Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 274724 times)

Bookwormy

• KNYE
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2018, 08:31:43 PM »
There are some rumors flying around that he committed suicide, but we can take that with a grain of salt, since every possible rumor about him floated around anyway.

I do know here in Michigan, a woman said her niece died in her 20's, and they said the autopsy results would take at least 4 months. I talked to her 4 months later and she said the autopsy still wasn't back yet.
Who, me?  I'm just a worm.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2018, 08:40:08 PM »
There are some rumors flying around that he committed suicide, but we can take that with a grain of salt, since every possible rumor about him floated around anyway.

I do know here in Michigan, a woman said her niece died in her 20's, and they said the autopsy results would take at least 4 months. I talked to her 4 months later and she said the autopsy still wasn't back yet.

You should see how hard it is to get rid of a sex doll in Michigan after someone dies. 
Are we having fun yet?

Lascivious Sensfaniuk

• KIDD
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2018, 08:44:02 PM »
The real story behind Art Bell's 130 rescued orphans.  I thought I'd summarize it here.

We've all heard the same or similar story parroted everywhere (from Art's C2C page):

"Then he raised money in Alaska that allowed Art to charter a DC 8, fly to Vietnam and rescue 130 Vietnamese Orphans stranded in Saigon at the war's end. They were eventually all brought to America and adopted by American families."

What really happened:

In April 1975, the Jaycees of Anchorage (a group of about 40 young men - Jaycee stands for Junior Chamber, an international club) spearheaded a fast fundraiser with the intent to charter one of Ed Daly's World Airways DC-8 planes and rescue orphans out of Saigon.  The fundraiser "went viral" going statewide in Alaska and raised 130 thousand dollars.  That was enough money and they had 15-20 volunteers standing by at a moment's notice to jump on the plane once they got the green light to go.  They spent a lot of time talking to both US and South Vietnamese governments and orphanages in Saigon.  They never got the green light so the mission to Vietnam didn't go.  Instead the money went to charter an Alaskan Airlines 727 to transport Vietnamese orphans from Seattle to Philadelphia.  The orphans had already been airlifted from Saigon to Seattle by government military C-141 planes.  After the Philadelphia charter, and other expenses, they had only spent 1/3 of the pot of money.  They pledged the rest to help children in Alaska.

It appears that Art was a DJ on radio station KENI in Anchorage at the time, so likely had a role in the fundraising.  It is unclear if he was a member of the 40 strong Jaycees (Junior Chamber) club there.  One of the Jaycee co-chairmen of this "Operation Airlift" ie. the guy running it was Chuck May, it is not known at this time of writing who the other chairman was.

This is all taken from the Fairbanks Daily Times-Miner.  Articles on April 8, 9, 16 and May 2 and July 11, 1975

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2018, 08:44:49 PM »

You should see how hard it is to get rid of a sex doll in Michigan after someone dies.

Some things might have been better left buried forever on the old board.     8)

SomeVelvetMorning

• KIDD
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2018, 09:07:14 PM »
The real story behind Art Bell's 130 rescued orphans

Hey thanks for the research.  We appreciae your time and effort in finding this!  Any other Art tales from his Alaska days?

4Katdad

• KNYE
  • Can't you see I'm busy?
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2018, 09:07:36 PM »

It's been three months since Art died so we're in that window then. I know Noory has been giving periodic updates on trying to get the tox reports, and on a whim I went back and listened to last night's C2C open and sure enough he had another update, said the coroner said that Art's tox report isn't back yet. So there definitely was an autopsy and we'll find out what officially happened in due time.

I live in Ohio, and my mom had been dead about three days before a friend found her in her house (she lived alone). Smoked herself to death. I had spoken to her just a few days before. I talked with the coroner in her driveway and he never even asked me about an autopsy, which I thought strange since she had been deceased about 72 hours. So maybe per Ohio law he didn't see a reason for an autopsy.

Like everyone else I have wondered what Art's last days were like, because I emailed him on April 9 (the first time I ever had any actual contact with him) about a classic bumper music question that's been driving me nuts, and he answered me back on April 10 saying he wasn't sure what song it was and if I could send him more information. I responded to him that same day, April 10, giving him what more info I could, and I never heard from him again. Of course he died three days later.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2018, 09:07:53 PM »
Anything Art said would need to be verified elsewhere.

Lascivious Sensfaniuk

• KIDD
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2018, 09:42:59 PM »
Hey thanks for the research.  We appreciae your time and effort in finding this!  Any other Art tales from his Alaska days?

No, I just drilled into this one story.  I reached out to Chuck May's widow but got no response.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2018, 09:43:35 PM »
The real story behind Art Bell's 130 rescued orphans.  I thought I'd summarize it here.

We've all heard the same or similar story parroted everywhere (from Art's C2C page):

"Then he raised money in Alaska that allowed Art to charter a DC 8, fly to Vietnam and rescue 130 Vietnamese Orphans stranded in Saigon at the war's end. They were eventually all brought to America and adopted by American families."

What really happened:

In April 1975, the Jaycees of Anchorage (a group of about 40 young men - Jaycee stands for Junior Chamber, an international club) spearheaded a fast fundraiser with the intent to charter one of Ed Daly's World Airways DC-8 planes and rescue orphans out of Saigon.  The fundraiser "went viral" going statewide in Alaska and raised 130 thousand dollars.  That was enough money and they had 15-20 volunteers standing by at a moment's notice to jump on the plane once they got the green light to go.  They spent a lot of time talking to both US and South Vietnamese governments and orphanages in Saigon.  They never got the green light so the mission to Vietnam didn't go.  Instead the money went to charter an Alaskan Airlines 727 to transport Vietnamese orphans from Seattle to Philadelphia.  The orphans had already been airlifted from Saigon to Seattle by government military C-141 planes.  After the Philadelphia charter, and other expenses, they had only spent 1/3 of the pot of money.  They pledged the rest to help children in Alaska.

It appears that Art was a DJ on radio station KENI in Anchorage at the time, so likely had a role in the fundraising.  It is unclear if he was a member of the 40 strong Jaycees (Junior Chamber) club there.  One of the Jaycee co-chairmen of this "Operation Airlift" ie. the guy running it was Chuck May, it is not known at this time of writing who the other chairman was.

This is all taken from the Fairbanks Daily Times-Miner.  Articles on April 8, 9, 16 and May 2 and July 11, 1975

This is great

Lascivious Sensfaniuk

• KIDD
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2018, 09:55:15 PM »

Gonoory

• Cuckshacker
  • KDWN
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2018, 10:06:23 PM »

What really happened:

Art involved in trafficking 130 child slaves.  (Just like he did with Airyn after he killed Ramona)

Then abandons them in shithole Philly.

Then pretends to be some white knight hero while the poor kids are probably never seen of again after their use in massage parlors and Democrat pizza parties sex magik pineal gland eating is done.

What a dickhead.

Gonoory

• Cuckshacker
  • KDWN
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2018, 10:10:56 PM »
It's been three months since Art died so we're in that window then. I know Noory has been giving periodic updates on trying to get the tox reports, and on a whim I went back and listened to last night's C2C open and sure enough he had another update, said the coroner said that Art's tox report isn't back yet. So there definitely was an autopsy and we'll find out what officially happened in due time.

I live in Ohio, and my mom had been dead about three days before a friend found her in her house (she lived alone). Smoked herself to death. I had spoken to her just a few days before. I talked with the coroner in her driveway and he never even asked me about an autopsy, which I thought strange since she had been deceased about 72 hours. So maybe per Ohio law he didn't see a reason for an autopsy.

Like everyone else I have wondered what Art's last days were like, because I emailed him on April 9 (the first time I ever had any actual contact with him) about a classic bumper music question that's been driving me nuts, and he answered me back on April 10 saying he wasn't sure what song it was and if I could send him more information. I responded to him that same day, April 10, giving him what more info I could, and I never heard from him again. Of course he died three days later.

Art would had known what song you were talking about.  Those songs were the soundtrack to his miserable life.

“Art” didn’t know because dumbass heather was pretending to be art and was wearing her art bell skin suit while answering his emails.  Heather would only know if you asked about some Danzig song.

Art had been dead a week by then.  Heather was wearing art’s skin suit.  That is why she couldn’t bear to see art’s Corpse too.  Because she skinned him and the mortician just tossed his skin suit in the casket with his degloved body.

4Katdad

• KNYE
  • Can't you see I'm busy?
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2018, 11:39:03 PM »

Art would had known what song you were talking about.  Those songs were the soundtrack to his miserable life.

“Art” didn’t know because dumbass heather was pretending to be art and was wearing her art bell skin suit while answering his emails.  Heather would only know if you asked about some Danzig song.

Art had been dead a week by then.  Heather was wearing art’s skin suit.  That is why she couldn’t bear to see art’s Corpse too.  Because she skinned him and the mortician just tossed his skin suit in the casket with his degloved body.

I'm not an Art basher and I'm not an Art apologist. He was one hell of a radio host, maybe the best ever, but he certainly did some off-putting things like marrying a 20-year-old three months after Ramona died and the whole Heather fiasco. All of us have done some things we regret and wish we could take back, but the Heather thing was really strange. She goes from being a perfect stranger to Art staking his credibility on her, in a matter of months. And even when it became obvious nobody was buying it, he still force-fed the notion that she was steadily improving and even became angry that people didn't like her or her show. What was in it for Art to be this obsessive and possessive about her? I know people say he was getting a shot of leg from her, but it's difficult to imagine a guy his age with his health issues, especially difficulty breathing, getting after it with Heather. There had to be something else that made him go down with the ship on that one.

For me it doesn't taint all the years of incredible radio he gave us, that had nothing to do with the Heather situation, but it makes you wonder where his mind was at toward the end. Maybe COPD wasn't his only ailment. Sad.

Bookwormy

• KNYE
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2018, 12:55:27 AM »
Who, me?  I'm just a worm.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated