Author Topic: Dream Stuff  (Read 84935 times)

Robert

• Drone Pilot
Re: Dream Stuff
« Reply #345 on: May 12, 2019, 09:55:19 PM »
@Robert   Do you have dreams where the person you know doesn't look like the person you see in a dream?  For instance, I had a dream where my Mom was in it BUT as the dream progressed another person was my Mom.  Initially I saw my real Mom's image but as the dream progressed she didn't look anything like herself but the "dream me" seemed comfortable with that.
I have dreams where that general type of identity-not-pinned-down thing happens.  Usually I'll just describe it as a composite character.  Like for instance someone who has some characteristics of someone I know, and someone I don't -- characteristics such as name.

Or instead of people they'll be places with similar mixtures of things about them.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Ernest Fox Nichols
« Reply #346 on: May 13, 2019, 12:49:59 AM »

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #347 on: May 13, 2019, 06:49:08 AM »

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
« Reply #348 on: May 13, 2019, 11:44:05 AM »
Rest in Peace, Miss Day.

Yes, rest in peace, Doris.  What a great voice.  I'd like to know exactly what hour she passed because I posted the music video at 12:49 am, Pacific time, not knowing that she had, or was about to, die.  One of life's little coincidences, I guess.     

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #349 on: May 13, 2019, 11:50:56 AM »
One of life's little coincidences, I guess.   

OR IS IT?

She died early this morning.

THIS IS SOME FANTASTIC WOO!

Can I make a request for the next person you post a video of?

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
« Reply #350 on: May 13, 2019, 12:20:41 PM »
OR IS IT?

She died early this morning.

THIS IS SOME FANTASTIC WOO!

Can I make a request for the next person you post a video of?

Ha ha, by all means, Bart.  I wish I could say that I saw Doris in a dream last night but sadly, no.  I did dream about a time traveling elevator, though.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #351 on: May 13, 2019, 12:31:08 PM »
Yes, rest in peace, Doris.  What a great voice.  I'd like to know exactly what hour she passed because I posted the music video at 12:49 am, Pacific time, not knowing that she had, or was about to, die.  One of life's little coincidences, I guess.
Beats mine.  For no reason I could remember, I was thinking yesterday that I couldn't remember hearing of her death, so I was guessing she was still alive.  Guess I was right.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #352 on: May 13, 2019, 12:58:03 PM »
Last night I dreamed that I was one of about 20 people in a large conference room, passing around brochures of people campaigning for president of the USA.  They'd each been printed by their own campaigns, so they were on different paper with different size print, etc.  Donald Trump was next to me at one point, but people were moving around the room carrying the brochures from table to table, as there weren't enough copies for each of us -- seemed like there was just one specimen from each candidate.  Since Trump was there, I inferred that either we were all running for president and had agreed to show each other our flyers, or that I was there advising one of them.  I don't remember seeing my own leaflet, so I was probably an adviser rather than a candidate, and it seemed I was advising Trump, because at one point he was sitting on a podium and I advised him on immigration enforcement that no more than 10% should be spent on a physical barrier, and the rest deployed against illegal employment.

Later I dreamed that I was driving, having a little trouble finding my way out of a border city -- which border I don't know -- and then onto a long 2-lane highway, mostly downhill, like a wide portion of US 206 here where it switches back along a slope, except it was near the sea coast in the dream.  A common theme of my dreams is tricky travel: difficulty of any of various sorts in getting from place to place by any means.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #353 on: May 14, 2019, 01:31:38 AM »
Last night I had a mean dream for Ostara.  I dreamed I was at a facility or institution where rabbits were bred, and I was shown a pregnant rabbit at term.  I was told that, as standard practice there, the bunnies would be cut out of the rabbit by Cesarean section, done as terminal surgery.  I asked what anesthetic would be used, and I was told none would be used.  I didn't stick around for the procedure.
When I keep a soft light on, for some reason the visuals in my dreams are much reduced.  Rotating lights work even better, like the little 2" ones from discount stores that had multi-colored LEDS.  Or those pins some people wear that have rotating little sparkle LEDS.  I just set one of those roses or butterflies near my pillow and every time the LED color changes, I lose more focus in the dream visuals.  20% of the light from a room enters closed eyelids.  If you ever have overly vivid dreams, you can use light to soften their impact.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
« Reply #354 on: May 15, 2019, 01:55:30 PM »
I traveled via rocket ship to a distant ocean planet in order to film an interesting rock formation.  To be more precise, it was a jagged rock pathway of sorts.  I'd say about 6 feet wide and it stretched across the ocean for as far as my eyes could see. 

I put the ship on hover mode and lowered myself down to the formation.  It was no easy task in keeping my footing because the rocks were slippery and there were numerous holes where the sea water would shoot up like powerful geysers.  It was a green colored sea, by the way.

I took out my camera and got some good footage for the scientists back on earth to pour over.  Some waves crested over the rock path and swirled around my ankles.  It seemed as if they were trying to grab me and pull me into the swirling sea, which just happened to be full of nasty looking shark like creatures with long sharp teeth..  In fact, I very nearly lost my balance a couple of times and once, I almost blacked out and even cried out to the base on Earth about my predicament.  Ha, a lot of good that would have done, with me being millions of light years away. 

I managed to compose myself, though, and I finished  filming the odd rock formation.  I took one last look at it before floating up to my ship.  It would be a horrible experience, I thought to myself, to be stuck on such a desolate world.  I couldn't picture myself successfully walking to the end of that hellish, rock walkway.

I made it back to earth and dropped my film off at the base.  I walked out of the science building and noticed some people playing tennis.  One of the balls came rolling up to me so I swooped it up and tossed it back to them.  They all scattered away from it as if it were the plague.  At first I couldn't figure out why, but then it came to me that they were probably worried that I was carrying some type of space contamination or something.   

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #355 on: May 18, 2019, 11:08:08 AM »
I took out my camera and got some good footage for the scientists back on earth to pour over.
"Pore".  However, given the liquid surroundings in the dream, a pun would be in order.
I made it back to earth and dropped my film off at the base.  I walked out of the science building and noticed some people playing tennis.  One of the balls came rolling up to me so I swooped it up and tossed it back to them.  They all scattered away from it as if it were the plague.  At first I couldn't figure out why, but then it came to me that they were probably worried that I was carrying some type of space contamination or something.
Inferences like that tend to come to me as I'm waking up, or even after I've been up and thinking about the dream a while.

Sorry I haven't logged my past several dreams.  They're often entertaining enough to keep in my head a day or so, but only rarely for much longer, and usually not even as long as that.  It's a good deal of work to transcribe them, because they're so disorganized in my head and often include vague impressions.  Jesse Reklaw (not the writer Jesse Walker I know -- at least he disclaims it and it's a common name) takes e-mailed dream accounts and turns them into the comic strip Slow Wave, though I haven't even looked there for a while.  Your accounts are more interesting than mine, but I don't know if that's because of how you dream or how you write.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
« Reply #356 on: May 18, 2019, 01:24:42 PM »
"Pore".  However, given the liquid surroundings in the dream, a pun would be in order.Inferences like that tend to come to me as I'm waking up, or even after I've been up and thinking about the dream a while.

Sorry I haven't logged my past several dreams.  They're often entertaining enough to keep in my head a day or so, but only rarely for much longer, and usually not even as long as that.  It's a good deal of work to transcribe them, because they're so disorganized in my head and often include vague impressions.  Jesse Reklaw (not the writer Jesse Walker I know -- at least he disclaims it and it's a common name) takes e-mailed dream accounts and turns them into the comic strip Slow Wave, though I haven't even looked there for a while.  Your accounts are more interesting than mine, but I don't know if that's because of how you dream or how you write.

Thanks, Robert.  I have always ('alwayse' is how I see this word in my head) been an atrocious speller.  Also, not the best at punctuation, you are probably seeing lots of comas where they don't belong.  In an earlier dream it was a bowel, and in this one pour.  I should have checked on it.  I would have seen 'a scholar poring over a rare old manuscript.'  Also, I kind of get in a hurry to describe the dream before I forget it.  Which accounts for my style of writing.  Rapid fire, stream of thought with descriptive words thrown in ad nauseum.  (Spell check caught my misspelling of nauseum.)  Come to think of it, that's kind of how I dream, too. 

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
« Reply #357 on: May 22, 2019, 08:45:52 PM »
 I had an enjoyable Monroe, Oregon dream last night.  I was about a block up from Grandpa's pool hall and 'up' is an apt description because anybody walking in a westerly direction in Monroe will be walking up a slight slope.  (The main street in Monroe (Fifth Street) that runs north and south and borders the Long Tom River, is level.)

I came upon a very old man who was slouched up against a light pole.  Oh fun,  I thought to myself.  This could be a person who might have actually visited the pool hall.

I walked up to him and said, "Excuse me for asking sir, but are you from around these parts?"

"I've come and gone." he answered.

"Oh, I see." I said.  "I was just curious if you ever visited the old pool hall that used to sit down there at the corner of Orchard and Fifth Street."

Hibby's?" he asked.  "Sure, I've been there lots of time.  Why, I was there one afternoon when Hef stopped by.  He was trying to find places that would sell his magazine."

"Hef, as in Hefner?"  I asked.

The old man didn't answer me.  He pointed up the street and asked what I thought of the train depot.  I looked to where he was pointing and saw a glowing, golden rendition of the old train depot that used to sit behind my grandparent's house.    (https://ellgab.com/index.php?topic=91.msg96205#msg96205)  It looked bigger though, like a sprawling mansion and it must have covered about four full sized lots.

"Wow." I said.  "Where did that building come from?"

"It was always there," the old man answered.

"But what about the depot that was down by the tracks?" I asked.  "The one behind Hibby's house?"

"Oh, the little one." he said.  "That small depot was just a segment of the big one.  They just sliced her off one day and moved her on down the hill.  Long, long time ago.  Way back in the 1930s."

Well, it made sense to me at the time because I was dreaming.  It didn't occur to me that there was never any set of railroad tracks up there on the hillside.           

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
« Reply #358 on: May 25, 2019, 07:34:58 PM »
I had a job digging for gems on a high, Himalayan salt plain.  Me and two other guys had picks and we dug through the salt, all day long.  Our boss was an attractive lady with a headful of flowing brown hair.  She had a horse to ride around on and a tent to stay in while the rest of us had nothing but some sleeping bags that were lying about on the salt floor.

The boss approached us and demanded that we head into town to get provisions. 

"Hmm...Just exactly how far away is the nearest town?" I asked.

"Don't worry about it,"  she said.  "Just when you think that you aren't going to find a town, you will see one."

So we put down our picks and walked to the town.  The boss lady was right.  Just as we began to despair that we weren't going to find a town, there it was.  Not only that, but there was a mega big grocery store there too.  We purchased a whole bunch of groceries and the other guys hired two prostitutes to come back to camp with us.

It was dark by the time we got to the work site.  We ate a hearty meal and retreated to our sleeping bags, but the other guys were making too much noise and I couldn't sleep, so I got up and walked around a bit.  I came to the boss's tent but she wasn't in there.  I looked all around but I couldn't find her.  I hopped onto her horse and rode away into the darkness.

I talked to the horse as we loped along.  It was strange, but every time I mentioned the word 'money' the horse would stop dead in its tracks.  It wouldn't start moving again until I said something cheerful.

We came to a tall mountain and the horse almost got me to the top but then it got tired.  I got off and walked the rest of the way on foot. 

The mountain had a small, flat area on the very top and it was there that I found my boss.  She was stretched out on a big, fluffy blanket.  She was all lit up by the glow of the early morning sun.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #359 on: May 27, 2019, 09:07:53 PM »
I better record some highlights of about the past week's dreams before I forget them.  I do tend to talk about them soon after having them, which seems to make their memory last.

In one, I showed up on set as a TV series was wrapping, and they were about to introduce an award-winner among them who shared my name, Robert Goodman.  Just as he was about to enter, I upstaged him as a joke.  The crowd knew me and that I had the same name but not the honors.

In another dream I'd been invited to the estate of a dutchess who seemed to be able to manifest stuff.  I walked past an animal pen that had 3 snarling wolves, looking thin and with bad coats of black hair, leaning over the top of the cage as I walked by; next to them were 3 seals or sea lions, acting similarly, and then some smaller animals.  From there I and my friend Jerry went to a fruit stand.  He had me taste one of a fruit that was new to me, round an in bunches like a purple berry or grape.  It was good, tasting something like a cross between a berry and a grape.  Then I got thru some traffic by bicycling up a steep block on a 1-speed, switching between lanes going opposite directions.

I'll catch up on the others after I've slept (and probably dreamed) some more.  They featured some lucidity, tricky travel, more of my sense of taste, and use of French.