Rikki Gins Lounge > Collections and Collectibles

Fruit and Vegetable Labels

(1/329) > >>

Rikki Gins:
Here is an interesting and colorful collectible for some people.  Fruit and vegetable labels that were usually attached to wooden crates or bins of produce.  They were primarily used for identifying the type of produce in a crate and they also contained the name of the company that packed the items.  There are virtually thousands of produce labels out there and you might have even seen them in your produce aisle at the grocery store, though most produce boxes are made out of cardboard now.

These labels go way, way back and are usually quite colorful in design.  I had a job once where I came into contact with produce bins, and I was taken with the labels so I began to carefully peel them off without ripping them.  I think I collected about 30 of them and will show them to you as time goes by, but like I said, there are scads of pretty cool looking ones that can also be found on the internet.  Some of the labels are pretty cool in design, especially the ones that show people (lots of kids) and cartoonish characters, like apples with faces, etc.  Some are kind of humorous too.

This first one from my collection is in fairly poor shape but it is used to illustrate that produce labels can also be somewhat suggestive in nature.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Bart Ell:
She has a long finger!

Walks_At_Night:

--- Quote from: Bart Ell on September 12, 2018, 04:00:07 PM ---She has a long finger!

--- End quote ---

I like her.  She has a That Girl vibe plus a long finger

GravitySucks:

--- Quote from: Walks_At_Night on September 12, 2018, 04:04:20 PM ---I like her.  She has a That Girl vibe plus a long finger

--- End quote ---

Ann Coulter is my favorite long-fingered gal

Rikki Gins:
Speak of the devil.  Here's one that shows an apple face.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version