Author Topic: Tell Bart Anything  (Read 311872 times)

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
Re: Tell Bart Anything
« Reply #255 on: February 18, 2019, 07:14:02 PM »
Welcome back! You were missed!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

PEACH TITTIES!

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #256 on: March 13, 2019, 07:30:29 PM »
Bart, was really hungry after I left the job today so I decided to break down and hit a drive thru for a burger on the way home. I opened the wrapper and discovered the long wide pickle garnishing the top of the bun. I don't like pickles on some burgers so I removed it and placed it on my lap..  I don't know what happened but when I arrived home I couldn't find the pickle.. anywhere! Normally this wouldn't be a big deal but being that my truck is in being re-wrapped I was driving my wife's truck and now there's a rogue pickle in there.  8)

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #257 on: March 13, 2019, 09:33:27 PM »
now there's a rogue pickle in there.  8)

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
« Reply #258 on: March 14, 2019, 04:35:00 PM »
Bart, was really hungry after I left the job today so I decided to break down and hit a drive thru for a burger on the way home. I opened the wrapper and discovered the long wide pickle garnishing the top of the bun. I don't like pickles on some burgers so I removed it and placed it on my lap..  I don't know what happened but when I arrived home I couldn't find the pickle.. anywhere! Normally this wouldn't be a big deal but being that my truck is in being re-wrapped I was driving my wife's truck and now there's a rogue pickle in there.  8)

Lol, better call Ira - he's a pickle-meister.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #259 on: March 14, 2019, 07:25:13 PM »
Lol, better call Ira - he's a pickle-meister.
Hehe  She found it, it had slid into the little compartment on the inside of the door. Was sitting nice and soggy like on her company spreadsheet thingy ;D

I'm laughing, she's not. These are the deep things that can really put a marriage to the ultimate test! ;D ;D

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #260 on: March 14, 2019, 09:41:48 PM »
Hehe  She found it, it had slid into the little compartment on the inside of the door. Was sitting nice and soggy like on her company spreadsheet thingy ;D

I'm laughing, she's not. These are the deep things that can really put a marriage to the ultimate test! ;D ;D

I'm guessing lunch at Chick-Fil-A is out for some good time... ::)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #261 on: March 14, 2019, 11:29:20 PM »
lunch at Chick-Fil-A ...
I wish!! That is the one-- Fast-Food-- place that has not made its way north o' the border. I don't care what their political leanings are and BTW I might just happen to agree with them...….. either way, I want a chicken sandwich.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #262 on: March 15, 2019, 07:54:39 AM »
I wish!! That is the one-- Fast-Food-- place that has not made its way north o' the border. I don't care what their political leanings are and BTW I might just happen to agree with them...….. either way, I want a chicken sandwich.

So is there any Canadian chain up that way that does a fried chicken sammich with sliced pickles on it?

They're really one fast food outlet that lives up to billing.

Of course KFC has their version too, but the taste is far different.

Possibly because it's over-fried and swimming in Mayo unlike CFA's version:

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #263 on: March 15, 2019, 09:35:54 PM »
So is there any Canadian chain up that way that does a fried chicken sammich with sliced pickles on it?

They're really one fast food outlet that lives up to billing.

Of course KFC has their version too, but the taste is far different.

Possibly because it's over-fried and swimming in Mayo unlike CFA's version:

I know there are, but I'll be dammed if I know which ones. On the somewhat rare occasion that we're doing fast food stuffings I'm getting a beef burger and she's requesting something insane that will have the confused pimply faced lil shits in the back saucing her up with spit, snot, or worse :o    I swear, KFC is not what it used to be decades ago :'(  The pieces these days are much smaller and the breading/KFC coating seems much different.

Ya got me all hungry

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #264 on: March 15, 2019, 09:41:47 PM »
I know there are, but I'll be dammed if I know which ones. On the somewhat rare occasion that we're doing fast food stuffings I'm getting a beef burger and she's requesting something insane that will have the confused pimply faced lil shits in the back saucing her up with spit, snot, or worse :o    I swear, KFC is not what it used to be decades ago :'(  The pieces these days are much smaller and the breading/KFC coating seems much different.

Ya got me all hungry

My theory is that chickens have been evolving so that they don’t taste as good. Self-defense mechanism.
Are we having fun yet?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #265 on: March 15, 2019, 09:53:04 PM »
My theory is that chickens have been evolving so that they don’t taste as good. Self-defense mechanism.
Well now you're just being silly. The whole bird I bought home last Sunday was plump and naturally juicy. Didn't even have to brine

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #266 on: March 15, 2019, 09:55:47 PM »
Well now you're just being silly. The whole bird I bought home last Sunday was plump and naturally juicy. Didn't even have to brine

Juicy is good, but did it actually have flavor like the ones we used to eat in the 60’s or did you have to add a bunch of seasoning?  If it was flavorful, you are a lucky man. So much flavor has been bred out of chickens and pork (not to mention tomatoes).
Are we having fun yet?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #267 on: March 15, 2019, 10:52:40 PM »
Juicy is good, but did it actually have flavor like the ones we used to eat in the 60’s or did you have to add a bunch of seasoning?  If it was flavorful, you are a lucky man. So much flavor has been bred out of chickens and pork (not to mention tomatoes).
I think you may have me with that one. Yeah... I season the bird inside and out stuffing it with herbs and a little lemon or whatever. Sigh  perhaps you're right in that what we had for dinner was a well seasoned meat thing that happened to taste a bit like, chicken :-\  The tomatoes we grow in the yard throughout the summer have flavor just can't be found at the grocery store. I wasn't alive in the 60's but I was a small child on the farm in the 70's with our own in yard eats and yes!! That farm had real, natural flavor just the way God made it.  My wife makes the best ham in the world. It really is what I remember as a child.

But yep, you're right.  Washing machines ETC ain't what they used to be either but that's a whole other thread.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #268 on: March 15, 2019, 11:24:57 PM »
I think you may have me with that one. Yeah... I season the bird inside and out stuffing it with herbs and a little lemon or whatever. Sigh  perhaps you're right in that what we had for dinner was a well seasoned meat thing that happened to taste a bit like, chicken :-\  The tomatoes we grow in the yard throughout the summer have flavor just can't be found at the grocery store. I wasn't alive in the 60's but I was a small child on the farm in the 70's with our own in yard eats and yes!! That farm had real, natural flavor just the way God made it.  My wife makes the best ham in the world. It really is what I remember as a child.

But yep, you're right.  Washing machines ETC ain't what they used to be either but that's a whole other thread.

My daughter was in FFA in HS and raised 2 pigs, 32 chickens and a MaineAnjou heifer she had bred resulting in a bull calf. She coddled these animals and loved them and I know exactly how well they were treated and everything they ate.

I bought one of her pigs that didn’t sell at auction and half of her chickens. They were all slaughtered and processed properly.

Even with knowing the history I did not enjoy the taste of the pork or chicken. It was basically flavorless due to the nature of what genetics have been forced into to make everything conform to some imagined standards for quality and time to market.

She had the calf castrated into a steer. I couldn’t see myself eating a steak that came from him so I let her sell it at auction.

I love heirloom fruits and vegetables. I have been struggling to establish a viable heirloom apple, peach and pear orchard. So far only the pear trees show promise. I don’t get up to my woods often enough to care for them properly. A multi year drought killed my peach trees and most of my apples.

I had bought a crab apple to help with pollination. That one is thriving probably because it is native to North America.

Oh well. I wasn’t trying to ruin your memory of a pleasant chicken dinner. No matter how over spiced you made it.

Peace. Out.
Are we having fun yet?

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #269 on: March 16, 2019, 12:20:15 PM »

Ya got me all hungry

KFC went smaller because of a slight problem with hormonal chicken breasts - they grow these birds to slaughter in 46 days and as a result people are reporting two nasty outcomes - spaghetti breast (soft pull apart strings) and "woody" breast (dry and tough).

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/woody-breast-could-bite-the-chicken-business/

But you are right KFC has changed in taste and texture. It used to be less dark on the coating and actually a bit more greasy.

Like this:

But now it's significantly darker and drier:

I'm not sure these pics do it justice but the more golden style I recall has given way to a redder tone product.

I guess the grease was not healthy, but the older stuff just tasted a lot better! :-\