Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 274776 times)

Starman2018

• Drone Pilot
  • Alpha Male Instructor/Professional Boomer
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #720 on: April 15, 2019, 07:55:33 PM »
AH, this was the message I wanted to get back to. My Dad also had a great sense of humor. There were ongoing jokes we had and he comes to mind when something he would have had a response to comes up.  Those sound like the things you describe as memories that pop up. We were all also taught to always do our best. My mother told us that when they got married and started to have kids they decided that they wanted to have fun with us, not living in a strict ways loaded with rules. There was one rule mainly. "We are known in town, do not embarrass us."
I know how you feel. The military police on the base knew my Dad so when they were on patrol and saw us out late they would roll down the window and say " Are you Georges kids? Get home now! And we would run all the way. Very little wiggle room to get into any serious trouble but we did have childhood adventures for sure.
Enjoying the continuing journey of discovering infinite diversity...

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #721 on: April 15, 2019, 09:11:18 PM »
Lovely tip of the hat.
+1 :)
@starman thank you.  I am an Art Bell Fan. Over this weekend, the top 2 tributes to Art Bell that I enjoyed was Phil Hendrie doing his Art Bell Coast to Coast impersonation and The Little Podcast That Did.
Both shows focused on Art Bell.

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #722 on: April 16, 2019, 09:35:18 AM »
@starman thank you.  I am an Art Bell Fan. Over this weekend, the top 2 tributes to Art Bell that I enjoyed was Phil Hendrie doing his Art Bell Coast to Coast impersonation and The Little Podcast That Did.

Thank you @FISH very lovely of you!
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #723 on: April 16, 2019, 09:49:02 AM »
Thank you @FISH very lovely of you!
@DynamoHum , your welcome. I listened to many Art Bell remembrance shows over the weekend. Big and small shows on the "air".     
The Little Podcast That Did touched my heart.
 Phil Hendrie's Art Bell shows touched my "funny bone".

Starman2018

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #724 on: April 16, 2019, 01:20:38 PM »
Hey FISH. Was the Phil Henfrie show recorded somewhere. I'd like to give that one a listen as I have already heard TLPD. BTW, when I saw your Art Bell post I heard it in his voice as I read. lol. Go figure. :) What better way to honor the guy than with an Art Bell quote.
Still no reliable official channel reply on my question to the electronic highway wondering how many shows total Art Bell did as a host. I'll also throw it out there from time to time in other rooms. I'm sure I'll get a bite eventually. Have a great day and cheers for now. See ya on the flip side. :)

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #725 on: April 16, 2019, 01:42:31 PM »
Hey FISH. Was the Phil Henfrie show recorded somewhere. I'd like to give that one a listen as I have already heard TLPD. BTW, when I saw your Art Bell post I heard it in his voice as I read. lol. Go figure. :) What better way to honor the guy than with an Art Bell quote.
Still no reliable official channel reply on my question to the electronic highway wondering how many shows total Art Bell did as a host. I'll also throw it out there from time to time in other rooms. I'm sure I'll get a bite eventually. Have a great day and cheers for now. See ya on the flip side. :)
@Starman2018 -In remembrance of Art Bell, Phil Hendrie was playing for FREE audio and video from his Art Bell impressions over the weekend. There is YouTube video with poor/low sound. :(

A few days ago I posted this story. It will help you to understand my sense of humor.
 @sean92008 greetings. Death itself is never funny. My four grand parents’ funeral services were not held at a funeral parlor but in a "home".  As a child, I remember having Granny being laid out in our front parlor. Granny was spending her last night above the earth with her family.  In my kitchen, I heard my family talking about Granny, including humorous experiences. I was taught that telling “funny stories” about the departed is not considered disrespectful.
While Granny was laying out in our parlor, my brother and I got into a pushing fight. We almost knocked Granny and her coffin over. We got into BIG trouble. We were sent to bed. My mother was so angry with us for fighting so close to the coffin.
As I lament the anniversary of Art Bell’s passing over, I have been listening to Phil Hendrie. Phil is sharing an ART BELL MARATHON. Laughter is good for the soul. I took a pass with C2C. I went with humor as a means to pay tribute to Art on 4/13.

PhArt Bell Pharodies Binge
&t=10s

AngiefromNJ

• Filthy Animal
  • Elluminati
  • I AM THE NEW HALLIE
« Reply #726 on: April 16, 2019, 02:27:44 PM »
I love we are his legacy. He was our late night friend who hung out, scared the crap out of us, made us  about the universe and all its wonder. Sir you are missed

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #727 on: April 16, 2019, 02:38:31 PM »
I love we are his legacy. He was our late night friend who hung out, scared the crap out of us, made us  about the universe and all its wonder. Sir you are missed

It was such a great show. I was always disappointed when he retired.  :D
Feeling well, Ang?

AngiefromNJ

• Filthy Animal
  • Elluminati
  • I AM THE NEW HALLIE
« Reply #728 on: April 16, 2019, 02:45:22 PM »
It was such a great show. I was always disappointed when he retired.  :D
Feeling well, Ang?
Feeling better :) how are you my sweet friend

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #729 on: April 16, 2019, 02:59:21 PM »
Feeling better :) how are you my sweet friend

Doing spiffily.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #730 on: April 16, 2019, 04:06:23 PM »
So...  Art made Hi-Fi VHS recordings of all the early shows...
I think I read that the tapes were handed over... maybe not, maybe it was just referring to the ownership of the intellectual property rights... Maybe Airyn will push for "legacy" permission to convert them if she has possession.  Yeah, pretty unlikely...

Eh, nevermind.
Eh, nevermind...

Starman2018

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #731 on: April 16, 2019, 05:32:26 PM »
@Starman2018 -In remembrance of Art Bell, Phil Hendrie was playing for FREE audio and video from his Art Bell impressions over the weekend. There is YouTube video with poor/low sound. :(

A few days ago I posted this story. It will help you to understand my sense of humor.
 @sean92008 greetings. Death itself is never funny. My four grand parents’ funeral services were not held at a funeral parlor but in a "home".  As a child, I remember having Granny being laid out in our front parlor. Granny was spending her last night above the earth with her family.  In my kitchen, I heard my family talking about Granny, including humorous experiences. I was taught that telling “funny stories” about the departed is not considered disrespectful.
While Granny was laying out in our parlor, my brother and I got into a pushing fight. We almost knocked Granny and her coffin over. We got into BIG trouble. We were sent to bed. My mother was so angry with us for fighting so close to the coffin.
As I lament the anniversary of Art Bell’s passing over, I have been listening to Phil Hendrie. Phil is sharing an ART BELL MARATHON. Laughter is good for the soul. I took a pass with C2C. I went with humor as a means to pay tribute to Art on 4/13.

PhArt Bell Pharodies Binge
&t=10s
Hi FISH. Thanks for sharing. I have family on my Dads side from the UK so I understand the tradition of someone passing and having a service in the home. Looks like you and your brother had quite the spark. :) . Phil has Art down to a T! What a hoot! Lmao.Btw. Inside joke= I'm off the eggnog for good now. Christmas will never be the same after tonight. ;)

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #732 on: April 16, 2019, 08:18:46 PM »
Hi FISH. Thanks for sharing. I have family on my Dads side from the UK so I understand the tradition of someone passing and having a service in the home. Looks like you and your brother had quite the spark. :) . Phil has Art down to a T! What a hoot! Lmao.Btw. Inside joke= I'm off the eggnog for good now. Christmas will never be the same after tonight. ;)

High cholesterol?  :(

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #733 on: April 16, 2019, 08:19:18 PM »
So...  Art made Hi-Fi VHS recordings of all the early shows...
I think I read that the tapes were handed over... maybe not, maybe it was just referring to the ownership of the intellectual property rights... Maybe Airyn will push for "legacy" permission to convert them if she has possession.  Yeah, pretty unlikely...

Eh, nevermind.

We neeeeeed them

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #734 on: April 16, 2019, 09:22:49 PM »
We neeeeeed them

Well, not every show with a classic, it is incredible stuff that still deserves to be heard. Hell, KOGO radio in San Diego plays Somewhere in Time every week...  Some of the stuff is quite timely.

By the way, Hi-Fi VHS is really decent quality for a talk show.  It would sound perfect as if it were recorded yesterday.

One big *IF*:
If the tapes haven't gone bad. If they are stored in the desert, there is a good chance they'll be okay.

Eh, nevermind...