Author Topic: The Little Podcast That Did  (Read 134081 times)

EarthAlien007

• Drone Pilot
Re: The Little Podcast That Did
« Reply #765 on: July 07, 2019, 10:07:43 AM »
Here is tonight’s show - let us know if you can hear the EVP we think we may have captured :)

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZR5P37ZdUUH2AbXP1Xokmd3GVGxV71ee3Sy

Another really good show. Aquarius is an excellent guest host.
I'll listen to this again later and pay more attention to the EVP.
This show is going on the air no matter what. -Heather Wade

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #766 on: July 07, 2019, 10:23:44 AM »
I've been hearing rumours that the most recent show was even lousier than usual and has now descended to an almost subterranean level of pointlessness and incompetence. I find this hard to believe since the last one I heard convinced me things couldn't possibly get any worse. I read a report that someone was listening to this show on a bus and it caused a bout of explosive diarrhoea that led to the vehicle being abandoned and created a five mile traffic jam.

I hope your anus has recovered.
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #767 on: July 07, 2019, 10:24:31 AM »
Another really good show. Aquarius is an excellent guest host.
I'll listen to this again later and pay more attention to the EVP.

She absolutely is :) Glad you enjoyed it - I would have been absolutely out of my depth without Aq there to hold my hand through the ether :)
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

EarthAlien007

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #768 on: July 07, 2019, 10:28:16 AM »
She absolutely is :) Glad you enjoyed it - I would have been absolutely out of my depth without Aq there to hold my hand through the ether :)

You two are a really good team and this show just keeps getting better.
This show is going on the air no matter what. -Heather Wade

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #769 on: July 07, 2019, 10:35:07 AM »

Thank you :)
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #770 on: July 07, 2019, 11:36:21 AM »

I agree, they were a fantastic team. Great show!

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #771 on: July 07, 2019, 12:09:43 PM »
Uh-huh. I hear lots of stories like this. Let me guess, he got an urgent commission for a cathedral in Buenos Aires in 1945 and was never heard of again?
Racism everywhere today! ::)

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #772 on: July 07, 2019, 09:05:28 PM »
Captured EVP? Are you being a smart ass? The stream did start with a double talk. Eh, nevermind...

Thank you @Aquarius , @DynamoHum and @wr250 .
Maureen St. Germain was an influential guest for me. I am impressed that Aquarius has a long friendship with this woman. I had so much work to do on this Saturday night. Also, I was receiving tornado alert warnings. I decided that I would stream the podcast, do my work and ignore any tornadoes.  ::)
The stream was acting bad for me. I stopped my work and closed the stream. I turned on my computer.  I sat down and listened. The conversation was thought-provoking. I was not EXPECTING this philosophical information. I knew something was waking up in me.
Thank you all again. +1 karma for all.
PS/ Aquarius is marvelous host.

Dear @FISH, I really appreciate your comments, I feel quite touched by them and by you. Thank you for listening and sharing your responses!
They are very much appreciated! +1
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #773 on: July 07, 2019, 09:10:37 PM »
Yes the 44:40 mark :)

WR thinks it says “This is unfair”

Your brother is a double synaesthete! Colours and smells!

Mine is nice, but can be rather limiting. Hearing new music can be difficult as it can be overwhelming, so I have to slowly expand the range of what I listen to.

It’s very useful and interesting to hear how some composers use thematic stuff as that appears very similar to me perhaps in ways other people don’t notice.

I have a terrible memory for band names and song names, but my synaesthesia gives me almost perfect recollection of songs and lyrics - when a song comes on the radio I can identify it within one or two notes, but couldn’t tell you the name of the song - so a rubbish talent in quizzes!

I can’t listen to music to go to sleep, it is far too immersive for me, which is possibly why I like to listen to woo radio at night while I go to sleep/am asleep.

I found your discussion of synesthesia very interesting, @DynamoHum. I do not associate colors with music, but I have always sensed music as moving in space, in a flow of motion. I can "listen" to full orchestrations in my head, even to individual instruments, but it's most often with a sense of movement in space. My uncle, who taught me the patterns conductors use to lead the orchestra when I was around 8 or so, seemed to understand that, and encouraged me to follow what I sensed and "sculpt" the music the way I experienced it, not only in the traditional conducting patterns. I have always been grateful to him for that.

It was such a pleasure to do the podcast with you, you're really good at it, and you ask really good questions and raise the most interesting points. Thank you so much for the chance to do that with you, it was REALLY fun!

And of course Maureen, as always, was a hoot. And smart. And interesting. I won't go on, but you all get the idea.  ;)

+1 to you.
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #774 on: July 07, 2019, 09:13:20 PM »
I agree, they were a fantastic team. Great show!

@anniem and @EarthAlien007, thank you both so much for your really lovely comments, you all are making me blush!

I really appreciate that you all listened, and that you enjoyed it means a lot to me.

Maureen told me afterwards that she felt that the combination of @DynamoHum and her old pal, moi, made for one of the very best and far-ranging interivews she's done, she loved the experience and was impressed by the questions that came up in the chat room, so thank you all for that, too.

+1 to you both!

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #775 on: July 07, 2019, 09:16:54 PM »
Captured EVP? Are you being a smart ass?
<snip>

No, it's there. It's four syllables, goes by VERY fast, male voice. Rhythm: da da daaa daaa, two short and two long syllables. Slowed it down and I am pretty sure the first word is "Its" but can't make out the rest. When I have a bit more time I will go back and see what we were talking about when that happened to see if there's any correlation or not. Really, it has that odd vocal quality of EVP's it does not sound like just a Discord glitch to me.

But I'm not sure we will ever know what it was saying or if it's legit or not. But very interesting!

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #776 on: July 09, 2019, 07:22:12 AM »
Dear @FISH, I really appreciate your comments, I feel quite touched by them and by you. Thank you for listening and sharing your responses!
They are very much appreciated! +1
@Aquarius , Saturday night was a series of events for me. I had to surrender. I had to sit down and just listen. As a host your bring your experience and knowledge to the talk. The topic that night was what I needed to hear.
"I guess you're just what I needed
(Just what I needed)"

Each podcast brings something to the table. My two favorite shows was Saturday and the June 8th podcast. Not to take away from @Lucky_Star or @ponyboysunset role as co hosting. Everyone has their own style.
And @DynamoHum has great hosting skills. All her years of listening to Art Bell has taught Dynamo.  ;)

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #777 on: July 09, 2019, 07:30:16 AM »
You're most welcome, @DynamoHum, and thank you @wr250! You both made it very easy for me and it was fun for me, a real pleasure. DH, you are really a great interviewer, and I think that you ask what you are calling "flippant" questions is what makes your interviews so good. When you follow your curiosity, imho that is hardly disrespectful; rather, it shows a real interest in the subject matter. And I think you're a great stand-in for the listeners, who are probably wondering similar things. So... ask away!  :D

Thank you also for all the kind comments from everyone, I am glad if you enjoyed the information I tried to share.  ;D

+1 DH and WR!
@wr250 - something is wrong. The You can hear it here is not working.

https://lptd.home.blog/2019/06/09/june-8-2019/

spinthebottle

• KIDD
« Reply #778 on: July 10, 2019, 06:42:51 PM »
The breathing problem could be copd or low energy. I am sure pbs was not very happy about aquarius being on either.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #779 on: July 11, 2019, 12:44:51 AM »
The breathing problem could be copd or low energy. I am sure pbs was not very happy about aquarius being on either.

Getting over bronchitis.Hope it isn’t copd!

Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3