Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 589882 times)

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #120 on: December 18, 2018, 05:02:14 PM »
Marital Unit is very stoic, but I am always mindful.
Thank you for your kind words :)

You're most welcome, Dynamo. Sometimes it takes time. Today is my nephew's birthday, the one who committed suicide four years ago in March. I feel quite sad and reflective about him, and for some reason images of him as a toddler keep popping up unexpectedly in my mind, as I was very close to him when he was younger.

Truth is, he's probably happier over there (wherever "there" is), on the other side than he was here. Each year gets a little less hard, and soon I expect the measurement will switch over to gradually getting easier.
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

Fancy Lady Boots

• Ellightened
  • *** Fancy! ***
« Reply #121 on: December 18, 2018, 07:12:47 PM »
I wish I would stop getting only ads for Mazdas! I'm not looking for a car, and don't like Mazdas anyway! No offense to anyone who has one, btw.  :D

The algorithms are persistent! My name is Fancy Lady BOOTS. It should not be hard to figure out what to try and sell me. ::)

Fancy Lady Boots

• Ellightened
  • *** Fancy! ***
« Reply #122 on: December 18, 2018, 07:13:44 PM »
You're most welcome, Dynamo. Sometimes it takes time. Today is my nephew's birthday, the one who committed suicide four years ago in March. I feel quite sad and reflective about him, and for some reason images of him as a toddler keep popping up unexpectedly in my mind, as I was very close to him when he was younger.

Truth is, he's probably happier over there (wherever "there" is), on the other side than he was here. Each year gets a little less hard, and soon I expect the measurement will switch over to gradually getting easier.

I'm so sorry, Aquarius.

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #123 on: December 18, 2018, 08:41:35 PM »
I wish I would stop getting only ads for Mazdas! I'm not looking for a car, and don't like Mazdas anyway! No offense to anyone who has one, btw.  :D

Aha! Tonight I finally got... BeautyCounter! Makeup and stuff, clicked on it immediately in the hopes that the AI will decide to send me more interesting things than cars..  and then got an ad for a Subaru. Sigh.
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #124 on: December 18, 2018, 08:42:20 PM »
I'm so sorry, Aquarius.

Thanks kindly, FLB.

And may you get shoe and boot ads soon!

Fancy Lady Boots

• Ellightened
  • *** Fancy! ***
« Reply #125 on: December 18, 2018, 08:48:21 PM »
Thanks kindly, FLB.

And may you get shoe and boot ads soon!

I finally got a line up of metallic loafers from Macy's. It must have noticed that I've been considering some gold mules I saw on sale. Good algorithm!

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #126 on: December 18, 2018, 10:10:18 PM »
@Fancy Lady Boots

Fancy Lady Boots, would make a great name for a band. Not my band but definitely some.. kinda cool 8)

Fancy Lady Boots

• Ellightened
  • *** Fancy! ***
« Reply #127 on: December 19, 2018, 05:59:39 AM »
@Fancy Lady Boots

Fancy Lady Boots, would make a great name for a band. Not my band but definitely some.. kinda cool 8)

I agree! It's too bad I'm not musical.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #128 on: December 19, 2018, 06:11:40 AM »

So sorry to hear of your nephew’s death. Memories of him as a toddler must be bitter sweet. Suicide leaves the loved one with so many questions. With the Christmas Season upon us, I think back on those who are no longer on this earth. I believe in “life after death” and that universe is a better place than here.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #129 on: December 19, 2018, 06:16:17 AM »
The algorithms are persistent! My name is Fancy Lady BOOTS. It should not be hard to figure out what to try and sell me. ::)
Since playing hockey is big in my family, I buy lots of NHL items on line for gifts. Most of my ads are for the things I buy on line. If feels like I am being stalked. They do try to figure you out. Thank God, I do not get fish ads. Fancy boots ads sounds like nice ads.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #130 on: December 19, 2018, 07:59:46 AM »
I bought about $200 of canned food and brought it to the local food bank.
Pull up at drop off and hand 3 boxes to the guy at the door.
He says, "Is that it?"
I hope Santa shits in your turkey while you sleep, greedy food bank guy.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #131 on: December 19, 2018, 08:02:52 AM »
I bought about $200 of canned food and brought it to the local food bank.
Pull up at drop off and hand 3 boxes to the guy at the door.
He says, "Is that it?"
I hope Santa shits in your turkey while you sleep, greedy food bank guy.

Went to a restaurant in Lionshead last night. They only had three types of poutine on the menu.
Are we having fun yet?

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #132 on: December 19, 2018, 08:05:58 AM »
Went to a restaurant in Lionshead last night. They only had three types of poutine on the menu.

There should only be one type!

You got your fries.
You got your cheese curds.
You got your gravy.

STICK TO THE BASICS!

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #133 on: December 19, 2018, 08:09:17 AM »
There should only be one type!

You got your fries.
You got your cheese curds.
You got your gravy.

STICK TO THE BASICS!

I tried to explain that to the waitress. She threatened to call the police if I continued to refuse to sit down. They did not seem to understand the concept of HOF immunity.
Are we having fun yet?

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #134 on: December 19, 2018, 08:11:47 AM »
Frikking hipsters
Are we having fun yet?