Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 589494 times)

Dwindling Stacks

• Elluminati
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #1020 on: October 26, 2019, 03:39:50 PM »
@Aldous Burbank is affected.

@Falkie2013 put out a video saying his county was going dark. But he has plenty of sterno and a book of matches.
I wonder if @Falkie2013 will do a special show ranting on PG&E.  Wanting to sue them as they are preventing him from making a living.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1021 on: October 26, 2019, 03:51:06 PM »
I think everyone is fed up with this time change business...

Not me, I ride my bike after work and that means months of riding that I wouldn't have if not for DST

My suggestion would be to adjust clocks so the sun sets at 9pm all year 'round.  Fine with me if that means sunrise came at noon during the winter.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1022 on: October 26, 2019, 04:02:47 PM »
Is anyone else set to have their power shut off by PG&E today to prevent wildfires?  It’s going to be an interesting weekend.

These fucking fascists at PG&E.

For years, decades, they've spent the money they told us they needed to keep their equipment maintained and upgraded on fatcat salaries, shareholder dividends, and other waste instead.  Now that they are being held to account by the courts they've decided to punish their customers, hoping the 'customers' will pressure the legislature, who will then to give PGE a pass on their malevolency.

As an important monopoly, they are supposed to be regulated by the PUC, but of course top PUC and PGE employees go back and forth between the two organizations, and there isn't much meaningful 'regulation' going on at all.  PGE is a big donor to all the legislators in our one-party corrupt banana republic, so, you know, there isn't much meaningful oversight from them either.  All of which adds up to these scumbags assuming they can get away with these shutoffs, and ultimately end up with immunity from fires and deaths they cause.

Where I live there hasn't been any forest fires - ever, nothing - but we're being punished just the same.

PG&E is a cheap, greedy, dishonest, incompetent, corrupt, unethical organization, and I can't wait for them to go completely bankrupt and the management of our power grid turned over to someone else.  With all the corruption, bums, filth, incompetence, and now no power, we may as well be living is some forth world country.  At least things would be affordable.

The possible silver lining is the governor standing above the cowardly legislators and PUC and sticking it up PGE's ass .  He'd rather be president someday than just go along with all this.  He's showing signs of backbone, and siding the public. 

Speaking of the public, I'm going to do my best to not strangle the next person around here who says something along the lines of ''well, it's for our safety''.  Jesus Christ.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #1023 on: October 26, 2019, 04:12:33 PM »
How about if someone says it’s what you get for living in a communist state?
Merry Christmas

Dwindling Stacks

• Elluminati
« Reply #1024 on: October 26, 2019, 04:12:48 PM »
These fucking fascists at PG&E.

For years, decades, they've spent the money they charged us to keep their equipment maintained and upgraded on fatcat salaries, shareholder dividends, and other waste instead.  Now that they are being held to account by the courts, they've decided to punish the people they are supposed to supply with their monopoly grip on our power grid.

As an important monopoly, they are supposed to be regulated by the PUC, but of course top PUC and PGE employees go back and forth between the two, and there isn't much meaningful 'regulation' going on at all.  PGE is a big donor to all legislators in our one-party corrupt banana republic, so there isn't much meaningful oversight from them either.  All of which adds up to these scumbags assuming they can get away with these shutoffs, and somehow get immunity from fires they cause when people demand their power remain on.

Where I live there hasn't been any forest fires - ever - but we're being punished just the same.

PG&E is a cheap, greedy, incompetent, unethical organization, and I can't wait for them to go completely bankrupt and be forced to turn over management of our electrical and gas grid to someone else.  With all the bums, filth, incompetence, and now no power, we may as well be living is some forth world country.  At least things would be affordable.

The possible silver lining is the governor standing above the petty legislators and PUC and sticking it up PGEs ass .  He'd rather be president someday than just o along with all this.  He's showing signs of backbone, and siding the public. 

Speaking of the public, I'm going to do my best to not strangle the next person around here who says something along the lines of ''well, it's for our safety''.  Jesus Christ.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1025 on: October 26, 2019, 04:12:58 PM »

That's ok, hell, I tell people that

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #1026 on: October 26, 2019, 06:52:26 PM »

Jerry Brown's sister was profiting by being on boards and employed by many California utilities. 

Utilities were caught with a married female lobbyist fucking politicians to get away with relaxed public utilities rules (I can't find the stories in Google any longer, humm).  Video of a politician bragging that his conquest left her going up stairs with his ejaculate dripping out of her... Something about "eyepatch" panties too. Yep.

Corruption is deep. Nothing will change with a democrat supermajority and 130% voter turnout in areas of the state (aka voter fraud, a Berkeley study says 3.5 million ineligible voters are on the books in CA alone).

Fuck California.
Eh, nevermind...

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #1027 on: October 27, 2019, 04:19:51 AM »
Yep. Georgia and Florida were both once one party Democrat states. Look up The Pork Chop Gang in Florida.
Merry Christmas

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #1028 on: October 27, 2019, 08:47:25 AM »

PG&E = Capitalist Fat Cats. That's about as far as you can get from Communism. Not to worry, @sean92008 and @PB . More state regulations to check the energy conglomerates will be coming. Along with a shit ton more environmental legislation to address climate change. Where do you think the Diablos and Santa Anas are coming from? God?

Now quit shitting up this thread and you Grumpy Old Poops get back to your echo chamber in Politics. I will even meet you there and kick all your asses singlehanded. Or at least pick up a broom and start sweeping the forest floor

“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1029 on: October 27, 2019, 10:03:52 AM »
PG&E = Capitalist Fat Cats. That's about as far as you can get from Communism. Not to worry, @sean92008 and @PB . More state regulations to check the energy conglomerates will be coming. Along with a shit ton more environmental legislation to address climate change. Where do you think the Diablos and Santa Anas are coming from? God?

Now quit shitting up this thread and you Grumpy Old Poops get back to your echo chamber in Politics. I will even meet you there and kick all your asses singlehanded. Or at least pick up a broom and start sweeping the forest floor

Hehehe.  What is hilarious is that I grew up in San Diego, it's always been like this.  I remember in the early 70s when we were putting bricks in toilets (in the tanks, silly) to cut down on water use. Turning off lights in school on sunny days, to save electricity.  Not watering lawns was another one. It's all been done before 45-50 years ago.  Bonnie Haynes did a series on our climate's effect on consumerism for KOGO/KGTV channel 10.  We live in the desert.  It hasn't changed over 200 years.  the only thing that has changed is that there is a lot more pavement around the official weather stations.  The average or median day-night temperature was 63.2° in the early 80s (I won a contest knowing that, I think in 1981...).  Last year, 63.6°.  Sun spot activity and polar shift changes how those cosmic rays hit our planet and jet streams form easily account for variations. Add pavement's impact and maybe those temps would have dropped without development.
Eh, nevermind...

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1030 on: October 28, 2019, 04:54:07 AM »
Good morning, EllWorld. I'm awake way too early

My philosophy

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
« Reply #1031 on: October 28, 2019, 07:18:05 AM »

My philosophy

Good morning @VampireLily , I support your philosophy.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1032 on: October 28, 2019, 08:40:24 AM »

My philosophy

According to my brood of rescues, they want me to serve them.

It's us hu-mans who need saving...
😺😺😺
Eh, nevermind...

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1033 on: October 28, 2019, 08:51:34 AM »

On their part sort of a, "thank goodness I saved you. Now serve me my dinner"

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1034 on: October 28, 2019, 09:08:50 AM »