Author Topic: Stupid crap my Father-in-law says  (Read 49996 times)

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
Re: Stupid crap my Father-in-law says
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2018, 07:03:03 PM »
Well this morning my Father-in-law caught my boxer (dog 1 years old) with a sock between this paws and he said Louie, if you chew this sock I'm gonna chew your ass with my foot, just 15 minutes ago he was (father-in-law) was on all 4's eye to eye with Louie and he was growling at Louie, Louie got up on his back two legs and popped my Dad (from here on out)in the face with his right paw and cut his eye lid I thought the shit was going to hit the fan but he just said "Louie I'll give you that one, you caught me off guard" he just put a cold wash cloth on it and it was bleeding alot and my husband didn't even think to as about telling him he needs stitches since the last time.  Now he is mumbling about what his friends are going to say when they ask him how he got his eye cut and blackened and he has to tell them "That damned dog punched me in the face because I growled at him".  This is true.

I kind of agree with everyone saying that your father in law is a good old Joe who likes to hang out with friends and do repairs and what not and that his behavior should be fostered.  But there must be a flaw somewhere with him because, after all, he is living with your family.  Absolutely none of my business but is he just getting too old to live by himself?  It's a shame really because now he reminds me of that movie, Gran Torino with Clint Eastwood.  I picture him sitting on his porch with his dog, only unlike Clint, not really caring if the neighborhood kids step on his lawn.  Especially if they are bringing something over that needs fixing. 

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2018, 07:30:36 PM »
I kind of agree with everyone saying that your father in law is a good old Joe who likes to hang out with friends and do repairs and what not and that his behavior should be fostered.  But there must be a flaw somewhere with him because, after all, he is living with your family.  Absolutely none of my business but is he just getting too old to live by himself?  It's a shame really because now he reminds me of that movie, Gran Torino with Clint Eastwood.  I picture him sitting on his porch with his dog, only unlike Clint, not really caring if the neighborhood kids step on his lawn.  Especially if they are bringing something over that needs fixing.
Yeah he seems like a good egg to me. I ask anyone here. When faced with a flood, tornado, hurricane, blizzard, etc do you want as a neighbor an old Marine who likes fixing stuff, likes kids, and is tough? Or a millennial who is an expert on youtube and his phone but can't even change a flat tire? Heck, even in a non-emergency time, which would be better to hang out with at a bbq for good stories?

And it is not surprising that you get into a bit of trouble with a dog, especially a Boxer or certain breeds, if you look 'em eye to eye and down at their level. That is instinctive stuff going on for them. Which is why it is sometimes fun but you can't blame yourself if you get dog bit or scratched. Funny the Boxer decides to "box" him though and hope he disinfected and eye ok.

Astro Bitch

• KNYE
  • Excuse me, which level of hell is this?
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2018, 08:25:54 PM »
he is in his 70's, the Police took his guns from him because he is a Viet Nam Vet so he says )I mean about the guns) but I think that has to do with the fact that he pulled a gun on the Water Company man who tried to shut his water off for non-payment but was the next door neighbors bill and he had an unlicensed bar in his house but he didn't charge because the only people who came to drink there was his friends and friends don't charge friends to drink.
Not all girls are made of sugar and spice and everything nice. Some girls are made of sarcasm, wind, and everything fine.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2018, 05:05:01 AM »
What kind of totalitarian state do you live in? You need a license for a home bar where your friends come to drink? For free? It sounds like you support this totalitarianism. The rigidity expressed in your posts is amazing. Go drink a soy free trade latte.
Merry Christmas

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2018, 01:43:45 PM »
I like your Dad-in-Law stories! He sounds awesome. Don't listen to Juan. Keep telling stories! I'm betting DIL would approve!
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

Astro Bitch

• KNYE
  • Excuse me, which level of hell is this?
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2018, 07:26:53 PM »
What kind of totalitarian state do you live in? You need a license for a home bar where your friends come to drink? For free? It sounds like you support this totalitarianism. The rigidity expressed in your posts is amazing. Go drink a soy free trade latte.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
He lived in California at the time.  Along with confiscating his guns they also confiscated his house because his bar was run out of his house so now he lives here with us.  Today he told one of my husband's friends that was helping with Thanksgiving Dinner, let me try to get this how he said it " Son, if you ever do that around me again, you are going to look mighty stupid when you have to tell the Dr. at the E.R. why my foot is broke off in your ass." ( He stuck is hand down the back of his pants and scratched his butt then ran his finger in front of his nose.)  DeAndre just looked at my Dad and said what? I was just checking to see if they smelled, and Dad replied " I'm about this close (holding up a finger and thumb about an inch apart) from breaking my foot off in your ass right now and save the time."

Not all girls are made of sugar and spice and everything nice. Some girls are made of sarcasm, wind, and everything fine.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2018, 07:50:40 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
He lived in California at the time.  Along with confiscating his guns they also confiscated his house because his bar was run out of his house so now he lives here with us.  Today he told one of my husband's friends that was helping with Thanksgiving Dinner, let me try to get this how he said it " Son, if you ever do that around me again, you are going to look mighty stupid when you have to tell the Dr. at the E.R. why my foot is broke off in your ass." ( He stuck is hand down the back of his pants and scratched his butt then ran his finger in front of his nose.)  DeAndre just looked at my Dad and said what? I was just checking to see if they smelled, and Dad replied " I'm about this close (holding up a finger and thumb about an inch apart) from breaking my foot off in your ass right now and save the time."

Well, I guess we can say that your father in law has anger issues, but wow, what an odd way to show them.  Really though, you have a very interesting thread here, A.B.  Keep up the good work.  I'm sure that a lot of us are interested in your father in law's further adventures. 

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2018, 06:53:55 AM »
He reminds me of my dad ... a curmudgeonly stubborn old bugger, but you kind of warm to him. Keep the stories coming!
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2018, 11:33:16 PM »
he drinks bourbon (Makers Mark)
thru ought the day, used to drink rum until that pirate stuff became popular, I would say half a liter a day,, is that too much?
Late to this party.  ",,,,is that too much?"  I hear the words but I don't know what they mean.

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2018, 11:37:12 PM »
Yes thy willhurt lie hell, but he will chrish the pain, that old shit comes from a different generation, to him pain is a sign of life, I can relate is a ways,, but I hate how he attracts the kids in the neighborhood, he fixes everything and even fixes the cars ij the neighborhood, he can weld, mold and do anything,, just too much for ....

Cherish the pain?  Correct me if I am wrong here, but I do think the word that would most transfer the idea of what your FIL is.... Relish.      He will relish the pain.    Real Men relish the pain.  Hell, we can even groove on the pain.

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2018, 11:39:01 PM »
Obviously you and your husband are granola eating, soy drinkers who don't understand that life is not free.

Juanito, go easy, bro.  She and her husband are probably very.... sensitive.   

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2018, 11:47:01 PM »
he is in his 70's, the Police took his guns from him because he is a Viet Nam Vet so he says )I mean about the guns) but I think that has to do with the fact that he pulled a gun on the Water Company man who tried to shut his water off for non-payment but was the next door neighbors bill and he had an unlicensed bar in his house but he didn't charge because the only people who came to drink there was his friends and friends don't charge friends to drink.

You live in California or NY?  Because that is some bullshit.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2018, 02:54:58 AM »
They really do.

And boy can they dish it out.
Hence my situation, lol.  Red hot lady at least once a week!

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2018, 02:56:48 AM »
Late to this party.  ",,,,is that too much?"  I hear the words but I don't know what they mean.
Half a liter of booze is a lot, but liters actually are much smaller than they look, because our two-liters containers have large false bottoms.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2018, 03:38:03 AM »
I managed to break a pint glass while washing it and the gash down the outside of my hand under my pinky was quite bad (flesh hanging down and copious blood) - I only mention this because at the ER they told me it had to be stitched up and they wanted to put local anaesthetic on it (which I know hurts and makes the area swell so would make stitching twice as long a process) so told the doc to just stitch it without anaesthetic - he balked at first, but then I told him to not be a wuss and do it. It was fine, but then I have a very high pain threshold - I have endometriosis. Afterwards the doc told me he had worked in South Africa and they saw a lot of gunshot/stabbing victims and most would not have been able to do what I did.

Maybe I am a bit of a curmudgeonly old lady ;)

he does sound like a pain in the arse, however.
Ouch!

As for the other comment about women taking pain better, I've read that estrogen is a pain killer.  When I had a lot of estrogen, little things never hurt.  Now though, with less estrogen, I can see why some men bawl over papercuts.

I agree with your relative about latrine dumps from planes.  I have smelled urine as planes have flown over.  Not very often, though. 

Sometimes it's better not to get stitches.  Stitches stop gaping wounds and prevent scarring.  But they also do a lot of nerve damage in fingers, and can lead to neuromas.  As long as he controlled the bleeding and gets the wound to stop gaping, he will probably be fine.  I don't avoid hospitals but did you know THE NUMBER ONE CAUSE OF DEATH HERE IS HOSPITAL ERROR, OFFICIALLY!  Just walking into a hospital, one risks getting sick or fatally sick.  Hospitals don't allow daylight in, to kill germs, and they don't allow fresh air in, either.  Many buildings don't, and society ends up with building-specific outbreaks of norovirus and Legionnaire's disease, which are potentially fatal, especially in the elderly and infants.  I have met three people (2 men and one woman) who recently acquired antibiotic-resistant superbug infections that required deep cuts and disfiguration to remove from their flesh.  They were fortunate to live.  Hospitals know that hand sanitizer is vital in reducing infections.  They know that the hand sanitizers which kill e-coli are not the same hand sanitizers that kill the flu.  When it comes to hand sanitizers, and germs, there are at least two different categories.  But instead of making employees use two sanitizers, they only use one, leaving the e-coli end of the loop open.  THEY ALL, if they weren't so evil, could simply use a vinegar solution to kill e-coli type germs.

I didn't quite understand how your relative came to nearly cut his fingers off!  But based on what you said, he might have obsessive-compulsive disorder (ocd).  I would discreetly limit his access to the dog when he is blotto.  Hopefully he wouldn't ever hurt the.dog, but it sounded like maybe he was resisting a compulsion.

As for being charged for the dispatch, what state are you in?  Your state might have a law regarding "duty to call for aid", also known as "duty to rescue" laws which might have required you to call for help for a gaping wound.  Also, your state might have a good samaritan law, which might possibly exempt you fro having to pay for trying to get him help.  You also might have a case if he was drunk when he refused help, trying to help someone who was too incapacitated to make their own decision.  It sounds like it would be worth it to at least write a dispute letter and see how far you get.  Most lawyers will give a short, free consultation over the phone, even if they don't think you will hire them.

The interaction between him and the dog as he cut himself sounds like a mental illness.  Document the date, time, place, and names and contact information every time something like this happens.  Because if there is a pattern of him being a danger to himself or others, then mental health treatment can be forced upon him.  He could be taken to a facility for 72 hours, and possibly medicated.

Also, if he ever becomes legally incompetent, documenting now will make any future incompetence proceedings easier.  Some people have a guardian ad litem who makes decisions for them.  Others have a conservator who controls their money.  Read the National Association to Stop Guardianship Abuse, because the system can be okay, but also can be so crooked as to deeply hurt/abuse/rip off the citizens it is supposed to protect.

He sounds like an entertaining character, and a people person.  He probably needs a support group of vets, treatment for any psychological disturbances, and to go easy on the alcohol.  Whether or not a liter is a lot, he sounds like other alcoholics I've known.  It would be kind of you to present foods he likes when he is drinking, to help his brain and organs.  If he is just a character, though, there is sure nothing wrong with that.  His speech is harsh, but hopefully he wont tick off the wrong person.  Him being at home might be good for him.