Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 820237 times)

JUAN

• Ellevated
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #960 on: January 06, 2019, 09:28:51 AM »
@GravitySucks   She was the Casey Stengel of Mom's.
No wonder sNoory talks the way he does.
Merry Christmas

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #961 on: January 06, 2019, 10:14:58 AM »
No wonder sNoory talks the way he does.

@juan   LOL!  ;D

"I want to thank my parents for letting me play baseball, and I'm thankful I had baseball knuckles and couldn't become a dentist."
~ Casey Stengel

Noory did neither, but...  ;)

"They brought me up to the Brooklyn Dodgers, which at that time was in Brooklyn."
~ Casey Stengel

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #962 on: January 06, 2019, 10:41:52 AM »
Got much of the leaves up and listened to some vintage Norry. He was a coward/lazy for cutting open-lines and playing a bit with some horror host guy but still some fun things:

Border solution (according to Norry) : "Lasers" (but only "so we know where they are.") and "spaced out people, uh up there."

Norry: "are they good or evil??!"
Caller: "Evil."
Norry: "well, that's not good!"

I ffwed thru most of Doc Wallet but caught this: 
Bill the AAA (I think) called about his mom who is in dire condition apparently (oddly I thought his parents died years ago which cause some housing and disputes between siblings) and Doc Wallet told him to massage his mothers legs for hours with some supplements (Doc had to remind Norry that they sold such a product) and "when they aren't looking" to "puncture a few capsules and put them in her mouth." And, ideally, if she was on a "G tube" to give her "3 scrambled eggs and some butter."  I wish Bill's mom a full recovery.

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #963 on: January 07, 2019, 12:47:33 AM »
He's such a loser.  The other night after the guest left so he was going to take calls he comes up with an idea, he asks callers if they have ever given money to a person on the street and what did they say to you and to call in - of course he had an ulterior motive for the stupid question and clumsily gives his own story 'I just gave a guy some money about a week ago, he was out on the street down on his luck and I think we should help people like that if we can so I gave him, TWENTY BUCKS, and boy you'd have thought I gave him a thousand dollars, he couldn't buhleef it'  -  he didn't want to hear similar stories from callers, in fact after he got his self praising story out he never mentioned the idea again and no caller had a similar story. What a sad transparent sleazeball he is.

And tonight, he has a lady on talking about yet another Coast topic already done to death, psychic vampires. So another chance for some self gloss he tells the guest a little story about himself and a psychic vampire 'There was this guy at a bar and every time I went in he was sitting alone, one day he called me over and he asked me 'is there something wrong with me? nobody wants to talk to me'. He's a nice guy but I told him 'You have a negative vibe, you need to be more positive, send out positive energy'. Well the next time I went into the bar about a week later there he was in his usual spot and he was surrounded by people and he sees me and gives me a big thumbs up. Amazing.'

Neither story probably happened, definitely the second didn't. It's endless how hard he tries to sell himself to the audience as a giving and caring man.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #964 on: January 07, 2019, 06:21:17 PM »
He's such a loser.  The other night after the guest left so he was going to take calls he comes up with an idea, he asks callers if they have ever given money to a person on the street and what did they say to you and to call in - of course he had an ulterior motive for the stupid question and clumsily gives his own story 'I just gave a guy some money about a week ago, he was out on the street down on his luck and I think we should help people like that if we can so I gave him, TWENTY BUCKS, and boy you'd have thought I gave him a thousand dollars, he couldn't buhleef it'  -  he didn't want to hear similar stories from callers, in fact after he got his self praising story out he never mentioned the idea again and no caller had a similar story. What a sad transparent sleazeball he is.

And tonight, he has a lady on talking about yet another Coast topic already done to death, psychic vampires. So another chance for some self gloss he tells the guest a little story about himself and a psychic vampire 'There was this guy at a bar and every time I went in he was sitting alone, one day he called me over and he asked me 'is there something wrong with me? nobody wants to talk to me'. He's a nice guy but I told him 'You have a negative vibe, you need to be more positive, send out positive energy'. Well the next time I went into the bar about a week later there he was in his usual spot and he was surrounded by people and he sees me and gives me a big thumbs up. Amazing.'

Neither story probably happened, definitely the second didn't. It's endless how hard he tries to sell himself to the audience as a giving and caring man.
Well, if the bar story isn't true, he has told it before.  I don't know why he doesn't leave the bar part.out; it's not critical, unless bars are the only places people hang out. Could have just as well been a commuter on a same bus route (we do have that pic of George on the bus), a coworker, a work-at-home-from-Starbucks guy, whatever...

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #965 on: January 07, 2019, 10:00:33 PM »

Jorch is a lounge lizard. Bars and restaurants are where affluent older single men hang out.

CoolTen10Redux

• KIDD
« Reply #966 on: January 08, 2019, 10:11:37 PM »
I know everyone just heard that...

The Borden Wall.

let the gifs and pictures begin...

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #967 on: January 09, 2019, 02:25:14 AM »
Great show tonight!  Virtually seamless, no one talking over anyone, callers liked the bumper music.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #968 on: January 09, 2019, 03:52:17 AM »
Great show tonight!  Virtually seamless, no one talking over anyone, callers liked the bumper music.
Except the part where the first guest asked a caller how a situation made him feel.  The caller sounded like he didn't hear her, so George prompted him again to share his feelings.  There was a moment of pause and right when the caller responded, George cut him off.  When the guest inquired, George said the caller was gone.  How many times are delays in hearing/transmissions the fault of the program staff and equipment?

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #969 on: January 10, 2019, 01:01:35 AM »
It appears very transparent when he plays gushy love songs right before ads for his dating service.  Nothing like warming up those lonely hearts so they will pay to join.  Ugh.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #970 on: January 10, 2019, 06:28:48 PM »
Dinner up!
Coffee up!
Get in line for a nice time!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

El Chorro

• KIDD
« Reply #971 on: January 11, 2019, 05:03:44 AM »
Classic last night..."Can you believe the 1960s started nearly 60 years ago? That's almost half a century!"

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #972 on: January 11, 2019, 05:04:21 AM »
Classic last night..."Can you believe the 1960s started nearly 60 years ago? That's almost half a century!"

No. He. Didn’t.
Are we having fun yet?

El Chorro

• KIDD
« Reply #973 on: January 11, 2019, 09:12:20 AM »
No. He. Didn’t.

I had to go re-listen...actual quote is even better, about 41 minutes into Hour 3:

"60 years! That's almost more than half a century!"

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #974 on: January 11, 2019, 09:15:30 AM »
I had to go re-listen...actual quote is even better, about 41 minutes into Hour 3:

"60 years! That's almost more than half a century!"

I haven’t listened to c2c in a long time. Glad to hear the suckage is still strong.
Are we having fun yet?