Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 275093 times)

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #600 on: April 10, 2019, 12:43:19 PM »
Had me scared for a moment!  How long was the ceremony?  Did you find solutions to all problems?
Hey there @anniem . I am also interested in hearing about this experience. I l live very far east of the Rockies.  The Lenni Lenape (Delaware) Indians in North America are gone and all their traditions.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #601 on: April 10, 2019, 12:44:25 PM »
Sigh. Pre-Meadowlands, it was still a swamp back then.  8)
Saratoga several times, on TV other times, once in Florida and a couple of other places, I don't remember exactly. I never took it too seriously, it was just fun for me.
I did well on slot machines, too, now and again, but played the nickel or quarter ones, again for fun. I'd set a limit to how much I would bet for the day and stop when/if I lost it all. That way it was fun, not important, and I got to practice my hunches with no pressure to be right, no big down side, no real risk. Slightly better than half the time I'd be enough ahead at the end of the day to be able to have a really nice dinner somewhere or some other wee treat from the winnings.  ;D

I only went to the Meadowlands, and just a couple of times. It was smelly and crowded and messy, tickets all over the ground.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #602 on: April 10, 2019, 12:46:25 PM »
I don't think a person is really a legacy. To me, his legacy is the awareness of the many aspects of the paranormal that we all are interested in and share, and that sense of community in our interests is his legacy. He had a really big, important impact on so many people! There was no one like him in the radio world.

That is a nicer way of looking at it. I applaud and 1+ you. It isn't anyone and it hasn't been soiled. Nice.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #603 on: April 10, 2019, 12:47:50 PM »
Same here, my threshold is unambiguously set far below:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Why do humans not grasp monsters from the Id?

:-[

PROFOUND!  1+ FOR YOU

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #604 on: April 10, 2019, 12:48:36 PM »
+1 true is right! He was the first Spiricom guy.

Great photos

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #605 on: April 10, 2019, 12:49:10 PM »
OK then...my bad!

I thought some kind of merger/acquisition of unequals might be in the offing... :o

I guess I'll wait for the Ellgab IPO and see if its over-subscribed. 8)

Whatsa IPO?

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #606 on: April 10, 2019, 12:53:41 PM »
We've all been in that space, you have to start somewhere.
I found the culture there toxic enough to avoid it as a participant for years - but to be fair these so-called "fan groups" turning on their progenitors is nothing new it seems. The parasites consume the host in due time. That bothers me, it's a bit like:

Here is a question, were you there with the same name as you are here?  If no, name was different, how come? Just curious. I was same name.

But the recent action, led by Brig, to induce less stable types to livestream and youtube themselves for her boredom time gratification is heedless incitement to behaviors that have no built-in containment mechanisms. I guess we can say that Groyper isn't likely to actually use his Glock on a cat lady, despite his Twitter post...but...what if he's not any more stable than some others we've seen?

You can't ever know the depths of people. Even if you see them everyday, but certainly by posting.

I still question why Twitter has left that pic up, but that's just me.
Back to point - if you are consumed by anger or like to act out at the extreme limits of the first amendment - bellgrab is the place, just know that its SCOTUS is functionally a one man panel - MV. :-X

I'll see about looking at the picture, haven't seen it.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #607 on: April 10, 2019, 12:55:15 PM »
Hey there @anniem . I am also interested in hearing about this experience. I l live very far east of the Rockies.  The Lenni Lenape (Delaware) Indians in North America are gone and all their traditions.

I grew up in NJ, now reside in Ca. Did you move to the far east of the Rockies or were you born there?

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #608 on: April 10, 2019, 01:02:59 PM »
Whatsa IPO?
initial public offering?

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #609 on: April 10, 2019, 01:07:33 PM »
I grew up in NJ, now reside in Ca. Did you move to the far east of the Rockies or were you born there?
As my ancestors took their exit off the boat.They looked and stayed on the East Coast. I am within walking distance to the homes of where my ancestors lived. My early family lived out their lives like they were living in a village. Everyone lived within walking distance to each other.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #610 on: April 10, 2019, 01:09:22 PM »
Ah, the cylinders. Yes, I saw them. We had a field trip to...what was it, not a museum but where he lived and worked. They walked us through the lab and then into the area where his desk was. They showed us the clock that they said someone ran in and stopped the moment he died.  I can't tell you how much I wanted to sit there and read through all of those papers!
I love that photo! I would enjoy visiting where he lived and worked.
+1

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #611 on: April 10, 2019, 01:09:25 PM »
As my ancestors took their exit off the boat.They looked and stayed on the East Coast. I am within walking distance to the homes of where my ancestors lived. My early family lived out their lives like they were living in a village. Everyone lived within walking distance to each other.

That sounds great. My father's parents came over from Italy, going to upstate NY to escape the mob's attempted influence. Not exactly sure when my mother's ancestors came over.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
« Reply #612 on: April 10, 2019, 01:16:22 PM »
Whatsa IPO?

Initial Public Offering - but maybe Bart isn't interested in going public just yet, so... :-X

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #613 on: April 10, 2019, 01:18:03 PM »
Here is a question, were you there with the same name as you are here?  If no, name was different, how come? Just curious. I was same name.

Different name - derivation of the one that Bart zoo'd here.

You can't ever know the depths of people. Even if you see them everyday, but certainly by posting.

I'll see about looking at the picture, haven't seen it.

Enjoy, and I agree, this is but a sliver, not a full cross-section.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #614 on: April 10, 2019, 01:18:36 PM »