP Mr. Heise.
It is for the best that he is no longer teaching.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #1842 on: August 13, 2019, 03:59:12 AM »
Dear Gray Eyes,
1. If you truly care for this man, and he returns your affections, it would be unfair for you to correspond with the other men.
2. It would be polite for you to answer these men with a brief note telling them you are no longer interested.
3. If he has a car he has a job and a salary. Grab him. And drop out of the exchanges.

If you do not wish to reply to the exchange men, please send me their names and addresses, and I will get in touch with them. This Rikki Gins is a strange bird. Last night he was talking about radio with pictures and something about 19.5.
Merry Christmas

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1843 on: August 13, 2019, 04:17:10 AM »
I read GREY GRAY EYES’s letter and the replies from the EllGabers.
Gravity really? BellGab? My cat and I are so disappointed in you.
WAN Duesenberg is the most expensive American car ever sold at auction. It sold for $22 million. ;)
Commentary from Starbuck Twitch—“RIGHT ON!”
I think Mr. A. is correct.
I have to find my magic 8 ball since this is a 3 pointer.
NEWS ALERT-This Rikki Gins is a strange bird. (thanks @juan ).

Ghost BEP

• Ghosted
  • Ellightened
  • It’s my Woo Show and Jim can cry if he wants to.
« Reply #1844 on: August 13, 2019, 04:23:54 AM »

1. I think you’re enjoying the attention of being on 1919’s version of Plenty of Hoes. If he thinks you two are an item then of course it’s unfair to him yah floozy.   

2. It would be the nice thing to do.

3. If you “love” the guy then why ask in the first place? You should already know the answer is yes.

Should change her name to Validation Fisher. 

Be wary of phony kleptos with bovine spongiform encephalopathy.