Author Topic: NFL Football  (Read 116464 times)

Metron

• Nursery Resident
  • KIDD
  • the propinquity of moving electrons
Re: NFL Football
« Reply #150 on: September 23, 2018, 09:36:10 AM »
Matt Snell, Namath, Riggo, et al... :D

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
  • My favorite breed is Rescue
« Reply #151 on: September 23, 2018, 09:57:43 AM »
Matt Snell, Namath, Riggo, et al... :D
Broadway Joe  :)  Love him or hate him, he brought the old AFL from second rate league to equality with the NFL...

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #152 on: September 25, 2018, 08:31:56 AM »
Quite the game last night. Two dynamic old warriors as quarterbacks. And just when the game seemed locked up, the Journeyman Quarterback came roaring back. And finally a W for the Steelers, who of course I was rooting for.  Cheers, Shay!
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #153 on: September 25, 2018, 01:50:47 PM »
Quite the game last night. Two dynamic old warriors as quarterbacks. And just when the game seemed locked up, the Journeyman Quarterback came roaring back. And finally a W for the Steelers, who of course I was rooting for.  Cheers, Shay!

Cheers TL!  :)

I really thought the Steelers would lose.  Until that defense comes together, and they gain some discipline, they won't convince me that they are Super Bowl capable.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #154 on: October 01, 2018, 05:56:03 AM »
Yet another game where I'm chuckling and shaking my head in disbelief at my team.  Steelers lose to the Ravens in Heinz Field.  Ridiculous.  Fall behind early.  Can't run the ball.  Can't convert on 3rd down.  Defense is still garbage, they can't cover.  Big Ben still loves to throw into double and triple coverage.  Oh, and the officiating.  What a bunch of clowns.  I fully expect Atlanta to come into Pittsburgh next week and throttle them.  Seeing the secondary try to cover Calvin Ridley and Julio Jones is going to be be comical.  I don't think Julio has a TD yet.  He'll get 2 against the Steelers. 

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #155 on: October 08, 2018, 07:15:31 AM »
Incredibly surprised, and obviously happy, about the Steelers result.  Never would I think they would shut-down the Falcons top 2 receivers, nor stuff the run.  Hopefully they are coming together.  I'm still skeptical of that defense and will remain so. 

Also, I noticed the Browns still have that energy Mayfield brought along last week.  Not a Browns fan at all but it's good to see some life there.  I appreciate these Browns more since they are not the original Browns (now Ravens).  I hated the original Browns.  These Browns...I just dislike.   ;)

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #156 on: October 08, 2018, 10:06:25 AM »
First thing most importantly I finally won a week of Fantasy League.   ;D

The NFL has been really inconsistent this year. It must be a betters nightmare as a team can look great one week and awful the next.

With the exception of the Chiefs every team has looked great one week and awful the next. Heck even KC looked really bad in the first half of their MNF game with the Broncos 

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #157 on: October 08, 2018, 12:14:32 PM »

The NFL has been really inconsistent this year. It must be a betters nightmare as a team can look great one week and awful the next.

With the exception of the Chiefs every team has looked great one week and awful the next. Heck even KC looked really bad in the first half of their MNF game with the Broncos

Congrats on the win.  ;)   All I know is I did many mock drafts before I decided not to participate this year and I'm glad I didn't.  My team would suck. 

I agree with the inconsistency.  I also am sick of these piss poor referees.  It looks like they are figuring out as they go along.  Don't get me started on the rule changes either.  It's ridiculous, IMO.

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
  • My favorite breed is Rescue
« Reply #158 on: October 08, 2018, 12:15:19 PM »

The Chiefs looked good yesterday. The Jaguars had high hopes going into the game that they would win but the usually good defense had some lapses and the on and off offense was off for most of the game.

Gd5150

• I Am A Stupid Cunt
  • Elluminati
« Reply #159 on: October 11, 2018, 08:53:49 AM »

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #160 on: October 11, 2018, 09:54:58 AM »

With the exception of the Chiefs and the Rams every team has looked great one week and awful the next. Heck even KC looked really bad in the first half of their MNF game with the Broncos

FIFY  8)

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
    • Stroll Down Memory Lane
« Reply #161 on: November 16, 2018, 07:47:36 PM »

President Trump on Friday awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation’s highest civilian commendation. He has selected an eclectic mix of honorees famous in the world of sports, entertainment, law and politics: Babe Ruth. Elvis Presley. Roger Staubach, the former Navy and Dallas Cowboys quarterback. Alan Page, a defensive tackle for the Minnesota Vikings who went on to become a state Supreme Court justice. Justice Antonin Scalia. Senator Orrin G. Hatch, Republican of Utah.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #162 on: November 19, 2018, 09:36:49 PM »

Owa Muh Gerd!  Watta game! 54- 51!!!  Shades of the next Super Bowl?
LA Together

Kidnostad

• Psychiatric Hold
  • Elluminati
« Reply #163 on: November 20, 2018, 05:55:27 AM »
Owa Muh Gerd!  Watta game! 54- 51!!!  Shades of the next Super Bowl?
LA Together

Did either team's defense show up for the game?

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #164 on: November 25, 2018, 08:55:36 AM »
Did either team's defense show up for the game?

Three touchdowns by the defense, iirc. Sorry I didn't check back @Kidnostad. I have now moved on to Sunday's football