Author Topic: A Phantasmagoria of Paper, Pencils, and Pens  (Read 3962 times)

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
Re: A Phantasmagoria of Paper, Pencils, and Pens
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2021, 07:51:29 PM »
Did you get the brain, yet?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Heh heh

The brain is in the same order.

And boy, do I need it!

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2021, 08:13:23 PM »
I ordered this simple yet clever device.  A 3" x  3"  Post It pad fits in the well.

The stencil behind it can be removed, placed flat in the well onto the pad, and then lines, check boxes, and check circles can be drawn.

Perfectly.

There was no Free Will involved. I had to get it.

https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Dispenser-Self-Sticky-Organizer-Compatible/dp/B096JZ5NBP/

Well, I can see you are an enabler.  I'm ordering one tonight.  I don't need it but I don't care.  At least I will have organized chaos. 

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2021, 08:24:15 PM »
Well, I can see you are an enabler.  I'm ordering one tonight.  I don't need it but I don't care.  At least I will have organized chaos.

I can't believe this thing exists and I had never seen it.

The first thing I'm going to do is draw the lines, then rotate stencil 90°, draw again,  and make a grid.

Oh, no! Hints of blotter acid Post It tabs. LOL

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2021, 06:34:26 AM »
Heh heh

The brain is in the same order.

And boy, do I need it!

All righty then!

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2021, 09:12:59 AM »
Let's talk pens.  This brand and type is my basic 'everyday use' choice:

Many years ago, a Registered Nurse got me hooked on Zebras. She used them faithfully at work. I noticed mine would disappear if loaned out for a quickie signing or if left on a desk in a group work environment.

I like the grounding effect of the metal barrel - tactile reaction reminds me of titanium.

( Perhaps the exact opposite of the feel of a chunky, blue-capped BIC?  Heh heh. )

If I were a psychiatrist whipping out the  prescription pad, I do believe I would brandish a black - inked Zebra and click it twice for emphasis. Maybe three clicks.

"Sadly," I have fallen into the trap of messy gel pens - which quality can vary GREATLY by brand.

Note to self: The almost full moon was fierce last night.
Seemed to affect my handwriting. Probably my imagination,
but I cannot rule out that the wolfsbane-based ink gel caused
a ripple of  micro tremors.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2021, 11:11:57 AM »
My odd obsession with writing instruments started at a very young age.  I don't know how it manifested, but it was quite possibly OCD.  When I as in school, as far back as 6th grade, someone could ask me if they could borrow a pen or pencil.  I reluctantly would give them one and when they were done and gave it back I would refuse.  "Just keep it."  Sometimes I never got it back.  Ingrates!

As I got older I would keep a stash of cheap pens just to give away if they needed one.  No returns.  My pens and pencils are sacred.  Is there a psychological disorder for that?  If someone says "Can I borrow your pen?" it seems like a threat.  ;D  I'd give them the 'side-eye', hand off one of my dollar store pens and say "Here, it's yours."

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2021, 12:28:47 PM »
My odd obsession with writing instruments started at a very young age.  I don't know how it manifested, but it was quite possibly OCD.  When I as in school, as far back as 6th grade, someone could ask me if they could borrow a pen or pencil.  I reluctantly would give them one and when they were done and gave it back I would refuse.  "Just keep it."  Sometimes I never got it back.  Ingrates!

As I got older I would keep a stash of cheap pens just to give away if they needed one.  No returns.  My pens and pencils are sacred.  Is there a psychological disorder for that?  If someone says "Can I borrow your pen?" it seems like a threat.  ;D  I'd give them the 'side-eye', hand off one of my dollar store pens and say "Here, it's yours."
You should try to get Tommee to book you as a guest, Shay.  It sounds more interesting than what Jorch has been shoveling recently.  I mean this in a good way. ;) :)
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2021, 01:01:02 PM »
You should try to get Tommee to book you as a guest, Shay.  It sounds more interesting than what Jorch has been shoveling recently.  I mean this in a good way. ;) :)

+1

I know I would tune in for that!

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2021, 01:08:47 PM »
+1

You and Shay are always good at keeping things interesting.  It’s like Art.  He could just read a phone book and keep listeners enthralled. 

Speaking of pens, I have a favored Art Deco one I’ll have to locate.  I know it’s hiding out somewhere in my wilds of Texas hovel.

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
    • The Shaver Mystery
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2021, 01:15:41 PM »
You and Shay are always good at keeping things interesting.  It’s like Art.  He could just read a phone book and keep listeners enthralled. 

Speaking of pens, I have a favored Art Deco one I’ll have to locate.  I know it’s hiding out somewhere in my wilds of Texas hovel.

Being mentioned in the same stretch as Art is a high honor. I may have to quote you in my updated résumé.   ;D

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2021, 01:29:22 PM »
How did you get started in the pencil business, @ShayP ?
Do you pronounce the P at the end of your name?  You know, President Biden’s spokeswoman doesn’t.
Do children use your pencils? How about mean babies?
Is it true pencil lead is not really lead?
Do you like pizza rolls?
Merry Christmas

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2021, 01:49:32 PM »
Do you pronounce the P at the end of your name?  You know, President Biden’s spokeswoman doesn’t.
Do you like pizza rolls?
Heh, heh...

“Let’s take some calls.  First up, Mike the Millenial.”
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2021, 07:52:47 AM »

+1

LOL!  The beauty of this is the suggestion that a guy who exhibits neurotic behavior regarding the possession and use of writing implements could be a guest on C2C.  It truly is funny and shows how far that show has fallen.  ;D

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2021, 08:11:34 AM »
LOL!  The beauty of this is the suggestion that a guy who exhibits neurotic behavior regarding the possession and use of writing implements could be a guest on C2C.  It truly is funny and shows how far that show has fallen.  ;D
Heh, heh... you can then conclude your C2C appearance with “It’s been great, Jorch.  GNS!”  I doubt Tommee would ever catch it, let alone within the delay before he could hit the mute button.  ;D
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2021, 08:22:33 AM »
Do you like pizza rolls?

This is great.  I read all of that in the voice of Noory.  ;D

"...pencil business"  "Do children use your pencils?" LOL!

I would tell Noory the P is pronounced just like Joshua Pee Warren, but the K is silent.