Poll

This is a real scenario.  Regarding the salutation, "Have a nice day", GD believes

It is polite.
0 (0%)
It is too commanding.
0 (0%)
It is juvenile.
0 (0%)
No one actually means it.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 28, 2019, 01:49:27 AM

Author Topic: Living With Grandma's Daughter  (Read 25105 times)

Sofia

• Ellightened
Re: Living With Grandma's Daughter
« Reply #135 on: June 06, 2019, 12:22:30 AM »

Don't let grandma see that in here!  I'd say it was an ear cleaner for the cat.

Azzerae

• Nursery Resident
  • KNYE
« Reply #136 on: June 06, 2019, 07:54:03 AM »
No that's this one.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
not well-liked, but right

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #137 on: June 06, 2019, 07:26:36 PM »
Don't let grandma see that in here!  I'd say it was an ear cleaner for the cat.
So you're still there in that shitty situation? Intolerable! I still see you in Atlanta.. one day you'll wise up.

Azzerae

• Nursery Resident
  • KNYE
« Reply #138 on: June 07, 2019, 08:06:12 AM »
not well-liked, but right

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #139 on: June 11, 2019, 12:15:12 AM »

Awww... Gluten-free, too!  +1 happens.
So you're still there in that shitty situation? Intolerable! I still see you in Atlanta.. one day you'll wise up.
There was a discussion on Valentine's Day with much improvement. I am lucky to be here.  I am having a terrible time finding enough work.  When I do find it, it involves insanely long shifts & overtime.  Then there is nothing again.  Unemployment ran out, if you can imagine that, kind of an anomaly.  Now, I don't even have enough hours in my base year to even qualify for any claim - unheard of.  Unheard of.  Because I'm so worried, I'm actually trying to keep an open mind about joining something like a convent or Americorp, neither of which is gainful work.

As I drove home from my last shift early in the morning, I saw people waiting for the homeless day center to open up so they could use the showers, laundry, etc...  It was disgusting.  No benches, for one thing.  A snotty, dirty prostitute-looking thing.  Filthy bums.  My God, I've been a hair's breadth away from that for a year.  I only came here because I had no choice.  Better to put up with bipolar blowouts on occasion than to associate with druggies and criminals.  Not to mention my longtime elderly cat.  I'll tolerate some abuse for her.  She is disabled.

skittles

• KNYE
  • The avatar formerly known as pawpourri
« Reply #140 on: June 11, 2019, 02:00:48 AM »
Awww... Gluten-free, too!  +1 happens.There was a discussion on Valentine's Day with much improvement. I am lucky to be here.  I am having a terrible time finding enough work.  When I do find it, it involves insanely long shifts & overtime.  Then there is nothing again.  Unemployment ran out, if you can imagine that, kind of an anomaly.  Now, I don't even have enough hours in my base year to even qualify for any claim - unheard of.  Unheard of.  Because I'm so worried, I'm actually trying to keep an open mind about joining something like a convent or Americorp, neither of which is gainful work.

As I drove home from my last shift early in the morning, I saw people waiting for the homeless day center to open up so they could use the showers, laundry, etc...  It was disgusting.  No benches, for one thing.  A snotty, dirty prostitute-looking thing.  Filthy bums.  My God, I've been a hair's breadth away from that for a year.  I only came here because I had no choice.  Better to put up with bipolar blowouts on occasion than to associate with druggies and criminals.  Not to mention my longtime elderly cat.  I'll tolerate some abuse for her.  She is disabled.

You are a good person for caring so much for your little companion, Sofia.  She loves you and I believe she is grateful for your devotion.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #141 on: June 11, 2019, 02:24:37 AM »
You are a good person for caring so much for your little companion, Sofia.  She loves you and I believe she is grateful for your devotion.
Thanks, Skittles.  She's a remarkable cat.