Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 820947 times)

LawnBoy

• KDWN
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #780 on: October 17, 2018, 03:32:23 AM »
That Noory family has quite the legacy and its most special member little Georgie takes every opportunity to tell us about it.

George told his guest tonight that his uncle suggested to President Kennedy to start the Lions Club service organization. Wow.

So I wiki'd the Lions Club and I see the Lions Club was created in 1917 by an Illinois businessman.

The only connection I see through Google between JFK and the Lions Club is the president of it visited the White House and presented Kennedy with a Lions Club pen and pen holder.

God he's an embarrassment, a veritable cringe producing machine of a man.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Maybe he was saying his father was a member of the Lyings Club? Perhaps you misunderstood?

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #781 on: October 17, 2018, 06:58:28 AM »
That Noory family has quite the legacy and its most special member little Georgie takes every opportunity to tell us about it.

George told his guest tonight that his uncle suggested to President Kennedy to start the Lions Club service organization. Wow.

So I wiki'd the Lions Club and I see the Lions Club was created in 1917 by an Illinois businessman.

The only connection I see through Google between JFK and the Lions Club is the president of it visited the White House and presented Kennedy with a Lions Club pen and pen holder.

God he's an embarrassment, a veritable cringe producing machine of a man.
Jorch would embarrass this character, with all his Bravo Sierra claims.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

comaphobe

• KDWN
« Reply #782 on: October 17, 2018, 07:47:18 AM »
I heard the Rod Serling/TZ guest last night. Very good stuff but at one point George out of the blue vaguely inserted Vic Morrow and 2 dead kids during production of the 1985 movie, which abruptly derailed the guest who had little to add, nor did George. It was weird.
☾ ⊕ ∑ Δ P H Ω ß Ξ

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #783 on: October 17, 2018, 08:35:57 AM »

He's a terrible conversationalist which is fucked up for the host of a talk show. He's a terrible conversationalist because he's quite dull witted and has only a small bit of knowledge about anything and his life experiences are dull. But he doesn't seem to know this and he will blurt out something inane that his brain retrieves from its limited vault of knowledge when a word triggers it which leaves the guest in an awkward situation not knowing how to respond or if there's something more to come from Jorch that will make the inane comment/anecdote not so inane.

Like he'll have a guest on and the guest will be talking about events involving say President Eisenhower - this will trigger Jorch's brain, 'Eisenhower, president, general, bald, Dwight, WW2' and he'll open his mouth and say 'He was a great man, they don't make them like that any more. I remember as a kid him running for president and his campaign slogan was 'I LIKE IKE', my mother who's almost 90 still has an I LIKE IKE button in her drawer where she collects things.' Now what the fuck does a guest say to that, it's a thoroughly uninteresting personal anecdote that has nothing to do with the guest's information.

Last night it happened with the Rod Serling guest. The guest was telling the audience how prolific a writer Serling was, he wrote 'most' of the Twilight Zone episodes. Jorch commented that he did use some outside writers including Ray Bradbury, the guest confirmed. So now that Ray Bradbury's name is out Jorch's brain is triggered and it's fumbling around to retrieve something, anything about Ray Bradbury and out comes 'In my office here in St. Louis I have a letter from Ray Bradbury. It's on my board. When I was doing my local show in St. Louis we had a newsletter we'd send out and I put something about Ray Bradbury in it and then I got this letter from him, he thought it was great. I put it on my board, amazing.'  Again a guest left to wonder how to respond other than 'That's great George' the way you'd be nice to a mentally disabled person or child. The story isn't interesting in any way and adds nothing to the conversation. But Jorch can't see that, he has no self awareness.

LawnBoy

• KDWN
« Reply #784 on: October 17, 2018, 09:44:56 AM »
I heard the Rod Serling/TZ guest last night. Very good stuff but at one point George out of the blue vaguely inserted Vic Morrow and 2 dead kids during production of the 1985 movie, which abruptly derailed the guest who had little to add, nor did George. It was weird.

To top it off Rod Serling died 7 years before the tragedy with Vic Morrow in 1982. Morrow died during the filming of the Twilight Zone movie, which had nothing to do with Serling. Idiotic comment for sure.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #785 on: October 17, 2018, 11:07:11 AM »
He's a terrible conversationalist which is fucked up for the host of a talk show. He's a terrible conversationalist because he's quite dull witted and has only a small bit of knowledge about anything and his life experiences are dull. But he doesn't seem to know this and he will blurt out something inane that his brain retrieves from its limited vault of knowledge when a word triggers it which leaves the guest in an awkward situation not knowing how to respond or if there's something more to come from Jorch that will make the inane comment/anecdote not so inane.

Like he'll have a guest on and the guest will be talking about events involving say President Eisenhower - this will trigger Jorch's brain, 'Eisenhower, president, general, bald, Dwight, WW2' and he'll open his mouth and say 'He was a great man, they don't make them like that any more. I remember as a kid him running for president and his campaign slogan was 'I LIKE IKE', my mother who's almost 90 still has an I LIKE IKE button in her drawer where she collects things.' Now what the fuck does a guest say to that, it's a thoroughly uninteresting personal anecdote that has nothing to do with the guest's information.

Last night it happened with the Rod Serling guest. The guest was telling the audience how prolific a writer Serling was, he wrote 'most' of the Twilight Zone episodes. Jorch commented that he did use some outside writers including Ray Bradbury, the guest confirmed. So now that Ray Bradbury's name is out Jorch's brain is triggered and it's fumbling around to retrieve something, anything about Ray Bradbury and out comes 'In my office here in St. Louis I have a letter from Ray Bradbury. It's on my board. When I was doing my local show in St. Louis we had a newsletter we'd send out and I put something about Ray Bradbury in it and then I got this letter from him, he thought it was great. I put it on my board, amazing.'  Again a guest left to wonder how to respond other than 'That's great George' the way you'd be nice to a mentally disabled person or child. The story isn't interesting in any way and adds nothing to the conversation. But Jorch can't see that, he has no self awareness.

Spot on.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #786 on: October 17, 2018, 11:09:52 AM »
Noory said the word "classic" so many times that if I took a shot after every time he said it I'd be dead of alcohol poisoning half way through the segment. 

It's a classic.  That's a classic.  What a classic.  classic. classic.  Another classic.  Oh yes...a classic.  classic. classic.  There are so many classics.  classic.  classic.  You know that's a classic!  classic.  classic.  Yet another of those classics.

I felt like I was slipping into a state of madness.

Noory is a buffoon.

Kingfish

• KDWN
« Reply #787 on: October 17, 2018, 12:03:42 PM »
Noory said the word "classic" so many times that if I took a shot after every time he said it I'd be dead of alcohol poisoning half way through the segment. 

It's a classic.  That's a classic.  What a classic.  classic. classic.  Another classic.  Oh yes...a classic.  classic. classic.  There are so many classics.  classic.  classic.  You know that's a classic!  classic.  classic.  Yet another of those classics.

Noory is a buffoon

Classic

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #788 on: October 17, 2018, 01:08:28 PM »
To top it off Rod Serling died 7 years before the tragedy with Vic Morrow in 1982. Morrow died during the filming of the Twilight Zone movie, which had nothing to do with Serling. Idiotic comment for sure.
All Jorch was really interested in was the two dead kids.   :P
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #789 on: October 17, 2018, 01:14:17 PM »

Noory is a buffoon.
Ha!  The local radio station replays Jorch's crap on Sunday nights.  I always get a laugh when the announcer says it's "The best of Jorch Noory."  What exactly is "The best of Jorch Noory?"  Are those really just his most laughable shows?  "And now, for the worst train wrecks of Jorch Noory."
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #790 on: October 17, 2018, 03:39:56 PM »
During the twilight zone guest for the first 2 hours last night, Noory got Billy Mumy to call in to imitate his little kid character from the TZ saying "You're a very bad man..."

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #791 on: October 17, 2018, 03:58:36 PM »
During the twilight zone guest for the first 2 hours last night, Noory got Billy Mumy to call in to imitate his little kid character from the TZ saying "You're a very bad man..."
Another little kid-type connection for Jorch.  Maybe that's why Jorch likes Mumy.  Jorch must have wet his pants, so to speak.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #792 on: October 17, 2018, 05:48:35 PM »
... Like he'll have a guest on and the guest will be talking about events involving say President Eisenhower - this will trigger Jorch's brain, 'Eisenhower, president, general, bald, Dwight, WW2' and he'll open his mouth and say 'He was a great man, they don't make them like that any more. I remember as a kid him running for president and his campaign slogan was 'I LIKE IKE', my mother who's almost 90 still has an I LIKE IKE button in her drawer where she collects things.' Now what the fuck does a guest say to that, it's a thoroughly uninteresting personal anecdote that has nothing to do with the guest's information...

15 minutes later, after the conversation - such as it is - has long since moved on, he'll insert another fact gleaned from Wikipedia during the break..

Guests really should do their homework before going on Coast, at least they'd know what to expect

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #793 on: October 17, 2018, 10:45:36 PM »
Typical.  I have relatives like that.  They like to include, in any conversation, the weird, the unusual, and the unflattering.  George even puts himself in unflattering light.  Whether it's his non-deployment, his affection for tv stars while married, and what else?

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
  • Board Satyr and Fetishmeister
« Reply #794 on: October 18, 2018, 12:19:20 AM »
I see this story made it to the top of Coast to Coast's Home page.  George no doubt thought it was funny when in fact the baby was exposed to radiation and god knows how it is going to affect its life.

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/child-rides-through-x-ray-machine/

GNS
"Supernatural, perhaps. Baloney, perhaps not. There are many things under the sun." - Bela Lugosi as Dr. Vitus Verdegast in The Black Cat.