Author Topic: The Argue About Omelet's Thread  (Read 15338 times)

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
Re: The Argue About Omelet's Thread
« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2019, 11:06:24 AM »
@ShayP Um, no meat in yours? You cannot start the day off without something that had parents.  :o

Pancetta had parents, it is pork. @ShayP ruined his gorg sounding creation with spinach.
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2019, 11:20:55 AM »
I can assure you SIIIIIIIRRRRRR that I was making no implication whatsoever regarding your todger, and was merely describing the miserable looking eggy creation sans any other addition therein. A good omelette is busting at the seams with gooey loveliness enticing you in like Sirens on the cliff to hapless sailors.

I want to savour it with my eyes not give it a pity eat!

I did however enjoy the even colouring throughout the surface, but will also give a demerit for white bits.

A solid C.

Cheese goes throughout the omelette not just in the middle.
Well I guess we'll just have to agree that you're wrong about omelets.

Off topic: When your husband gets home and all has settled down find a moment to look him in the eyes and mouth (no sound) the words "elephant shoes" $18, 000. says he responds with "I love you too" @DynamoHum

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2019, 11:27:33 AM »
@ShayP Um, no meat in yours? You cannot start the day off without something that had parents.  :o

@DynamoHum I read what you said about my "limp" unappealing omelet. I know you're taking overseas shots at my manhood implying that perhaps I can't do sex good to folks for lengthy periods of time.

Let me explain balance and ratio to, you people. My picture showed a basic ham n cheeseer - everything inside was spread evenly as there was ham AND cheese in every bite but just enough so not to OVERPOWER THE EGG which is a common mistake most people make.

@GravitySucks Yes I would eat her off of her. WhattaMyCrazy? I would eat one of my omelets off of her.

@KSM My go to breakfast lately has been Khao Tom Pla.

A traditional Thai rice porridge soup with fish in it.  I use Atlantic salmon.

A few slices of ginger, thai chili peppers, kaffir lime leaves, a touch of lemongrass, white and black peppers, chicken stock, fish sauce (nam pla) and jasmine rice. Sometimes they plunk a fried egg on top but I use enough salmon that I don’t need extra protein.

It’s also good with fresh ground pork.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Are we having fun yet?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2019, 11:56:32 AM »
Yeah, Gravity I would devour that with glee. You had me at Atlantic salmon.  Salmon also goes great in an omelet.

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2019, 12:24:34 PM »
Well I guess we'll just have to agree that you're wrong about omelets.

Off topic: When your husband gets home and all has settled down find a moment to look him in the eyes and mouth (no sound) the words "elephant shoes" $18, 000. says he responds with "I love you too" @DynamoHum

You’re a smooth operator for sure @KSM
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #95 on: December 04, 2019, 12:53:51 PM »
My goodness, this important thread took off while I was elsewhere. @KSM is right - 2 eggs in a skillet. I’ve come to like stainless steel as well as cast iron. @StarrMountain ’s recipe looks very good. Butter is essential. @PolkaDot a scramble is not the same but is good. @GravitySucks a scramble is where one uses four, five, six eggs. @Bart Ell the Apostrophe Preservation Society has given up the ghost, but I’m glad to see you haven’t.
Now the question for argument - must an omelette have cheese? And who here thinks Velveeta counts?
Velveeta does not count. -1 for even mentioning it.
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #96 on: December 04, 2019, 12:56:09 PM »
I’m no eggspurt, but this looks better than a @KSM omelette
Gravity! I'm shocked. Is his face in the nipple yolks? yikes.
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #97 on: December 04, 2019, 12:56:58 PM »
@anniem  Ya know...since you mentioned rye bread, I think I'll have a Reuben for lunch.  :)

Nice idea. I did not manage the omelet today. The rye bread remains intact.

I have, however, been on a quest for perfect oatmeal. The cafeteria at work had oatmeal and if you timed it right it was not too watery, it was perfect. I don't want to have any crunch in my oatmeal. I admit to great fussiness.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #98 on: December 04, 2019, 12:57:51 PM »
@KSM  I didn't take pics man.  BUT!  I used 3 eggs, mushrooms, spinach, pancetta, and swiss cheese.   Next time I WILL take pics and I will be regarded as 'the omelet master.'  It may be my destiny.  ;D

I would sit quietly still and let you make one of those for me.

;)

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #99 on: December 04, 2019, 01:03:24 PM »
@juan  How about a frittata? Without the cheese and the Velveeta of course.  ;)

Back in the spring my younger brother and I were at the hospital with my older brother. He had just had surgery and was doing very well. They gave him a lovely breakfast, a nice frittata. Spell check wants to make that fritter, but I meant what I typed. Anyway, my older brother claims to hate cheese. He was loving that frittata though, and my younger brother showed me the menu....cheese frittata. Dutiful siblings are we, and we spoke of other things until he was finished eating. He ate that whole frittata and was still complimenting it when we revealed the secret ingredient to him. He claimed the anesthesia and surgery was the cause of his temporary insanity.   ;D

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #100 on: December 04, 2019, 01:04:26 PM »
You know what's especially horrible?  The donuts people bring to work from supermarkets like Safeway. 

They aren't deep fried at all, it's as though they make a donut shape out of lightly sweetened white bread, bake it, then add glaze, sprinkles, maple, chocolate, or whatever else.  Pass.

Ew!

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #101 on: December 04, 2019, 03:01:20 PM »
Pancetta had parents, it is pork. @ShayP ruined his gorg sounding creation with spinach.

@DynamoHum   What? Not a fan of spinach are you? Have you never seen Popeye?  tsk tsk   Me...I'm strong to the finish 'cause I eat my spinach.   ;) :D 

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2019, 03:04:20 PM »
Nice idea. I did not manage the omelet today. The rye bread remains intact.

I have, however, been on a quest for perfect oatmeal. The cafeteria at work had oatmeal and if you timed it right it was not too watery, it was perfect. I don't want to have any crunch in my oatmeal. I admit to great fussiness.

@anniem  I had the Reuben today at a local restaurant.  Hit the spot.  Fussiness?  I won't make you oatmeal then, but I'll make you an omelet.  ;)  I don't think you'd like my oatmeal.   :-\

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2019, 03:06:54 PM »
Even I hate my oatmeal.
Merry Christmas

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2019, 03:10:41 PM »
Back in the spring my younger brother and I were at the hospital with my older brother. He had just had surgery and was doing very well. They gave him a lovely breakfast, a nice frittata. Spell check wants to make that fritter, but I meant what I typed. Anyway, my older brother claims to hate cheese. He was loving that frittata though, and my younger brother showed me the menu....cheese frittata. Dutiful siblings are we, and we spoke of other things until he was finished eating. He ate that whole frittata and was still complimenting it when we revealed the secret ingredient to him. He claimed the anesthesia and surgery was the cause of his temporary insanity.   ;D

@anniem  Ha! That reminds me of my Mom who claims to hate cilantro.  Yet she unknowingly eats foods that contain it. (like salsa)  She likes a dish I make.  Coconut curry chicken.  The sauce has cilantro.  She was fussy about it and told me not to put it in anymore.  Well, I did anyway and told her it was parsley.  I know...I'm a bad son.  However, she couldn't tell the difference and always liked it.  I broke the news to her about a year later.  She didn't believe me...but it's true.  However she hasn't asked me to make it again. LOL!