Author Topic: Damon's fishing gab thread  (Read 32758 times)

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing
Damon's fishing gab thread
« on: July 05, 2018, 12:43:04 PM »
Here is the fishing thread for this forum.

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
Re: Damon's fishing gab thread
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 09:08:52 PM »
I'm going fishing at Spirit lake on Tuesday. 

LittleChris

• Hall Of Famer
  • Drone Pilot
    • Join The Conversation!
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 09:17:57 PM »
Here is the fishing thread for this forum.

Here is a fish.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 09:23:55 PM »
I'm going fishing at Spirit lake on Tuesday.
I'm assuming yer not going for ash and old logs so not the Mt. St. Helens one but the one in the great Inland Empire. Good luck and have fun. Post pics of your catch.

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 09:33:38 AM »
I'm assuming yer not going for ash and old logs so not the Mt. St. Helens one but the one in the great Inland Empire. Good luck and have fun. Post pics of your catch.

I'm taking my Mossberg 590.  With some very light bird shot.  WTF, why don't they make fish shot?  How the fuck are you supposed to mount the head and tail fin if you inadvertently load 3" slugs?

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 10:32:57 AM »
I'm taking my Mossberg 590.  With some very light bird shot.  WTF, why don't they make fish shot?  How the fuck are you supposed to mount the head and tail fin if you inadvertently load 3" slugs?
I'd never heard of shooting fish.  Is that after you catch them?  Probably better than letting them suffocate in a bucket like some people do?

Metron

• Nursery Resident
  • KIDD
  • the propinquity of moving electrons
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2018, 03:40:19 PM »
Nah, we like to:

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2018, 07:08:55 AM »
WTF, why don't they make fish shot? 

LMAO!!!!

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 07:13:36 AM »
I need to buy all new tackle.  Trying to hit the water in a couple weeks.  Bastards raised the license fee again.

Any recommendations on some good bass lures?  I may be the only person that can't catch a bass with spinner bait.   :-[

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2018, 07:19:58 AM »
Favorite rods?...reels?

I have a Zebco Rhino that I purchased 30 years ago and that thing is awesome.  I'll never get rid of it.  I also love Daiwa reels.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2018, 10:45:50 AM »
Nah, we like to:

God, what if you miss the brain the first five tries?  My dad tried to kill an animal once by sledge hammering its head and it did not die for several minutes.  Yuck.  This fish already looked pretty dead.  But the guy seems to know where the brain is but the seizure when slicing it.  I appreciate the info.  I've asked many people this question and you guys with your brain cut and bird shot are the onky answers I've ever gotten.  I wonder if a quick decapitation might work too.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2018, 10:46:56 AM »
I need to buy all new tackle.  Trying to hit the water in a couple weeks.  Bastards raised the license fee again.

Any recommendations on some good bass lures?  I may be the only person that can't catch a bass with spinner bait.   :-[
I've noticed some of the vinyl tackle boxes are not waterproof on the bottom.  Kind of stupid, right?

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2018, 04:08:52 PM »
I've noticed some of the vinyl tackle boxes are not waterproof on the bottom.  Kind of stupid, right?
Ha! Absolutely.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2018, 04:26:51 PM »
Ha! Absolutely.

Years ago I had a cheap tackle-box made by a Prominent company and the plastic used in the trays would react with fake worms or some lures. Sort of melt and fuse together. Including the tray itself molding a bit into a reverse worm shape! (This was when I was young and just threw the fake worms and lures into the trays and before fake worms had all the gimmicks, scent, etc and kept in own packaging.)

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2018, 04:37:29 PM »
Years ago I had a cheap tackle-box made by a Prominent company and the plastic used in the trays would react with fake worms or some lures. Sort of melt and fuse together. Including the tray itself molding a bit into a reverse worm shape! (This was when I was young and just threw the fake worms and lures into the trays and before fake worms had all the gimmicks, scent, etc and kept in own packaging.)

That's really bizarre.