Rikki Gins Lounge > Collections and Collectibles

Vintage / Retro Treasures and Finds

(1/2) > >>

Chine:
Though this could fall under the category ‘Old Things’, thought I’d add this thread anyhow to be specific for those who enjoy antique / vintage / retro finds.

Recently on another and the usual trips  to Savannah, found some beautiful pieces. I’ll post images in a bit as I’m going through various pictures.

I’m also enjoying finding beautiful repurposed pieces (furniture etc) for home and my art studio.

Also, as I have worked for years in the Metaphysical as a professional intuitive , Reiki Master (etc) it’s always good to sage / cleanse pieces you find in antique stores as you really don’t want to bring home something other than a brooch.

Dyna-X:

--- Quote from: Chine on January 10, 2019, 08:51:46 AM ---Though this could fall under the category ‘Old Things’, thought I’d add this thread anyhow to be specific for those who enjoy antique / vintage / retro finds.

Recently on another and the usual trips  to Savannah, found some beautiful pieces. I’ll post images in a bit as I’m going through various pictures.

I’m also enjoying finding beautiful repurposed pieces (furniture etc) for home and my art studio.

Also, as I have worked for years in the Metaphysical as a professional intuitive , Reiki Master (etc) it’s always good to sage / cleanse pieces you find in antique stores as you really don’t want to bring home something other than a brooch.

--- End quote ---

I'm guessing here the preferred method is a salt-water bath and a few days in the sun. That has always worked with the exception of highly charged pieces for me anyway.  Some items that have a natively good energy need no cleansing at all.

I'm at this point hopelessly addicted to retro decor and furniture. Even everyday items and appliances. The melted plastic look of most modern items makes it difficult to see any "character" in them if you get where I am coming from.

Dyna-X:
I've found a place I would almost consider to be heaven. Here is a Jacobean era manor in North Wales named Plas Teg! Well worth the watch for those who love antiques and art. (*Spoiler alert - Its also haunted*)

Dancing queen:

--- Quote from: Dyna-X on January 14, 2019, 03:48:08 PM ---I've found a place I would almost consider to be heaven. Here is a Jacobean era manor in North Wales named Plas Teg! Well worth the watch for those who love antiques and art. (*Spoiler alert - Its also haunted*)

--- End quote ---

thx added to watch list.

Caith:

I found these spoons in layers of cotton, contained in box with a souvenir spoon that I purchased years ago.  I have researched over the years and know they were made by a company named Norne. They are solid silver and hallmarked. Each spoon is thinly gold plated with enamel inlays on the handle. Their size is small and close to the size of an infant's feeding spoon. I've not been able to find anything like them online. I thought  they might have been used for caviar but read that caviar wouldn't be served using metal. I would appreciate any information anyone might have. The picture I've attached shows them beside a normal teaspoon. 
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version