Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 274782 times)

ItsOver

• Ellevated
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #1110 on: September 17, 2021, 05:24:59 PM »
“From 6–10pm PT, Art Bell: Somewhere in Time returns to September 19, 2002, when Dr. Paul Moller discussed a future world with our own flying cars.”

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2021-09-18-show/

Heh, any day now.  Right.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #1111 on: September 17, 2021, 05:27:25 PM »
“From 6–10pm PT, Art Bell: Somewhere in Time returns to September 19, 2002, when Dr. Paul Moller discussed a future world with our own flying cars.”

I was listening to something on u7 radio and I looked up the flying car company and discovered they were not only still in business but they were in development with some major brand for an engine if I am not mistaken.
Eh, nevermind...

Gd5150

• I Am A Stupid Cunt
  • Elluminati
« Reply #1112 on: September 17, 2021, 07:41:07 PM »

Awe maaaaaaaaaan. I remember hearing that one the first time. It’s been like 20 years since we were supposed to have those damn things. Cmon man!

Gd5150

• I Am A Stupid Cunt
  • Elluminati
« Reply #1113 on: September 17, 2021, 08:02:13 PM »
Just listened to the time Art called into the podcast from that old website. Never heard that one but it was interesting. His opinion on Knapp and Snoory. And redacted called in just after he signed off. Pretty funny considering all that happened since.

Always wondered why these legends of radio can’t seem to pass on their skill to the hosts that follow. Thought the same with Rush’s passing.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1114 on: September 17, 2021, 08:16:41 PM »
Just listened to the time Art called into the podcast from that old website. Never heard that one but it was interesting. His opinion on Knapp and Snoory. And redacted called in just after he signed off. Pretty funny considering all that happened since.

Always wondered why these legends of radio can’t seem to pass on their skill to the hosts that follow. Thought the same with Rush’s passing.

John Lennon once famously said, referring to what made the Beatles such popular artists, if they knew, they would become managers.

I bet, if Ramona had lived, whoever succeeded Art would have been a better selection. I still firmly believe that Ramona was the reason Art was successful.  She not only had a voice for radio, she had the business acumen.

Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1115 on: September 19, 2021, 12:34:01 AM »
I'm listening to Dreamland Radio on TuneIn...

Don McIlvaney was the guest. Way too accurate although 20 years off.

The show is almost 30 years old and still more compelling than modern C2Cam shows.
https://www.mcalvanyintelligenceadvisor.com/about   
Eh, nevermind...

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1116 on: September 19, 2021, 04:56:39 AM »
Awe maaaaaaaaaan. I remember hearing that one the first time. It’s been like 20 years since we were supposed to have those damn things. Cmon man!

Nothing but a bunch of "Lieing dogfaced pony soldiers"

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1117 on: September 26, 2021, 04:29:48 PM »
Listening to a Dark Matter show on a U7 Radio stream.  Art wasn't "there" for that either. A caller asked if he was now full-time in Pahrump, he was horribly uncomfortable sounding. C2C was another uncomfortable issue and people were still giving him "ditto" greetings. "Roswells" didn't do It for me anyway.
Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1118 on: September 26, 2021, 04:46:35 PM »
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1119 on: September 26, 2021, 06:24:47 PM »
By the way...

1995 called, it had finished the website for Airyn.

http://artbelllegacy.com

https://web.archive.org/web/20011120062010/http://www.artbell.com/index.html

''Who's Voice Shall Be With Us For All Time''

Matching apostrophes?

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1120 on: September 26, 2021, 07:41:54 PM »
''Who's Voice Shall Be With Us For All Time''

Matching apostrophes?

He must have written it himself! There's no way that Airyn would spell something so badly.... It wasn't her fault her name was butchered by that German hospital guy.
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1121 on: September 26, 2021, 08:07:28 PM »
He must have written it himself!...

Haha, yeah

Uncle Duke

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #1122 on: September 28, 2021, 06:32:07 AM »
I listened to a C2C repeat from 28 March 2004 this morning.  Bell's last call was from a guy claiming to be from Wash DC, who further claimed he was with the DoD.  In response to a previous caller, he told Bell he knew about an advanced propulsion system under development.  When asked where the technology came from, he said something like, "I think you know."  With that Bell told the guy he'd like to use him as an inside source and dubbed him, " Deep Throat."  The caller agreed to fulfill that role and to stay in touch.

To anyone's knowledge, did he ever call or appear again with Bell on C2C, DM, or MitD?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1123 on: September 28, 2021, 10:03:59 AM »
I listened to a C2C repeat from 28 March 2004 this morning.  Bell's last call was from a guy claiming to be from Wash DC, who further claimed he was with the DoD.  In response to a previous caller, he told Bell he knew about an advanced propulsion system under development.  When asked where the technology came from, he said something like, "I think you know."  With that Bell told the guy he'd like to use him as an inside source and dubbed him, " Deep Throat."  The caller agreed to fulfill that role and to stay in touch.

To anyone's knowledge, did he ever call or appear again with Bell on C2C, DM, or MitD?
@Uncle Duke May I ask on what platform you heard that show? I am certain that C2C does not keep that one in its Art Bell archives.

Uncle Duke

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #1124 on: September 28, 2021, 11:02:41 AM »
@Uncle Duke May I ask on what platform you heard that show? I am certain that C2C does not keep that one in its Art Bell archives.

It was on U7 radio.