Author Topic: David Jacobs and abductions  (Read 2904 times)

henge0stone

• KIDD
David Jacobs and abductions
« on: August 30, 2018, 01:48:22 PM »

starts about 30 min in. This guy Jack Brewer finally did some critical analysis of the unqualified hypnotherapists.

Moosie

• Dickhead
  • Elluminati
  • Founding member: Bart's Bitchen Babes
Re: David Jacobs and abductions
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 08:47:48 PM »
Isn't David Jacobs the one that has a degree in history, held himself out as a psychologist and then convinced some poor woman she had Dissociative Identity Disorder and the girl had it all on tape?
Praise BE

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 08:54:39 PM »
Isn't David Jacobs the one that has a degree in history, held himself out as a psychologist and then convinced some poor woman she had Dissociative Identity Disorder and the girl had it all on tape?

Is she the one that he asked to send him her panties?

The really shame is David Jacobs will be the answer to the trivia question of “Who did Art Bell interview last?”

For some reason Art Bell seemed to really believe in Jacobs. Had him on twice during the 5 months he did MITD.
Are we having fun yet?

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
  • Board Satyr and Fetishmeister
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 09:03:30 PM »
I like Jacobs and I think his research is for the most part legitimate.  I have a real problem with hypnotic regression in general but I believe Jacobs is sincere in his desire to find out the truth.
"Supernatural, perhaps. Baloney, perhaps not. There are many things under the sun." - Bela Lugosi as Dr. Vitus Verdegast in The Black Cat.

Moosie

• Dickhead
  • Elluminati
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 09:08:44 PM »
I like Jacobs and I think his research is for the most part legitimate.  I have a real problem with hypnotic regression in general but I believe Jacobs is sincere in his desire to find out the truth.

The really shame is David Jacobs will be the answer to the trivia question of “Who did Art Bell interview last?”

For some reason Art Bell seemed to really believe in Jacobs. Had him on twice during the 5 months he did MITD.

I think David did a moral transgression (the girl with DID). But I agree, if there is alien life it isn't necessarily in our best interest. He was an interesting guest.
Praise BE

henge0stone

• KIDD
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2018, 07:51:10 PM »

Art has always believed the talking point that hypnotherapy is a valid way to retrieve lost memory even though modern science says it is not. Frankly I am not sure why. He probably didn't look that deep into it and just let them talk because alien abduction was such a large part of the fringe topics he talked about and I'm sure his relationship Strieber clouded his judgement.

Moosie

• Dickhead
  • Elluminati
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2018, 04:03:13 AM »
Art has always believed the talking point that hypnotherapy is a valid way to retrieve lost memory even though modern science says it is not. Frankly I am not sure why. He probably didn't look that deep into it and just let them talk because alien abduction was such a large part of the fringe topics he talked about and I'm sure his relationship Strieber clouded his judgement.

Art was a professional entertainer and one of the most gifted interviewers I've ever had the pleasure to listen to. As such his personal views would take a back seat to his delivering viable entertainment that would build his brand. I'm not sure what his personal beliefs actually were. I'm not sure it's even that important.
Praise BE

Freddy

• KIDD
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2018, 07:48:29 PM »
Jack Brewer's book, The Greys Have Been Framed, is a great work of skepticism and a veritable take-down of David Jacobs and freaks like him.

I enjoyed it immensely. See also: 'UFO Abductions: A Dangerous Game' by Philip Klass and 'Mirage Men' by Mark Pilkington.

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2018, 12:27:42 AM »
Jack Brewer's book, The Greys Have Been Framed, is a great work of skepticism and a veritable take-down of David Jacobs and freaks like him.

I enjoyed it immensely. See also: 'UFO Abductions: A Dangerous Game' by Philip Klass and 'Mirage Men' by Mark Pilkington.
Bravo! If hypnotic regression is not a tool validated for law enforcement to remember everyday things, why would it work with extraterrestrials, past lives or anything else?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2018, 03:20:51 AM »
Had him on twice during the 5 months he did MITD.

Pretty sure those two shows were back to back. My guess is that Art didn't have a guest for the second night, orrr that you're right about Art's thoughts on what Jacobs has to say. I like those interviews.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2018, 12:07:00 PM »
I don’t know if alien girls wear panties.
Merry Christmas

SonnetGames

• KIDD
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2018, 09:21:23 PM »
Mr. Jacobs's methods and findings were ridiculous and of zero value.

His theories concerning women's panties are worthy of further study, however...