Author Topic: Random, stupid things on your mind  (Read 821462 times)

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
Re: Random, stupid things on your mind
« Reply #4290 on: February 28, 2021, 08:23:37 AM »
Yes. But I refuse to let them run the definitive tests to confirm it. Yet.

You know, science will probably figure out how to diagnose it on this side of life...

I think my doctor was playing the liability game. They're so awful, any excuse is a good one...

Eh, nevermind...

Kidnostad

• Psychiatric Hold
  • Elluminati
« Reply #4291 on: February 28, 2021, 09:40:45 AM »
 Have any of the thousands of "sponsored" articles that pop up on line that begin with "Try not to gasp when you see..." actually ever made anyone gasp.  I think a government sponsored study should be commissioned to look into this with a view towards prosecuting the authors for using egregious hyperboli to incite gasping.  Jus' sayin'

Kidnostad

• Psychiatric Hold
  • Elluminati
« Reply #4292 on: February 28, 2021, 09:49:12 AM »
The ghost of the Sonny Bono tree strikes again!

Now that's funny...

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #4293 on: February 28, 2021, 11:11:57 AM »
Have any of the thousands of "sponsored" articles that pop up on line that begin with "Try not to gasp when you see..." actually ever made anyone gasp.  I think a government sponsored study should be commissioned to look into this with a view towards prosecuting the authors for using egregious hyperboli to incite gasping.  Jus' sayin'

I gasped when I read this post.

Kidnostad

• Psychiatric Hold
  • Elluminati
« Reply #4294 on: February 28, 2021, 11:19:44 AM »

See what I mean?   

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #4295 on: February 28, 2021, 11:52:27 AM »

No you didn't.
Wait, that's the other thread.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #4296 on: February 28, 2021, 12:00:09 PM »

Amateur!  I shat my pants and leaked a little too.

Sheesh!

🙄
Eh, nevermind...

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #4297 on: February 28, 2021, 06:40:48 PM »
Evil Lynn fucked me over!
I've heard it's her specialty.
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4298 on: February 28, 2021, 06:41:51 PM »
Just got done scrubbing down the interior of our pool after the water in it had been uncirculated for 2+ weeks while I redid some plumbing and installed a new pump.  Our pool is relatively small so after being disappointed with the performances of two pool services I had tried I decided to to take on cleaning and maintenance of the pool myself.  This inspired my wife to start calling me "Alejandro the pool boy" whenever I do the work.  As I sit here recovering from the exertion of the scrub down I'm thinking Alejandro doesn't get paid enough.
Alejandro's work is never done. It's the curse of the pool boy.
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
            When she was good,

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4299 on: February 28, 2021, 06:42:45 PM »
Yes, it is funny.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Yes! @Annie for the +1!!
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
            When she was good,

Kidnostad

• Psychiatric Hold
  • Elluminati
« Reply #4300 on: February 28, 2021, 09:34:18 PM »
Alejandro's work is never done. It's the curse of the pool boy.

And you don't know the half of it.  Why I could tell you stories that would make you gasp wonder.  Like the time I accidentally huffed vapors coming out of a bottle of muriatic acid I just opened and for two hours thereafter could neither see nor hear and could only speak in an arcane sub-dialect of Cantonese.  Jus' sayin.'

Kidnostad

• Psychiatric Hold
  • Elluminati
« Reply #4301 on: March 02, 2021, 10:14:59 AM »
I totally lost my shit last night.

As a matter of ritual I take our dog Buddy on his long walk of the day after dinner every night around 7:00 P.M.  As Buddy is a 10 lb Maltese Terrier, a plastic sandwich bag more than suffices as a poop bag.  When Buddy does the doo I pick it up with the bag, knot the top and clasp it between the fingers of my leash hand where it dangles until we get home.  Last night we arrived home with nothing dangling which makes it likely that some homeowner along our route found a neatly packaged pile of dog doo on the border of his property.  I can't help but wonder how I would react to something like that.  Would I be grateful that a Great Dane wasn't involved?  Nah, probably not.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #4302 on: March 02, 2021, 01:03:48 PM »
I totally lost my shit last night.

As a matter of ritual I take our dog Buddy on his long walk of the day after dinner every night around 7:00 P.M.  As Buddy is a 10 lb Maltese Terrier, a plastic sandwich bag more than suffices as a poop bag.  When Buddy does the doo I pick it up with the bag, knot the top and clasp it between the fingers of my leash hand where it dangles until we get home.  Last night we arrived home with nothing dangling which makes it likely that some homeowner along our route found a neatly packaged pile of dog doo on the border of his property.  I can't help but wonder how I would react to something like that.  Would I be grateful that a Great Dane wasn't involved?  Nah, probably not.

People around here react quite strongly to those who do not pick up what their dogs put down. Some feel that since there are deer deposits, coyote deposits, rabbit deposits, cat deposits etc. they don't need to pick up. Others feel that knocking the deposit off the road with a stick is enough, but it can end up in someone's yard. We collect our dog's deposits and throw them away at home. I don't want to see such debris all over so we won't contribute to it. Plus, you can buy funny bags to give you a giggle.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #4303 on: March 02, 2021, 04:07:12 PM »
People around here react quite strongly to those who do not pick up what their dogs put down. Some feel that since there are deer deposits, coyote deposits, rabbit deposits, cat deposits etc. they don't need to pick up...

One thing about dog shit vs wild animal is that dog food is full of preservatives.  It doesn't dry up and blow away after a few days, it just sits there for weeks unless it rains or another dog (or coyote) eats it.

Hope that helps   :D

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #4304 on: March 02, 2021, 07:03:53 PM »
One thing about dog shit vs wild animal is that dog food is full of preservatives.  It doesn't dry up and blow away after a few days, it just sits there for weeks unless it rains or another dog (or coyote) eats it.

Hope that helps   :D

;D